Forcing myself to eat?

Options
I'm hearing a million different things right now.

I have 15xx calories to use each day. There are many days I don't get up to that level and then I exercise.

I know i need to eat back some of my exercise calories- but I'm really struggling here. If I'm NOT hungry- I should still force myself to eat something right?

Replies

• DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    eat when you're hungry, and focus on clean eating. If it doesn't have a mama or come from the earth, don't eat it. Don't sweat not eating all of the calories. The body will regulate itself and you will eat more on some days than others.
  • Tandksmommy11
    Tandksmommy11 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    eat when you're hungry, and focus on clean eating. If it doesn't have a mama or come from the earth, don't eat it. Don't sweat not eating all of the calories. The body will regulate itself and you will eat more on some days than others.

LOL- I love the "if it doesn't have a mama" idea. Never thought of it that way.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,108 Member
    Options

LOL- I love the "if it doesn't have a mama" idea. Never thought of it that way.

Oh, no. Now I'll never be able to eat an egg again. . . .
  • pooh072572
    Options
    As long as you can get to 1200 calories per day you should be fine, even on days when you exercise. The body will think you are starving if you go under that amount too many days in a row, this will cause it to hold onto the weight you want to lose.
    Don't stress.
  • liscar
    liscar Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    You can try a good post workout protein shake
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I've run into the same problem. I've been trying to eat more at breakfast and lunch when I know I'm going to have a big workout burn, so I don't feel like I have to cram all my calories in at night.
  • snazzycee
    snazzycee Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    yes! I get that way too...but I tried to as least eat the minimum which is 1200 for women even when I exercise.:smile:
  • jennie222
    Options
    wish I had that problem.:bigsmile:
  • ChefJenn
    ChefJenn Posts: 350 Member
    Options

my husband and I just laughed so far with your comment..
    but makes sooo much sense. makes you really stop and think about what we eat.
  • ravenhill26
    Options
    I have notice the same problem especially after my evening workout. I think the reason I'm not as hungry is because I drink a lot of water during my workout. I usually try to eat something especially if I still have a lot o calories remaining towards the end of the night. I guess the main thing is having enough calories so that your body doesn't got into starvation mode. I usally try to eat 5-6 small meals a day but that can become hard to maintain because I have moments where I'm not that hungry during the day. It also makes it difficult to eat that many times a day because I usually end up running out of food choices...ugh:noway: Don't force it but be mindful of the calories you need daily.
  • stepphanie
    Options
    I am having that problem right now. I started changing the way I eat on Monday. Its easy to eat that many when you are eating fast food but when you take the time to eat healthy and write everything down its much harder to come up with enough calories.