Options
    Monday, 3 margaritas, 2 Sam Adams
    Tuesday, 0 drinks
    Wednesday, 0 drinks

Total: 5
    Goal < 12

Yvonne, hope you didn't spill that wine with the jiggly arms....LOL
    Berry and Mom, welcome to the thread
    Faith, nice job on the weight loss...It's a great feeling to watch that scale move in the right direction
    Blondie, oh man, the morning after hurt

I decided that I am going to maintain sobriety until next Wednesday when we celebrate my son's big 2-0 birthday...that will be 8 days in a row...it shouldn't be too bad since I work the weekend

an ah, ha moment...I'm thinking I like the feeling of losing weight better than drinking at this time
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    sorry bout the hangover Blondie but the hot pepper thing sounds good and remeber hot spicy foods (and drinks) burn more calories.

Yvonne I have had those arms before, thats what staws are for:wink:
    Faith glad someone is losing weight well. I am slowly inching down.
    Kim what a great goal. I know you can do 8 days.

I caved last night and had a few vodkas. I was getting real late ngith munchy and I decided if I had a drink or two I wouldn't keep munching. I think I did better with vodka calories than I would have with the bag of chips that was calling my name.
  • barberella
    Options
    Hello All!! Lush here reporting after a night of puking..Tally so far this week:

Monday: 2 Canadian Clubs and Diet cokes
    Tuesday: 2 CCs and Diets
    Wednesday: 2 CC and Diets, 2 whiskey and diets at Bingo=Barfing!!

Cannot drink cheap booze..That damn rail ****..On the upside, it made me barf everything I ate for the day. Okay, that's maybe not good but..
  • EgyptianMushroom
    EgyptianMushroom Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I've never really drank much or all the time but there is seriously something satisfying about a beer after a long day or week.
    This being said...I just realized I can't have my weekly booze fix because I picked up 16 hours of over time...****.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Cannot drink cheap booze..That damn rail ****..On the upside, it made me barf everything I ate for the day. Okay, that's maybe not good but..

I can understand the rationalization:ohwell: ....the other benefit is, you don't have a hangover in the morning:happy:
  • EgyptianMushroom
    EgyptianMushroom Posts: 341 Member
    Options

I can understand the rationalization:ohwell: ....the other benefit is, you don't have a hangover in the morning:happy:

My biggest pet peeve is actually being able to taste how cheap it is. :angry:
  • barberella
    Options
    Where are you doing the one in WI?
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    I ended up having a glass of wine last night...it was that or ice cream.

Sunday=0
    Monday=1 vodka soda
    Tuesday=1 riesling
    Wednesday=1 riesling

I have parent conferences tonight and then volleyball so methinks I'll head straight to bed.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    :sick:

My biggest pet peeve is actually being able to taste how cheap it is. :angry:

EEEEWWWWWW
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Where are you doing the one in WI?

Twin Lakes, WI....near Galena
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Back from DR where I had a lushy fab time, it was super warm and the beach and ocean are beautiful. I had mimosas or bloody marys, followed by beer, rum punch, coco locos and all manner of crazy drinks. The margs were good too.
    My goals now, I think, drink less. Maybe three days per week.
    Restaurant week is coming up and I have reservations at several places so the eating and the drinking for the next two weeks might be a challenge, I need to keep up with my exercise schedule if I want to eliminate my vacation pounds...
  • jfgstrack1
    Options
    Hi! I love reading this post because it helps me acknowledge that I love to drink and don't want to stop cause I'm trying to lose weight. Reading that others are just like me helps me feel less guilty! There's so much I do to maintain a healthy life style and I'm working hard to lose my weight. I just don't want to deny every pleasure. I enjoy wine and occasional mixed drinks. It's important to me to know that I can manage this pleasure with all the other stuff I do to reach my goal.
  • 008Lizzy
    008Lizzy Posts: 95 Member
    Options

Now why didnt I think to hit the bucket before I went to bed:huh:
    The biggest laugh is - MY DH DID!!!!!! He was really sick, not that I laughed or anything:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Glad to hear I was not alone in my lushness last night, was it a full moon? Few of us caved for sure hah!!! :bigsmile:
  • 008Lizzy
    Options
    Back from DR where I had a lushy fab time, it was super warm and the beach and ocean are beautiful. I had mimosas or bloody marys, followed by beer, rum punch, coco locos and all manner of crazy drinks. The margs were good too.
    Restaurant week is coming up and I have reservations at several places so the eating and the drinking for the next two weeks might be a challenge, I need to keep up with my exercise schedule if I want to eliminate my vacation pounds...

YAAYYY Glad you had a great vacation, got a sun tan?? :glasses:
  • 008Lizzy
    Options
    I ended up having a glass of wine last night...it was that or ice cream.

Sunday=0
    Monday=1 vodka soda
    Tuesday=1 riesling
    Wednesday=1 riesling

I have parent conferences tonight and then volleyball so methinks I'll head straight to bed.

Good choice, Im proud of you!
  • 008Lizzy
    Options
    :laugh: :drinker:

Love your new profile pic..HOT HOT HOT!!!
  • PamDW
    PamDW Posts: 246
    Options
    I have not given up my red wine... but I have cut way back this week.... .
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options

Well, I had one sprayed on before I left, it looked pretty good. But I am vigilant with the sunscreen so I don't think I got much color. It sure looks nice but now all I see is wrinkles and cancer:tongue: and, getting a sunburn on vacation is the worst, you're uncomfortable, you stay out of the sun and it hurts.
  • 008Lizzy
    Options

Well, I had one sprayed on before I left, it looked pretty good. But I am vigilant with the sunscreen so I don't think I got much color. It sure looks nice but now all I see is wrinkles and cancer:tongue: and, getting a sunburn on vacation is the worst, you're uncomfortable, you stay out of the sun and it hurts.

Yup, quite right Amy.. I used to lounge in the sun for hours on end. Now, I get a spray tan before I go, and then use a german product called "P20" which is incredible....never ever ever burn, and its a "once a day". I tend to wear hats now too, and go in the shade...well done you!!
  • charityateet
    charityateet Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I want a drink. The problem is that I don't just want ONE.

Booooo.