46 years old, want to lose 15 lbs and run a 5K. Would like a

Options
:smile: Hello, my name is Kim. I am a young hearted Nahnee (Gma). I was thin most of my life... and as I have approached the middle of the road, my eating habits have caught up with me. Severe obesity runs in my family I just inherited the other gene so I do understand the struggle-I really do. I have smoked on and off for about 15 years.. Right now I am off :) - off for good. I am active and am training to do a 5k with my daughter in April. I am running about 3 times a week. I can do 2 miles if I can beat down my mental "this is too hard" thoughts. I have been doing yoga on and off for about 15 years take classes 2-3 times a week.

My problem is that I snack.. snack.. snack continually and I am still learning to read a food label. I am a huge veggie and fruit eater. I am thinking of becoming a "flexitarian".. no beef or pork normally. My weakness is breads, anything white (tators, bread, pasta, ) basically carbs. I do not drink enough water. I have the Iphone and this is one of my apps.. to track what I eat.. to force myself to pay attention!

I am a positive person, motivating and happy most of the time. If you need a friend and my story does not make you cringe I would love to connect with someone. I need a friend too!

YOU CAN DO IT, I CAN DO IT. :) Smiles to everyone on their journey

Replies

• momtozmc
    momtozmc Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Hello other 46er... well, I'll be 47 next week - YIKES!!!!... but hey... you are running farther than I can, if that makes you feel better. My knees and hips hurt if I run longer than like a mile... so I just walk really really fast... friend me and we can motivate each other!!!!!

L.
  • TedTorres
    TedTorres Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're on the right track. You know your weaknesses and what it will take to achieve your goals. Just get out there and do it.
  • trecha
    trecha Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    hello, I am also trying to run my first 5k, and I am a lover of bread too, it takes alot of willpower to increase the fruits and veggies for snacking. Can friend me for motivation.