Starbucks!!!!!

Options
Yep, I said Starbucks! I was soooooo excited today when I got my email from "Hungry Girl"! They listed a few low calorie drinks from Starbucks. I thought I would share with all of you because we all know that a treat once in a while is perfectly okay!

Safest Sips!
By "safest" we mean "most guilt-free." As far as we know, SB's drinks aren't actual dangers to society...

New Kid on the Block: Skinny Caramel Macchiato
PER SERVING (Grande, 16 fl.oz.): 140 calories, 1g fat, 150mg sodium, 21g carbs, 0g fiber, 18g sugars, 11g protein -- PointsPlus™ value 4*

This drink is SO good! Yeah, it's pretty much a Skinny Vanilla Latte with some caramel squiggles on top... but when have we ever turned up our noses at caramel squiggles? You can also get this drink iced, which will come in handy in the months to come. (How long 'til summer?!)

Guilt-Free Standby: Skinny Latte
PER SERVING (Grande, 16 fl.oz.): 130 calories, 0g fat, 150 - 170mg sodium, 19g carbs, 0g fiber, 17 - 18g sugars, 12 - 13g protein -- PointsPlus™ value 3*

Just say "skinny" and your latte will automatically be made with nonfat milk. (There's no telling what will happen if you just say "scrawny.") And don't hesitate to request a pump or two of sugar-free flavored syrup for zero extra calories. At a fully stocked location, you can choose from Vanilla, Hazelnut, Caramel, and Cinnamon Dolce. Hooray!

Under the Radar & Awesome: Caffè Misto
PER SERVING (Grande, 16 fl.oz., with nonfat milk): 70 calories, 0g fat, 90mg sodium, 10g carbs, 0g fiber, 10g sugars, 7g protein -- PointsPlus™ value 2*

Half coffee, half milk, all good! It's a frothy masterpiece...

Decadent & Delicious: Frappuccino Light Blended Beverages
PER SERVING (Grande, 16 fl.oz. excluding seasonal flavors): 110 - 210 calories, 0 - 3.5g fat, 190 - 260mg sodium, 27 - 49g carbs, 0 - 2g fiber, 23 - 44g sugars, 3 - 6g protein -- PointsPlus™ value 3 - 6*

Your year-round flavor options include Caffè Vanilla, Caramel, Cinnamon Dolce, Coffee (unflavored), Java Chip, Mocha, and Toffee Mocha. The least caloric of those are the basic Coffee (PointsPlus™ value 3*) and the 140-calorie Mocha (PointsPlus™ value 4*). Sweet!

Can't-Go-Wrong Classics: Unsweetened Brewed Coffee or Tazo Tea
PER SERVING (Grande, 16 fl.oz.): 0 - 5 calories, 0g fat, 0 - 10mg sodium, 0g carbs, 0g fiber, 0g sugars, 0 - 1g protein -- PointsPlus™ value 0*

If beverages were wardrobe options, consider each of these your little black dress -- always a good choice. Just add your favorite calorie-free sweetener and sip away. Fans of plain sugar, simply tack on about 15 calories per packet. And a splash of fat-free milk adds just 10 calories per 2-tbsp. pour.

POP-UP SHOCKER! Wanna hear something crazy? A Grande (16 fl.oz.) Iced Peppermint White Chocolate Mocha made with 2% milk and topped with whipped cream has 520 calories, 20g fat, and a PointsPlus™ value of 14*. Anyone else think that's a tad excessive? Skip it, people...

Enjoy your next trip to Starbucks!!

Replies

• Blakemore1229
    Options
    since my first choice has way to many calories I ALWAYS go for the Skinny Caramel Macchiato it is amazing
  • dihardcheer86
    Options
    BUMP :)
  • judy02
    judy02 Posts: 19
    Options
    Your amazing!!! THANKS a bunch!!!
  • jodimitchell
    jodimitchell Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    im going to have to try the Caffe Misto...
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    Options
    Great info! Thanks!
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I have been craving some Starbucks, gonna have to try the cafe misto. thanks
  • missmmaynes
    missmmaynes Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Me too, the cafe misto sounds awesome! I can't wait! I do believe I will be having a coffee date with my husband this weekend! I'm glad to have made you all so happy! Enjoy!
  • _Lisa_
    _Lisa_ Posts: 61
    Options
    My bro works at starbucks and he told me a secret.... if you order and Americano Misto with a flavor shot it tastes the same as a flavored latte but it's cheaper by almost a dollar! ( I am pretty sure it's the same as your Cafe Misto)
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I like that African Vanilla Bean tea... Yummmmyy!!!
  • xitsx0xbrix
    xitsx0xbrix Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    a caffe misto is regular brewed coffee w/ steamed milk on top. an americano is made w/ shots of espresso and hot water, so they'll taste similar, but not exactly the same. personally, if i drink one of those 2 drinks, i prefer a misto, the espresso tastes like burnt coffee to me unless it's in a latte... however i almost always do a skinny caramel macchiato (:
  • dyiaane
    dyiaane Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Good info thanks
  • dyiaane
    dyiaane Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Good info thanks