Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Some help and ideas needed please (TMI?)

Hello all, Though ive been eating lots of fibre and drinking enough water, ive been suffering with stomach aches and irregularity and i was hoping if i could get some help and suggestions please all ideas welcome :-). Thank you

Replies

• zadowd
    zadowd Posts: 44 Member
    Not an expert here just going off what has worked for me in the past. When I was pregnant I had to take a stool softner daily, water and fiber didn;t cut it for me. I hear a lot of people talk about probiotics or maybe Dannon yogurt?
  • my dr actually reccomended probiotics for that. I am taking the digestion plus through arbonne, and I haven't had that problem since. If you want to look it up, check the website under my signature, and it's under fit essentials. I highly reccomend them.
  • Try a glass of prune juice. That should work.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Too much fiber can cause constipation. You can back off some and start taking mira-lax and eating prunes. I had the same problem so this is what I do and it works for me. I know however if I stop taking the mira-lax it will come back even though I've lessened my fiber. *sigh*
  • LonnaRox
    LonnaRox Posts: 38 Member
    Senna. Senna is herbal (but should still be used cautiously) and inexpensive.
  • hop3
    hop3 Posts: 61 Member
    If you start taking more fiber than you normally do, thats not good. you need to ease into adding more or it can cause stomach pains. I seen this on the Dr. Oz Show about a week ago.
  • i take Acai supplement and it helps me not want to eat so much and makes my tummy feel alot better. also yogurt will help (greek is really good)
  • Thanks for your help i'll definatly keep those suggestions to mind :-)
  • sugarbeans
    sugarbeans Posts: 676 Member
    Probiotics and ginger tea always helps me with stomach issues.
  • ObviousIndigo
    ObviousIndigo Posts: 382 Member
    I used to be constipated all the time. I now eat 20 Almonds a day, eat lots of veggies and drink lots of water. Now I have no problems.
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    I always have black licorice around the house! It gets things going without all those OTC fixes.