Hiya and thank you!

Options
Hi there! I've been on MFP for about a month or so, logging my food and exercise. I switched over from Weight Watchers because A. it's free here and B. the forums here are way friendlier. So I've been hanging out and lurking and occasionally posting and just really appreciating this place.

Today I set up a membership account for the Runner's World forums because I'm having a funny pain and wanted to be able to search their forums. Oh my goodness. Those people are vicious! There are some nice folks there, but holy wow, it's snarky and mean. Which just makes this place seem so much nicer.

So I'm here, and I'm working the Couch to 5K and counting my calories and all of that. I've lost 15 lbs. so far this year.I'm a 38-year old stay at home mom with 2 pre-teen boys in Florida. And I've decided that 2011 is the year that I'm making things different. Different and better.

So hi!

Replies

• IrishChick71
    IrishChick71 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Hi There!
    I agree. This site is wonderful for support and encouragement. It's great motivator!

Good Luck! :happy:
  • pontprennau
    pontprennau Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    What part of Florida? we visit every few months or so and have found some awesome places to eat, crispers being a firm favourite!!!
  • Nanadena
    Nanadena Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I also chose this site over weight watchers. I understand calories much better than points! Welcome
  • cahira
    cahira Posts: 163
    Options
    @pontprennau - Jacksonville - we have Crisper's here as well - my boys love it!

@Nanadena - the new points formula wasn't serving me very well either - I'm doing much better just counting calories.