BIGGEST LOSER TRUTH - FROM CONTESTANT

Options
http://www.bodylovewellness.com/2010/06/09/kai-hibbard-biggest-loser-finalist-part-1-of-3/

I AM JUST BLOWN AWAY BY THIS.

It is a 3 part article/and a TAPED interview with Kai, who was in the Third Season Biggest Loser. (I think was the Third). She tells the true story, at the risk of being sued by the BL people, about what REALLY went on.

Just do yourself a favor and READ THIS. Seriously, it has changed my outlook on being frustrated about my own weight loss. Someone else posted this in another area, which I subsequently lost after I went to the site and read it all.

Totally disgusting what TV has come to.

Wow...

Replies

• emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    bump for later....
  • JeninBelgium
    JeninBelgium Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    bumping for later too
  • smiley01x
    smiley01x Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    bump
  • crystaltrejo
    crystaltrejo Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    WOW, that is all I can say, thanks for sharing.
  • loria30
    loria30 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    bumping for later also
  • NMandaMarie
    NMandaMarie Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting. I've only watched the show a few times. My husband has a problem with it (basically the article pointed out/confirmed everything he's ever said he doesn't like about the show - except of course of the behind the scenes details).
  • busygirl1
    Options
    I read it and was shocked, especially at the length of a week changing! no wonder they are losing 15lbs + in a week if the week is 14 days long and they are dehydrated on purpose. I was a big fan of the show as it advocates hard exercise and calorie control over surgery (which I think is just plain wrong) but this article really disappointed me.
  • aprilmssmith
    aprilmssmith Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I've always thought that those "last chance workouts" were dehydration sessions.
  • tonisteedley
    Options
    WOW !!! This is sooo terrible... And so sad at the same time...
  • fitzie63
    fitzie63 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much for sharing that link. I read all three parts of that interview. It was a real eye-opener. Now, we know that those huge weight losses on the Biggest Loser tv show are not correct.

That was season 3 that Kai was in..a long time ago. Probably not much change, if any.

Maybe watching that t.v. show is why I've been feeling so down about being in a plateau for such a long time.
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    Seriously this is fascinating...
  • tolygal
    tolygal Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Bump - I'm curious too, but don't have time to read it right now...
  • BeckyJill7
    BeckyJill7 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    wow-
  • Boomerof51
    Boomerof51 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • SweetToothMelissa
    SweetToothMelissa Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    bump for later!
  • sarakaufman
    sarakaufman Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I watch the show and I hae alway thought how the hell do they lose all that weight in one week. WELL thats just unreal. I think I won't be watching that anymore. unbeliveable I can't even say what I want to say cuz its all swearing. JUST UNREAL. That really makes you think after reading that.
  • vanzeem
    vanzeem Posts: 107
    Options
    bump
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    Never seen it but am watching the UK version and I do think a lot of it is very staged...but wow, just WOW!
  • teasdino
    teasdino Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I could never watch the show. When I saw the advertisements and they had ppl on the stage in just their spandex...I thought that was not needed. And then to promote people losing lots of pounds in a week? And to have someone who is very overweight doing hard core exersize for hours on end? Not to mention on the commercials they showed the trainers yelling and screaming at the people. I had heard before they were involved in hours upon hours a day of working out. And I have heard that their mind set is to 'kick start' their losing so they will continue. I just never thought it was realistic for their future. Its not even healthy to work someone really out of shape that hard. I was just curious how no one ever had a heart attack. Hearing this come at no surprise to me.
    I know allot of other people will say 'well then...they should have just left it'. On the surface that seems to be logical. But if you are being manipulated and brow beaten it goes far deeper emotionally. You have to have some compassion for these people. They didnt get that way over night. I am sure that some time in their life someone has said mean and nasty things to them about how they look. I would think the screening process would weed out the more secure and stubborn, logical thinking, people. hahah...hmmmm No way would they let my foot in the door eh? :laugh:
    I just hope that people on here will work toward their goals in a steady MAINTAINABLE lifestyle change. It didnt take me 2 months to get like this, so I wont expect it to take 2 months to get healthy. Slower and steady has been proven to be the way to keep it off in the long run. Isnt that what we should set our minds to accomplishing?
    Just my rambling ;-]
    love, kisses, and carrots to all my friends :flowerforyou:
    jac