Plaetau---Need to do something...

Options
I have not lost an ounce in 3 weeks. Im stuck at a 10lbs loss. I added more excersize, and been sticking with 1200 - 1300 cal a day. What do i need to do now? Its really depressing! :sad:

Linda

Replies

• liz_bolin
    liz_bolin Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I just started a topic (very frustrated) everyone is telling me to eat more
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    Track inches too. Sometimes you are loosing fat but gaining muscle so the scale doesn't move. Don't be overly scale focused, it helps to use the measuring too.
  • Dobsaya
    Dobsaya Posts: 235
    Options
    I was eating about 1500 calories a day and burning about 500-600 calories a day. I lost 4 pounds and then came to a halt for 3 weeks. I increased my calories to 1800-2100 a day and I have lost 4 pounds in the last 2 weeks. I know it sounds crazy, but it does work.
  • SuzanneRogers
    SuzanneRogers Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    need to eat back your exercise calories.. you need more food..
  • shunke
    shunke Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I think you need to eat more healthy fats and proteins. That is super low. A gal I work with was sticking to 1200-1300 for months and no change. As soon as she upped it to 1500-1600 the scale started to move. She exercised a lot and needed to add fuel to burn. Worth a try!! Good luck!!
  • spgabby86
    spgabby86 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I have not lost an ounce in 3 weeks. Im stuck at a 10lbs loss. I added more excersize, and been sticking with 1200 - 1300 cal a day. What do i need to do now? Its really depressing! :sad:

Linda

I had the same problem when I was stuck at 10lbs...but once I increased my exercise and INCREASED my calories to more around 1400-1600 I lost the weight..the first week I increase both I lost 4.2 lbs, now I average any where from 1 to 2.2 lbs a week...assuming I really watch my sodium intake...I have high blood pressure so I should be watching that any way...but I notice I lose less when my sodium intake is high for the week.

Hope this helps
  • jram70
    jram70 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I was stuck at the same weight (give or take a couple of ounces) for almost a month. Started eating more calories (changed MFP down to only 1lb per week) with the same exercise routine and it came right off. I stopped drinking diet coke too, but attribute it more to the calorie uptake. I eat my exercise calories back if I am hungry - if not I don't. When I eat them back I always leave a 100-150 "extra" to help account for errors in logging, portions, etc.
  • lal73
    lal73 Posts: 116
    Options
    bump