Favorite low cal drinks?

Options
I'm going on a trip to the mountains with my friends in a few weeks. What is a better choice ...beer,wine,hard liquor? What are your favorite low cal alcholic drinks?

Replies

• Toaster88
    Options
    Gentleman Jack. 65 cals an oz.
  • RoniDoll
    RoniDoll Posts: 262
    Options
    absolute vodka and fizzy water =]
  • achojnacki
    achojnacki Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Depends, most vodka or whiskeys are around 110 cals for a standard 1.5 ounce shot, so mix that with diet soda, club soda, or one of tropicana's 50calorie juices and you have a drink for like 110-170.

Light beer has 64-110 calories depending on the brand. Wine is 90 calories per 5 ounce glass. Be careful with gin and rum because sometimes they have a shocking number of calories.
  • illinibowhunter
    Options
    I usually go with the bud select 55 or mgd 64 if I am wanting to drink beer.

I have also recently discovered no cal margarita mix. Basically you are just drinking the calories of the tequila which isn't too bad
  • alex51026
    Options
    I've heard people talk about Coke Zero and clear rum, I think the rum is about 80 calories/ounce.
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    i'm not a huge vodka fan, but heard the more clear the booze is, the better for you. who knows - maybe an old tale.
    vodka and club soda is a pretty low cal option - you could toss in some cranberry and or limes etc. Or if you splurge $$, grey goose is nice on the rocks.

personally, I'm a fan of Crown Royal on ice. smooth and gets the job done :-) although I do love my beer....probably why I need to lose my gut :-)

have fun
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    Malibu and diet coke!!! 1 ounce of malibu is 51 calories!!!!
  • ScarletFyre
    ScarletFyre Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    My brother's roommate just suggested to me Flavored Seltzer (look for low cal) and gin. Haven't tried it but he says its great!