Just the perfect meal!!!

MRudman
MRudman Posts: 63 Member
edited September 24 in Food and Nutrition
Hi MFP family.

I USED to eat those high sodium microwave meals, but not after today. Okay so here's what I did. I combined the following ingredients in a foil packet and baked it on 350F for about 30 mins.. It was soooooo delicious! If you try it, let me know what you think.

1- Perdue Perfect Portions Roasted Garlic White Wine flavored chicken breast
1- small Russet potato
1/2 cup or a bit less onion sliced
3 TBS- Green Bell Pepper

Coat with spray butter and season with your favorite (low sodium) seasoning. I like onion powder, black pepper, and Greek seasoning.

This was really good! To me, the chicken tasted like it had been cooked on an outdoor grill. Enjoy!

Replies

• BrownEyedG1rl
    BrownEyedG1rl Posts: 625 Member
    That sounds really good! Thanks!
  • MRudman
    I forgot to mention that mine was only 258 calories!!!!
  • kcdrake
    kcdrake Posts: 512
    Mmmm, that sounds sooo good:love:
  • polar5554
    polar5554 Posts: 576 Member
    I have never heard of the Perdue Perfect Portions...How are they? Are they expensive? Are they at all grocery stores?
  • KhollerSA05
    KhollerSA05 Posts: 39 Member
    yeah as convenient as the mircowave meals are the actual health factor i think is in question because of all the preservatives. I have learned that I can prep up a tatsy health concious meal in mass qualities and heat it up through the week for quick meals. it makes it easy and helps keep me on track.
  • bonnienm
    bonnienm Posts: 329 Member
    They are nice in a pinch though and I doubt they;re too bad you if you only eat them once in a while:)
  • Jizes318
    Jizes318 Posts: 409 Member
    Ooooh where can I find this chicken? I have never seen the white wine ones!
  • This sounds great!! I will try and let you know!!! Thanks :smile:
  • juldga
    juldga Posts: 119
    Nice I never thought about making my own "TV dinners"
  • peimomof2
    peimomof2 Posts: 79 Member
    This does sound really good and so easy to put together! :)
  • MRudman
    I have never heard of the Perdue Perfect Portions...How are they? Are they expensive? Are they at all grocery stores?

They are more than regular chicken breasts, but they are completely trimmed, no hormones, etc. I'm in Central Florida, and most all the stores here have them. Wal-Mart has always been the cheapest.
  • MRudman
    Ooooh where can I find this chicken? I have never seen the white wine ones!

I found mine at Publix, but I'm sure any grocery store has them; especially Wal-Mart if you have one close by.
  • kevanos
    kevanos Posts: 304 Member
    nice meal.

i only use olive oil/ canola oil/vegetable oil to grease anything really. Any form of butter is animal fat. Aniamal fat is saturared fat. The oils are unsaturated and therefore better for you.

my 0.02$
  • MRudman
    nice meal.

i only use olive oil/ canola oil/vegetable oil to grease anything really. Any form of butter is animal fat. Aniamal fat is saturared fat. The oils are unsaturated and therefore better for you.

my 0.02$

I agree with you 110%, I use both, but sometimes I just want that butter flavor that's in the Parkay zero calorie spray. Thanks for reminding me though. :)
This discussion has been closed.