Hey guys just found this

Options
http://uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com/diet-fitness/5-things-a-personal-trainer-will-never-tell-you-blog-1-keynoir.html

I am loving the not eating after 6.30pm - might try it to see if it works for 1 week

Replies

• Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Thanks - great article!
  • brookalina
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!!
  • YassSpartan
    YassSpartan Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Honestly the not eating after 6:30pm is ridiculous in my personal opinion. Not eating anything from 6:30pm to let's say 6:30am is 12 hours of starving your body. Muscle recovers during the night while you rest/sleep, and if you don't provide your body with protein during that time they muscle won't have the amino acids to repair the muscle tissue and develop muscle.

At the end everyone has a different opinion.
  • FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    2 minute cold shower???????!!!!!!

I think I'd rather run 3 miles!
  • lotty1987
    lotty1987 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Honestly the not eating after 6:30pm is ridiculous in my personal opinion. Not eating anything from 6:30pm to let's say 6:30am is 12 hours of starving your body. Muscle recovers during the night while you rest/sleep, and if you don't provide your body with protein during that time they muscle won't have the amino acids to repair the muscle tissue and develop muscle.

For one week as an experiment i think its worth trying
  • PokenStick
    Options
    What’s more, Freeland says one of the benefits of outdoor exercise is that your body burns more calories in the cold even when at rest! Dr Dukan, founder of the Dukan dieting method, advises taking a cold shower for 2 minutes every day – just standing there is enough to burn 100 calories!

I hate advice like this and makes me discredit the entire article because they are actually advising people do it.
  • YassSpartan
    Options

For one week as an experiment i think its worth trying

Oh please, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you shouldn't try it, but personally I won't, I've learned in school (massage therapy), with BeachBody, and in different online articles/forums that the best to eat every 3 hours even at night, what people should be aware of is what they eat at night. Like I said, that's just me, and I'd like to know if you do it what results you got :) if you don't mind sharing, of course.
  • YassSpartan
    Options
    Oh please, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you shouldn't try it, but personally I won't, I've learned in school (massage therapy), with BeachBody, and in different online articles/forums that the best to eat every 3 hours even at night, what people should be aware of is what they eat at night. Like I said, that's just me, and I'd like to know if you do it what results you got :) if you don't mind sharing, of course.

ps. and I said the best because it has worked for me, not because it is the best for everybody :wink:
  • Mollywater
    Mollywater Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have read from a lot of different articles that you shouldn't "snack" after say 8 pm. I might try not eating after 7 pm and see what that does. This IS good advice for me, as I have three small children and tend to binge snack after 9 pm and then go to bed. I eat really well all day, but come night time, when the house is finally silent, I eat cookies.
  • DivaDLB
    DivaDLB Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Good article ... I do 60 minutes on the treadmill now because it is too cold for me to go outside. (I am a whimp) But when the weather breaks I am outside everyday except rainy days.