Breakfast ideas

Options
Hi
I'm not a big egg eater and I don't like oatmeal. Any lower calorie breakfast ideas that are kinda quick for a working mother of three?

Replies

• shezza737
    shezza737 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • formytwins
    Options
    I am not going to be much help. I do the top 2 things you don't like..ha ha. I cook 2 egg whites, 1/2 c oatmeal with sweet & low and raisins and an apple.
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Cream of wheat, cream of rice. Just add water.
  • jilllk84
    jilllk84 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    We have some 100 calorie sandwich thins that are really good if you put some shredded cheese on them and make a grilled cheese breakfast. One sandwich with 1/4 cup of shredded kraft mexican cheese mix is about 210 calories. Or you can do peanut butter instead of cheese on them to have a little more flavor.
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I usually have one piece of wheat toast with a tsp of peanut butter. It's not so much but enough to last me until lunch time.
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I'm always up for new breakfast ideas....I'm not much of a breakfast eater at all...
  • kdavis74
    kdavis74 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Vitatop Muffin tops, 100calories and they have several flavors. I also purchased Kashi Go Lean (140 for 1 cup) and almond milk (40 cal).
  • barefootbeautiful
    Options
    I'm a mother of two small ones, so breakfast is always an issue for me. If you don't mind supplements, I drink a protein shake every morning. I only use a specific brand called Metabolic Drive because the taste it wonderful, and it fills me up for hours, literally! Plus, its a great way to get a head start on my required protein for the day. I admit the website to order it from is chauvenist and a little ridculous, but having tried a few others... I'll take the bikini babes for a few minutes to have the good taste of the shakes!
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    How about a cereal that is high in fiber? PUFFINS is pretty good. Lots of bran!
  • ultimategar
    ultimategar Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Eat oatmeal, you'll learn to love it ;)
    Quick and easy would be banana smoothie; fruit juice/banana/random fruit & veg/muesli etc etc
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I love having a Fiber One Yogurt with an Emerald Breakfast on the go pack. It is easy and I can eat it as I am getting the kids up and ready to go to school. I also really like to have a Vitamuffin, or a bagel thin with sugar free jelly and a banana.
  • MakingAChoice
    MakingAChoice Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    A multi-whole grain bread for toast with a little peanut butter on it. I use Dave's Killer Bread - 21 grain, it is more of a west coast thing I hear, but I found it at Costco recently too. It is really good bread and filling.

Bananas

If you have time you can do a mock scramble of veggies you like. I do zucchini, onion, mushrooms, tomato, and ham. I do add egg beaters to mine, but there is nothing saying you need to do that if you don't like eggs. I try to only use 1 oz of ham to limit the sodium that I get from that source.
  • Rowell29s
    Options
    Luna Bars for women!!!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them.
  • Ceria
    Ceria Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Fiber One bars are great. I have them with 4 oz of almond milk.
  • tauns
    tauns Posts: 29
    Options
    Honestly HEALTHY cereal is not a horrible choice. I love Fiber One Honey Clusters. I think it tastes good and my kids eat it so I figure my taste buds can't be that off :) For 1 1/4 cup (55g) its 170 calories, 1g of fat, 14 g dietary fiber, 5g of sugar and you also get 3 g of protein. With milk you are at about 215-260 calories depending on if you put a full cup or 1/2 cup and if it's skim or not. You could also choose to put it in low fat normal or greek yogurt.

Another option is greek yogurt. We buy the chobani brand because the size for breakfast portions is good and I like the flavor the most. Really any brand or flavor you like would work. You just add walnuts or pecans to it for a little extra protein and full feeling. Really high in protein, stays with you for a long time and its yummy :)
  • jamgal789
    jamgal789 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    We have some 100 calorie sandwich thins that are really good if you put some shredded cheese on them and make a grilled cheese breakfast. One sandwich with 1/4 cup of shredded kraft mexican cheese mix is about 210 calories. Or you can do peanut butter instead of cheese on them to have a little more flavor.

- Slap some tomato slices on that sandwich (above) to up the nutrition level.
    - Fresh Fruit (alone or with nuts)
    - Berrry Smoothie
    - Leftovers from last night's dinner
    - a Salad (yep!)
  • ratkaj
    ratkaj Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    My personal trainer has me eating a 1/2 cup cottage cheese and come fresh fruit. YUM
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    I like: sliced apple dipped in 1 TBS of melted peanut butter
    OR
    1/2 cup low fat Cottage cheese and some raw fruit (watermelon and honedew)
    OR
    A Pure Protein Bar (smores my fav)
    ALL WITH
    2 cups of water
  • REman
    REman Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Fruit with Greek yogurt - I like to add banana slices and/or blueberries to one cup of Fage nonfat Greek yogurt.

Low cal pancakes - There are a ton of recipes out there for low calorie pancakes. Instead of syrup, I add fruit or 1-2 tbsp of peanut butter. I sometimes use white or dark chocolate peanut butter from Peanut Butter & Co., although not always because it is expensive. If you don't have time to make pancakes and there is a Trader Joe's in your area, you can try their frozen gluten free pancakes. They're not that low in calories, but they work well with fruit or peanut butter.

Smoothie - 1 cup soymilk, fruit of your choice, yogurt. I sometimes add cinnamon as well. If you're a protein mix type of person, you can add some whey powder to it. If you really want to make it satiating, add flaxseed.

Morning sandwich - Whole wheat bread, peanut butter, sliced bananas, cinnamon. You can also grill it and it'll taste great.

Plain ol' fruit salad - This one is great during the summer. Just throw your favorite foods together and have it with coffee. :)
  • hroderick
    hroderick Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Yummy, only 137cal if you cut them recommended size

http://www.recipe.com/energy-bars/