Replies

• erica79
    erica79 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    wow. That really just mad me sad reading it. :(
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Has it ben deleted? It comes up with an error code???.

ETA: Found it now!
  • tater8589
    Options
    Bumping for later, my work computer blocked the site.
  • carrie_lebel
    Options
    Wowzeers. Think about it all trainers ( well most) say 2lbs a week lose is the safest. They should be on a higher calorie load, not 1000-1200 . The sad thing is that these trainers, Jill & bob are famous with books and video and people think they are exercise gods. How is it safe to drop 15 lbs in a week or in 2 weeks? Now to find out they encouraged dehydration. I'm glad this story came out. I always despised the show. And I love Caroline Rhea. Well I just got jillian's master your metabolism in the mail two days ago good to hear she messed up a load of people's metabolism for the money. Now I will shred the book.
  • mogzBH
    mogzBH Posts: 50
    Options
    I've never watched the show before, I can't watch anything on TV that makes me cringe over the horrid embarrassment of such desperate, poor people being exploited for 'good' TV
    But I just cried for Kai, I really hope she gets better and realises very soon she can enjoy food and not have to worry about it, I wish her all the best.
  • susiewusie
    susiewusie Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I oftened wondered how they ever lost such huge amounts of weight ,now we know ,to treat people like that is disgusting :(
  • Lindsay7360
    Options
    bump
  • cindy4mica
    cindy4mica Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    yikes!
  • TLW77
    TLW77 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • jodie_t
    jodie_t Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Yeh that's pretty awful, but I'm not surprised...producers pander to a public seemingly needing more and more extreme "entertainment". I don't know 'bout anyone else but I don't believe half of what I see/hear in the media, and the more 'popular' the programme the less factual its likely to be - cos facts are generally quite boring and require effort to understand, whereas drama is instant excitement. Brave girl for speaking up tho, and let's spread it around, it will help protect her the more people know about it. :flowerforyou:
  • Kirstie_C26
    Kirstie_C26 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    im totally taken aback by that article :o how is it even possible that ppl can be treated in that way
  • angieralkey
    angieralkey Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am honestly lost for words. How horrible. WOW
  • AEROBICVIC
    AEROBICVIC Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Wow! that would explain why Kim Lyons left the show. i often wondered why she stopped training contestants on that show. very interesting!
  • butterfly25
    butterfly25 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    http://www.bodylovewellness.com/2010/06/09/kai-hibbard-biggest-loser-finalist-part-1-of-3/

I AM JUST BLOWN AWAY BY THIS.

It is a 3 part article/and a TAPED interview with Kai, who was in the Third Season Biggest Loser. (I think was the Third). She tells the true story, at the risk of being sued by the BL people, about what REALLY went on.

Just do yourself a favor and READ THIS. Seriously, it has changed my outlook on being frustrated about my own weight loss. Someone else posted this in another area, which I subsequently lost after I went to the site and read it all.

Totally disgusting what TV has come to.

Wow...

i loved this show until now...eric who lives in my home town was on tlc and he talked about how they treated him and how that once he had won and was no longer on the show they wanted nothing to do with him...very poor on there part to treat people this way..
  • in_it_2_win_it
    Options
    WOW!... It's hard to believe.. that's just crazy.. I mean torture crazy.. people need fuel for their body.. people need water.. they need food.. they need to be told they are worth something.. that's just mean
  • sassyg
    sassyg Posts: 393
    Options
    I'm not sure which season number we're on here, but its the one with the twins (brown team)
    Last night I watched, and was horrified to see the red team woman getting chewed out by the trainers for only losing 1lb. Seriously, WTF?
  • hotpickles
    hotpickles Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I don't think anything would turn me off healthy eating and exercise more than what they went through on that show.
  • owengem
    owengem Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I'm surprised or not. It certainly explains how the losses are so big.
    The UK version has much smaller numbers on the scale each week, do we thing its cos the production is less severe?x
  • proverbs31chick
    proverbs31chick Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    OMG, this is sooooo disturbing.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I don't usually watch TV unless some sporting event is on. I've watched maybe 30 minutes of one BL show. Once I got the concept I pretty much lost interest. I know what HS Wrestlers do to eek out a few pounds on weigh in day. I can only imagine what people will do when there's money on the line.

I haven't read the article, but knowing Hollywood being slaved to vanity and money I'm not going to be surprised by what I do read.