Military wives unite. :)

Options
haha. Not to exclude anyone but I thought it would be fun to have military wives (which ever branch, which ever country)
to get together and unite on our battle to look good and be healthy.

So introduce yourself. Also, feel free to friend me if you need a weight loss buddy. Since we can relate and have fun and all of that stuff.

Replies

• Pandaschaefer
    Options
    Hi there! Thanks for starting this topic....will be fun to get to meet other military wives that all share the same goal...to get healthy and totally rock!
  • downtownstazi
    downtownstazi Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    (totally forgot) My intro:

My name is Stacey. I'm twenty. I have been married to my husband for a year and a half, we've been together for six years. He is in the Air Force and we are in Alaska currently. (brr..it's cold here) I started gaining weight about three years now and it has slowly been adding up so..I figured I'd do something about it. I want to lose about 50 pounds..and just feel completely attractive and be over all healthy.
  • Pandaschaefer
    Options
    On that note, let me introduce myself as well. Hi I'm Anita and I'm 28 years old. I've been married to my husband for nearly 10 years now and though I've always been overweight(was 250 in high school) I've managed to put on at least 169 lbs since then. A couple years ago I managed to lose 100lbs, but I gained that plus more back because I gave up my healthy routines. I realize now that my weight is really holding me back from being the person that I've always wanted to be and I have some serious health risks if I stay as morbidly obese as I am. So here I am...doing my best to change a lifetime of eating habits and trying to create new ones. Good luck to everyone!
  • jmyers1230
    jmyers1230 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    This might sound a little complicated, but if anyone will understand, it's military wives. I got married last month, but I will pretty much always be referring to my husband as fiance until the end of December of this year. He's Air Force and you guys know that it's common for military to be married before having the big wedding. That's what we did. Our wedding will be on our one year anniversary. Only the people we work with know we are married, my parents aren't going to find out until our actual wedding because they would kill me for not having them there (but both of our parents live in Michigan and we live in Florida).

Now that you know that, I guess I should tell you a little bit about me. I'm 22, though I'll be 23 in 2 days so I might as well say I'm 23 already. I graduated college this past May and then moved from Michigan to Florida in the summer. For a couple months I was struggling to find a job so I spent a lot of time just sitting on the couch. During that time, I was also stuck in the mindset that whatever my fiance ate, I should eat just as much and try to eat just as quickly. Enter 15lbs. I also went dress shopping before I had gained all 15 of those pounds so now that my dress is in, it doesn't fit! My goal is to lose all the "relationship weight", fit into my dress, and in the end weigh less than I did when I graduated high school in 2006. That means dropping about 30lbs. I've stopped eating as much as he does and I take my time eating, but I still need to get moving more.
  • KPagels
    KPagels Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi ladies!

My name is Katie and I am going to be 23 in 2 days. :) I have been with my husband for 6 and a half years (high school sweethearts) and dated for 3, married for 3 and a half. My husband is in the Army and we are on our 2nd deployment! We are 6 months into this one and I will see him in 10-ish days for R&R! Yay! Our first deployment was 15 months so this one is flying by!!

