Zumba For Wii

Options
I tried the 20 beginner workout today and am wondering how to tell how many calories I am burning. Anyone have any ideas?

Replies

• reddcat
    reddcat Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I am tagging on yours because I just opened the Zumba box. Waiting to see what answer you get!
  • tessalutz
    Options
    I started Zumba and I don't know how many calories either.
  • Kelleinna
    Options
    I have the same game and did the same workout, and according to my HRM it was 148 calories. That's going to vary depending on your own height and weight and level of fitness, though.

Me, I'm 5'4'', 244 lbs. and have a resting heart rate of 58. :-)
  • tnaconde
    Options
    could try doing a google search for it. thats how i found out how many calories wereburned doing just dance. do you guys like the zumba game?
  • Quitestorm412
    Quitestorm412 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    When I do Zumba I log it under the dance areobic category. It probably is not an accurate reading but I could not figure another way to log.
  • snoland81
    Options
    If I were you I would record it as High impact aerobics! I know you can burn tons of calories doing this because I do this class with a personal trainer and one of our other class members wears a body bug and it says she burned around 700 calories in 45 mins.
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I have a heart rate monitor. It is at least high impact aerobics or jogging! I do anywhere from 400-500 calories per 45 min. on the "classes".
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I'm curious about this too....
  • CandeesLand
    Options
    I have compared what my HRM says to dancing, aerobic, ballet.... its pretty accurate for the # of mins if you really push yourself and I jog in place during the transitions between songs and dont count the cool down song.
  • tourmaline11
    tourmaline11 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I had heard about 500 calories for one class, so I just logged it as 20 of that iand it said I burned about 144 calroies. A HRM might be something to get since everyone is so different.
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Love love love the HRM! Then you can do other things and you mightfind the database is underestimating you personally! eg: shoveling snow, quick walks, stair climbing, and other wii games or DVD workouts.

They are meant for aerobic activity and I have heard they are more questionable with results for stregnth training. It gives me incentive to see how I'm doing, shows "fat burning" and "fitness" levels of intensity as you do it. Mine leaves a graph of workouts and I could sign up for more on the website if I wanted. I got a Polar FT7 half price (new) on e-bay). It gives me confidence to eat back MFP exercise calories because I feel like I know what I burned. Plus I know how long it takes to burn off any overage for the day.