thinking of skipping your workout today? DON'T!!!!!

Options
I was cold. and tired, and am on huge deadline, and really the only thing I could cut out of my day was my workout.
but... whenever I am feeling lazy I tell myself
YOU WILL NEVER REGRET DOING YOUR WORKOUT BUT YOU WILL ALWAYS REGRET SKIPPING IT
(which is something I heard on a podcast once)
so I went.... just as I was about to stuff my face with brownies.
and sure enough I had the greatest 2 hours ever.
I shaved off another 30 seconds off my 5km run, and inspired by this i kept on running for a whole other kilometer.
then i did a whole great session of intervals, upping all my weights and intensity.
I got home and am no longer hungry so I had half a can of coconut water for dinner.

best day!!!!

Replies

• eating4balance
    eating4balance Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I am actually heading downstairs now to jump on my stationary bike :smile:
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    But I have 21 stitches in my head can I get a pass? :laugh:
  • EbonyGemstoneHealth
    Options
    My head was spinning today when I woke up and I felt so low,but after one rush of Turbojam,I decided to do another session on top,I think I'm getting addicted to sweating people! LOOOL
  • glamourgurl
    glamourgurl Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    It was supposed to snow last night, but thankfully it didn't. I was able to take a hour walk today. It was good to get out and strech my legs. Just work out, you can relax after, with no guilt. =)
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Wow I love that "YOU WILL NEVER REGRET DOING YOUR WORKOUT BUT YOU WILL ALWAYS REGRET SKIPPING IT "

So so true. I will remember it for next time.

Last night I really didn't want to run - but I did, 8 ks, and felt AMAZING!

I always think "pain (as in the effort involved) is temporary and passes but giving up becomes part of you" I dont want giving up to be part of me - so we go through the pain :)
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    Thanks, the excuses were just starting: i'm tired, its raining, its dark, blah, blah, blah. So it's settled, I'm running after work before class!
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    This ironic that you post this. I was just posting in my personal "My Home" that I normally go to the gym at lunch and it's been one meeting after the next all the way until 2PM and the later it got the more tired and lazier I was feeling. :yawn: and i didnt want to go But I dragged myself up and ran out of the house and went to the gym and I am so happy I did! I feel so much better. I so happy that I completed it!!! :happy:
  • TabbyJustice
    TabbyJustice Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I really needed to hear this. I had such a grueling day and thinking of going home and doing another workout is tough to think about. But you're right. It's that attitude that got me to this point. And I always feel fantastic after a great workout!
  • fitbot
    fitbot Posts: 406
    Options
    haha
    glad you all feel the same.
    I am now more focused and actually feel mucho better than before.
    Back to my deadline!
  • karimiller
    Options
    It's way too easy to make excuses sometimes! I was on vacation last week and the first night on the cruise ship I decided to suck it up and go to the fitness center. I was bummed because it was closed already (it was 10:00 pm by that point) so rather than taking the easy way out and going back to my room, I started running the stairs and the hallways. I was proud of myself for not quitting, and of course I felt better afterwards!
  • Pinoy_Pal
    Pinoy_Pal Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    wow...I'm in the midst of a week off from training, but now I feel like I should do some light workouts before I start up again. Quite the motivating post!

:o]