I was really really active in high school and when I moved to Georgia I stopped. But, I kept eating like crazy.. So, no big surprise, I gained about 30 pounds in marriage weight. September 1st I started doing this and have lost 20 pounds as of today! Yay! Feel free to add me as a friend, we are all in this together! :D
  • 4Matt
    4Matt Posts: 26
    Options
    HI! I'm 34 & getting married at the end of March to a Coast Guard reservist who is hoping to go active. I've actually lost weight since I met Matt, but want to lose some more before the wedding. I would love to encourage & support other military wives on their journey to a healthier life!
  • RosalieCrain
    Options
    Hello Everyone! Military wife of 19 years! I am 40 years young and a mother of a 19 year old. My hubby is currently in the Air Force stationed here in GA. We recently moved here after living in Germany for 5 years (yes that is a long vacation) I loved it! Apparently I loved the food there too .. hence me putting on about 25 lbs. So that is my goal to lose 25+ lbs. I work full time and I am a group fitness & spin instructor so I know what I need to do. I have just been so busy. Now that I am settled into our new home, I have become reacquainted with the gym again! I decided to join myfitnesspal due to a friend who suggested I be part of a group called "in it to win it body challenge" ... anyway losing weight by yourself is no fun and since I really haven't found any friends that are in the same boat as I am ... it makes it hard to lose weight. So I am using this public forum to hold myself accountable! :flowerforyou: I am looking forward to hearing about everyone elses story!
  • tiffanykeaton
    tiffanykeaton Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies :) My husband is in the Army National Guard and he's currently in Officer Training. I've been at this since January of last year and have lost 40 pounds so far, but I still have another 40 pounds to go to meet my goal weight- which is why I've signed up for myfitnesspal.com!
    I have a 2 year old, beautiful little girl and I'm basically just excited to get a female support group! Seems like my days are full of my daughter and husband and I'm finally getting around to taking care of myself!!
  • traciichris
    Options
    Hi Ladies; New herebut so far have lost 2lbs can't wait to get back in shape and eat right. My 3 beautiful children 16 12 8 and my husband are going to be quite frustrated with me very soon We're fixing to go to clean eating( any food that will last for years because of preservatives shouldn't be in our bodies)
    My husband is currently an Army Reservist. We have been married for a year come this Feb 25 but been together for 6years. He's been home from his latest deployment for a year and I just found out last night that he is going to most likely be going to Afghanistan in about a year. He's asking to be attached to the unit he went to Iraq with last year.Deployment is the toughest thing I've ever had to deal with.Having to deal with children, house and everything else that comes up is tough but as I'm sure all yall do we surive and it makes us stronger women! I'm so glad there are women here that will all know what each other are going through and be able to support each other when we need it most from ones that know what we are going through.
  • hendricks1309
    Options
    Hi! My name is Natasha :) My husband is in the Navy. We have been married for 1.5 years! I am on here to lose 22 pounds and would love the support & motivation of other military wives! Feel free to add me. I'm trying to lose 22 pounds! Hopefully by this summer!
  • MobiusMan
    MobiusMan Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Hey,
    I'm retired Navy 1980-2000. It's nice to see ya'll building a coalition. My wife raised three kids while I deployed for a good portion of those twenty years. I can say from a husband's standpoint that you are our rock. You are the reason we do what we do. I am still best friends with a dude I met 30 years ago on my first Ship and my wife has life long friends from our military time. So....good on you for pulling together and I hope you all meet your goals individually and in your families.
  • hendricks1309
    Options
    Sorry I repeated my self lol about losing 22 pounds.
  • AshAmzing
    Options
    Hi ladies! I'm looking for some other military wives on MFP. I'm currently trying to lose the last 14lbs in my weight loss journey that has gone up and down since the birth of my child in 2008. I feel like I've finally gotten a grasp on the reasons I was gaining weight and why it wasn't coming off. Please feel free to add me :)
  • ashton_leigh464
    Options
    Hi! My name is Ashton. I married my wonderful hubby, Isaac, last October. He is in the Army, and we are at Ft. Sill for his AIT. A couple of summers ago I was at my highest weight at 160lbs and dropped to 140lbs doing weight watchers. My husband and I would really like to see me get into the 120s but right now I'd be happy to be back at 130. But I've hit 140 and haven't been able to break it. I've occasionally gotten down to 138 but I can't seem to stay there. I always bounce back up to 140-145. And I also want to start working out regularly. I love meeting other military wives so feel free to add me!
  • bethb09
    Options
    Hi! My name is Beth and I've been an Army wife for a little over 2 yrs (we dated for 2 yrs before we got married, so military significant other for 4 yrs now). He's currently deployed, and we're stationed in Germany. My weight has fluctuated quite a bit since high school mostly because of how much I eat and how much I don't exercise. After having my son, I lost all my pregnancy weight and then some. Then my husband deployed and I hit the comfort foods hard core. I went back to the States for a few months for R&R and all of the end of the year holidays, and with the abundance of fast food choices (which I don't have here) and all the holiday treats, my waistline grew to the point many of my clothes no longer fit. I'd like to lose 15-20 lbs. I have 2 1/2-3 months left in the deployment and I know I probably won't be able to shed it all before my hubby comes home, but I'd like to make a dent in it.
  • Nlbrooks76
    Nlbrooks76 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm Nicole I'm 34. I ahve been an army wife for 2 years and beenw ith my husband for 13 years. I am trying to lose about 100 pounds. Always looking for support and motivation. My husband is doing his first deplyment and I am hoping for him to come home to a different wife. Feell free to add me!
  • CoastieGMWife
    Options
    Hooray for other military wives! My hubby is in the Coast Guard and all the crazy moving has definatly contributed to my weight gain. I'm currently trying ot work up the nerve to venture into the gym on base. lol!
  • beastlye
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Elyse, and I've been married to my husband (in the Army) for 3 years now. I wasn't raised around any military families, so this lifestyle took some getting used to! I'm proud of all of you ladies and hope we can encourage one another on our fitness journeys :).
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    PlumCrazyGirl Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    I agree - hooray for military wives -- just ask you include military husbands. There are men who WIVES are in the military.

Oh, by the way, I'm military and have a military spouse.
  • IrishChick71
    IrishChick71 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Hooray for other military wives! My hubby is in the Coast Guard and all the crazy moving has definatly contributed to my weight gain. I'm currently trying ot work up the nerve to venture into the gym on base. lol!

Oh so do it! The base's gym was my haven at night.

Oh sorry, I'm not really a military wife now but I was one for 15 years and I know the trials. We did 2 different tours in AK and my oldest son was born there.