Not exercising EVERY day?

Options
2»

Replies

• moonshine_bek
    Options
    I agree that rest days are beneficial.

What I don't agree with is eating below your calories on your rest days. There is no need to eat below. Eat all of them that you are allowed as this allotment is set for you to lose weight without exercise. Don't deprive yourself of food/nutrition.

Thank you for your comment, you are right in what you say :drinker: and I think I may have worded my post wrongly. When I say I keep below, I mean by 50 cals or so, I just don't like to go over :blushing:
  • moonshine_bek
    Options
    I heard a rumor that there is a Taco Bell in the UK..in Essex! I miss Taco Bell but I am not driving to Essex to get it!

OMG! :love:
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    It's healthy to have 1 or 2 rest days a week! Just as long as these rest days don't include Taco Bell or McDonalds, you should be fine! Muscles need time to heal and develop. Keep up the good work!

Sigh! Taco Bell, if only! I like in the UK, we don't have Taco Bell here, but I see some much about it and would love to try it! :laugh:

there is a taco bell at lakeside shopping centre!! saw it on sunday! but no way am i never 50 miles to go and get one! lol
  • Ally_Clare
    Ally_Clare Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else by saying your body needs a rest!
  • moonshine_bek
    Options
    It's healthy to have 1 or 2 rest days a week! Just as long as these rest days don't include Taco Bell or McDonalds, you should be fine! Muscles need time to heal and develop. Keep up the good work!

Sigh! Taco Bell, if only! I like in the UK, we don't have Taco Bell here, but I see some much about it and would love to try it! :laugh:

there is a taco bell at lakeside shopping centre!! saw it on sunday! but no way am i never 50 miles to go and get one! lol

Oh my gosh! I am seriously going to have to make a special trip. At least its so far away it won't be a regular thing!
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    2 days off a week is no problem at all

But on a slightly different topic, you don't have to go crazy worrying about being "under" on your days off, (or even on the days you do workout, becuase even if you ate all, or a tiny bit OVER your calories....you are still under because of the way MFP works.
    So many people get caught up in this.
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    no way. and taking a day or two off during the week to study? awesome. you are listening to what your body needs and thinking about the other things in your life besides losing weight.
  • Jd_jaquez
    Jd_jaquez Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I take two days off a week as well...and as some have stated, my first day back into action I work out the hardest because of the fact that I've given my body a rest... I usually do try and take both days back to back but other weeks it is on separate occasions so don't worry about it.
  • princesshazzoura
    Options
    The daily calorie goals suggested by MFP are calculated based on the assumption that you will not be working out. On the days that you don't have time to exercise, just stay near your calorie goal and you should be fine! Good luck!

Hey everyone, I'm new to MFP (been doing it a few weeks on an app on my phone but first time checking out the msg boards) and I'm a bit confused about the exercise and taking off the calories.

I totally get that if you burn off calories, you're allowed to eat the same number...but are the workouts not already taken into consideration from the info you put in when you sign up, to calculate how many you need each day???

I don't think I'm explaining myself very well...

When I signed up I put in my details that my lifestyle was sedentary but that I would aim to go to the gym 5x a week for 45 minutes...and that gave me a calorie allowance of 1350.
    But when I record each 45 minute session (usually about 500 calories running) I get 500 extra calories to eat...Is this right? Or should I only be recording EXTRA exercise other than what I predicted I would do at the beginning?

Confused :(
  • eellis2000
    eellis2000 Posts: 465 Member
    Options

it tastes great but it's horrible for you and you don't miss what you haven't had...in terms of food anyway....
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    The daily calorie goals suggested by MFP are calculated based on the assumption that you will not be working out. On the days that you don't have time to exercise, just stay near your calorie goal and you should be fine! Good luck!

Hey everyone, I'm new to MFP (been doing it a few weeks on an app on my phone but first time checking out the msg boards) and I'm a bit confused about the exercise and taking off the calories.

I totally get that if you burn off calories, you're allowed to eat the same number...but are the workouts not already taken into consideration from the info you put in when you sign up, to calculate how many you need each day???

I don't think I'm explaining myself very well...

When I signed up I put in my details that my lifestyle was sedentary but that I would aim to go to the gym 5x a week for 45 minutes...and that gave me a calorie allowance of 1350.
    But when I record each 45 minute session (usually about 500 calories running) I get 500 extra calories to eat...Is this right? Or should I only be recording EXTRA exercise other than what I predicted I would do at the beginning?

Confused :(

The part where you aim to workout 5x a week for so many calories is not included into your allowable calories until you actually record that exercise, and that is when you get the extra 500.
    The calorie goal that you see, is taking your sedentary input for your base rate minus the deficit of 1 or 2 pounds per week.
  • princesshazzoura
    Options
    Thanks Rybo! Great to get that confirmation! I have been doing it right! It's working anyway :)