7-week challenge... any takers?? :)

Options

Replies

• bloodbank
    bloodbank Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I've been super unmotivated lately plus I'm heading on a roadtrip on April 15th & want to buy some new jeans when I get where I'm going... so I'm in!
  • Bethmb
    Bethmb Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Pretty new to the site, never done a challenge, but I want in! :) 10 pounds is exactly what I want to lose at the moment.
  • jitterbug89
    jitterbug89 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    You are all AWESOME!! I'm so glad that we all have goals and are willing to do this! So I'm going to wait until sometime tonight to cut-off signing up for this challenge and then I will hopefully have groups assigned tonight or tomorrow in order to make a friendly little competition, kind of like the biggest loser :) This way it will be easier than trying to keep up with 20+ entries! Let me know if this is a good idea or if you'd rather just do it forum style where we all just post on here our updates?
  • Slamaral
    Options
    honestly, I'm game either way :) though a little friendly competition may get some bodies moving :)
  • megan4465
    Options
    I'm new to the site and I definitely need some motivation .. i am in!!!
  • Eviesmum
    Eviesmum Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I don't mind either although I'd be interested in how everyone who wants in has done.

I would be interested to know how other people are doing their weight loss. Is it just cutting out rubbish food, or a specific diet, exercise etc.
  • dsolgot
    dsolgot Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I wanted to get down 14lbs by my birthday April 28th, I'm already down 6 so 7 more to go. Trying my hardest to stay motivated.
  • hilsidney
    hilsidney Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I would like to do it! I have a similar goal, so yeah, I'm in! :)
  • Toaster88
    Options
    Do the contest, that'll give it some teeth!!
  • sylvia1970
    Options
    Can I join too? Started on Monday and wanna lose 16lbs. I think this is a great idea and a great motivator as you can easily slip into bad habits once the weight starts to come off.
  • ChassityGetsFit
    ChassityGetsFit Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'm in! My husband is in the Army and we're going on leave April 15th to go home and visit our family! I just had a baby so it would be nice to lose about 15lbs so that when I go home I atleast look visibly diffirent and can say I've lost a good amount! :)
  • nannabur4
    Options
    I'm definately in!!!! I just got engaged on the 9th and want to lose 10 before I get our engagement pictures. Can you believe that I still don't have the motivation? What is wrong with my thinkin? Call me there!
  • Boooie
    Boooie Posts: 110
    Options
    Count me in to please i would like to lose 16 lb :)
  • o0sunny0o
    Options
    I'm in.
    Is there a specific way this challenge will be set up? Like, days to weigh-in and stuff? (:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I am in. I am trying to tone up and working the half-marathon training plan. So I plan to run 3 times a week, strength-train twice a week and one day of stretch-like yoga. I also have a plan of mini rewards for every week I stay on track. week 1-makeup, week 2-spa day, week 3-haircut, week 4-facial, week 5-massage, week 6-new bikini. that's all I have so far. The key for me is getting my gym bag packed so I have no excuses not to hit the gym before I can do anything else.
    Nutritionally, I try to stay in my cals for the day but probably should add something like cutting back on alcoholic beverages, no beer, or maybe just more veggies, get enough fiber everyday.
    What is everyone else doing?
  • Slamaral
    Options
    I am in. I am trying to tone up and working the half-marathon training plan. So I plan to run 3 times a week, strength-train twice a week and one day of stretch-like yoga. I also have a plan of mini rewards for every week I stay on track. week 1-makeup, week 2-spa day, week 3-haircut, week 4-facial, week 5-massage, week 6-new bikini. that's all I have so far. The key for me is getting my gym bag packed so I have no excuses not to hit the gym before I can do anything else.
    Nutritionally, I try to stay in my cals for the day but probably should add something like cutting back on alcoholic beverages, no beer, or maybe just more veggies, get enough fiber everyday.
    What is everyone else doing?

right now I'm changing my diet, not going out to eat so often, trying to eat healthier foods, and begin exercising more. I think after I bring my bike to my new place I'll start riding my bike a couple times a week
  • JMun
    JMun Posts: 409
    Options
    Totally in!

April 15th goal.
    Lose 10 lbs. For a total weight loss of 62lbs.
    Would bring me well into the 170's and OUT of the OBESITY BMI.

No longer obese, merely fat! That's my goal.

My diary is set for friends only so if ya'll want to see what I'm eating just add me. (I'm super awesome BTW) :noway:
  • smalltowngirl504
    Options
    I would totally be in for 10 lbs in 7 weeks, we leave for disney may 26th , i am hoping to be down to my half way point by then, 10 lbs may be ambitious but I am willing to try and lose 10 lbs ....
  • Woodman725
    Woodman725 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Feel free to add me. I'm always looking for a little extra motivation.
  • NaENaE35
    Options
    I'm In too. I want to get rid of my Big clothes and start using the clothes I had to put away.