Some help and ideas needed please (TMI?)

Options
Hello all, Though ive been eating lots of fibre and drinking enough water, ive been suffering with stomach aches and irregularity and i was hoping if i could get some help and suggestions please all ideas welcome :-). Thank you

Replies

• zadowd
    zadowd Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Not an expert here just going off what has worked for me in the past. When I was pregnant I had to take a stool softner daily, water and fiber didn;t cut it for me. I hear a lot of people talk about probiotics or maybe Dannon yogurt?
  • prencesskl
    Options
    my dr actually reccomended probiotics for that. I am taking the digestion plus through arbonne, and I haven't had that problem since. If you want to look it up, check the website under my signature, and it's under fit essentials. I highly reccomend them.
  • stepphanie
    Options
    Try a glass of prune juice. That should work.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Too much fiber can cause constipation. You can back off some and start taking mira-lax and eating prunes. I had the same problem so this is what I do and it works for me. I know however if I stop taking the mira-lax it will come back even though I've lessened my fiber. *sigh*
  • LonnaRox
    LonnaRox Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Senna. Senna is herbal (but should still be used cautiously) and inexpensive.
  • hop3
    hop3 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    If you start taking more fiber than you normally do, thats not good. you need to ease into adding more or it can cause stomach pains. I seen this on the Dr. Oz Show about a week ago.
  • Apike6
    Options
    i take Acai supplement and it helps me not want to eat so much and makes my tummy feel alot better. also yogurt will help (greek is really good)
  • KelliesCupcake
    Options
    Thanks for your help i'll definatly keep those suggestions to mind :-)
  • sugarbeans
    sugarbeans Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Probiotics and ginger tea always helps me with stomach issues.
  • ObviousIndigo
    ObviousIndigo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I used to be constipated all the time. I now eat 20 Almonds a day, eat lots of veggies and drink lots of water. Now I have no problems.
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I always have black licorice around the house! It gets things going without all those OTC fixes.