Green Tea, are you drinking it everyday?

Options
So I hear a lot about green tea and I want to start drinking it on a daily basis, but there are so many out there. Are you guys drinking it everyday and enjoying it? Any thoughts.

Replies

• lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    every single day I have 16 oz or more of pure green tea
  • jodimitchell
    jodimitchell Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    im just starting... id love to hear if some brands are better than others! what does "pure green tea" mean?? is liptons not pure?? does having pomegranite or berries type make it less effective??
  • barrelskinny
    Options
    The Dr. who wrote the 17 day diet book, says drink a green tea after each meal, it helps your digestion. I have been doing it most days, and I really don't now if it helps or not. I do know that when I decide I can "figure it out on my own" or stray from the diet, I don't loose the weight I loose when I stick to the plan! I think green tea is good a body on many levels though! BUT, it does not take the place of drinking 8-8oz glasses of water per day. Keep on keepin on!
  • fitnesspirateninja
    fitnesspirateninja Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I drink it every day, but not for weight loss. I like the taste and it's fairly low in caffine, at least compared to coffee or soda.

I like Celestial Seasonings' Green Tea (it has white tea and citrus in it), Trader Joe's Jasmine Pearl Green Tea, and Numi Jasmine Green Tea.
  • Cmuchoa
    Cmuchoa Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I drink hot green tea each and every morning - I buy the store brand as we are on a extemely tight budget unless I find a coupon for another brand - it is very good for you - try it and you just may like it !
  • EZGruv
    EZGruv Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I drink it every day. Heck, I've had 4 cups already today!
  • tinaharrison1
    Options
    Not sure where everyone is from but Tim Horton's has a really great green tea. It also has lemon grass and lemon balm (can't remember exactly). There is another kind of chinese (I believe) green tea called gunpowder, I find it better than some. It is one that would be foudn in an alternative health food store. If you really don't like the taste of it you could always take green tea supplements.
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    I drink a cup or two of Stash Green Chai tea every afternoon, only because I like it and because it gives me that much needed 3pm boost I need to get through the day :) Seems to help mid afternoon snackies and hunger for me too
  • DivaDLB
    DivaDLB Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I drink it everyday. I also have a pitcher in my fridge that I drink with meals. I also different flavors.
  • hdchic78
    hdchic78 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I drink 1 cup of Salada Green Tea every morning -- just cuz it's yummy -- and hey, if it happens to be good for me, that's even better!!!!
  • lilRicki
    Options
    Some green teas have additives...I like Stash or Tetley myself...and I DO count it as water, I do consume 8 glasses of pure water, but I also add my 4-6 cups of pure green tea as water too..that is up for debate, you can do what you want as long as you're drinking your 8 cups of water.
  • Giovanni_P
    Options
    I bought some Stash brand green tea. To be honest with you, I don't like green tea at all. I have to force it down.
    So, no. I am not enjoying it. But for health reasons, I punish my tastebuds anyway.
  • Ryhenblue
    Ryhenblue Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I love Tazo Zen green tea. It has lemongrass and spearmint in it. I will also drink Lipton or celestial green tea, herbal teas, or white teas. I haven't heard anything about these green teas not being as healthy as other green teas.
  • lilRicki
    Options
    Not sure where everyone is from but Tim Horton's has a really great green tea. It also has lemon grass and lemon balm (can't remember exactly). There is another kind of chinese (I believe) green tea called gunpowder, I find it better than some. It is one that would be foudn in an alternative health food store. If you really don't like the taste of it you could always take green tea supplements.

and it's roll up the rim time!!! WOOT WOOT! i get my green tea from tim's when it's RRRROOOOLLL up the RRRIIIIMMMMM
  • n8e96
    n8e96 Posts: 3
    Options
    I read an short article in Womens Health that says " Green tea is a primo source of cancer-fighting catechins. But only 20 % of those catechins survive the digestive process. A study found that squeezing lemon juice into your green brew boosts the number you digest up to 13 times. And adding a teaspoon of sugar morphs catechins into a form that's three times easier to absorb. So add your lemon juice and sugar...taste better that way anyway : )
  • Beth_1217
    Options
    I try to drink green tea every day. I cut waaay back on soda and have tea instead. My favorite is the Twinings green tea with jasmine, although I also enjoy a decaf version made by Bigelow. I'm more than a little addicted to it. :)
  • Rob400
    Options
    I am drinking it every morning, but if it helps with digestion i will try it throughout the day.
  • mandik19
    Options
    I just started doing that today. I add a little bit of splenda to mine, does anyone know if that's ok?
  • fitnesspirateninja
    fitnesspirateninja Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I love Tazo Zen green tea. It has lemongrass and spearmint in it. I will also drink Lipton or celestial green tea, herbal teas, or white teas. I haven't heard anything about these green teas not being as healthy as other green teas.

Oh, I forgot about Tazo's Zen green tea! It's one of my favorites!
  • EZGruv
    EZGruv Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I just started doing that today. I add a little bit of splenda to mine, does anyone know if that's ok?

I add a packet of Splenda to each cup.