Options

Replies

• DancingPixie
    DancingPixie Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    By my bed. x
  • ChristineMiller2
    Options
    its in the laundry room, I pass by it daily lol I don't weigh myself vey often maybe once every couple of weeks! I'll be anxious to check out the scale after two weeks of REALLY monitoring what I eat and sticking with a calorie defecit!
  • Arester
    Arester Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Mine is currently on top of my dryer in my bathroom. I have an amazingly small apartment, hence the laundry/bathroom. :happy:

I also weigh every Friday and sans clothes. :wink:
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Mine is at the gym. I actually do not have one at home.
  • junewonder
    Options
    I keep mine at my parents' house! haha...just kidding. I don't own one. But my parents have a great old medical scale that I go use once a week.
  • Jenni268
    Jenni268 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I don't know!!! My husband stole my scale! He took it and hid because he said I was too obsessed with the numbers!

And he's right. I would hop on that thing 4-5 times a day and just get depressed. It was counter-productive for me. I keep trying to remember that I'm aiming to get "healthy" and not "skinny."

He lovingly told me that he would get it out for me every few weeks and then put it back into hiding! :)
  • Maurey
    Maurey Posts: 44
    Options
    mine is in the master bathroom, and i weigh in every saturday.
  • TiffanyW1014
    TiffanyW1014 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    :laugh: I had to remove mine from my house lol. So currently my scale is at my local nutrition center.
  • Trovan
    Trovan Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of like you, most of the time. I'm kind of on a life-long journey, and don't really weigh myself every day. I do weigh about once a week, on my Wii Fit. It's the only scale we own.
    I use my Wii Fit scale too but I hate to see my Mii look sad. :sad:

Ditto. And the squeal of pain it makes when I step on the board.
  • cindy4mica
    cindy4mica Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    master bath so i can weigh myself first thing in the morning right before i get in the shower.
  • mistawalka
    mistawalka Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    My scale is under a table in our family room. Close at hand for weighing in each week right before working out, but out of the way for daily room use.

same here
  • gebnpb
    gebnpb Posts: 166
    Options
    I keep mine in the masterbath I have a bad habit of weighing myself every morning. But if I like what I see it motivates me to loose more and if I don't like what I see then I make sure I work extra hard at it that day. I like the idea of it by ur fridge I just don't have room by mine. Plus I like to weigh myself naked and I have 2 kids so I would hate for them to walk out in the kitchen and find me out ther naked they may never eat again though :laugh: that could help keep them skinny!!lol
  • sara_xo
    sara_xo Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I have two.

Lol I know, total addict..

One's in the kitchen at the entrance so I remind myself, and one's in the Hall outside my bathroom. lol
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Mine is in the office/spare bedroom
  • rgfor40
    rgfor40 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    i only use the one at teh gym from time to time... i mostly use my clothes to guage.
    i'm lifting heavy (Dorian Yates' Blood and Gutts work out) i'm down about 3 inches in my waist but i see the difference in muscle gains. A scale would on;y screw with my head.
  • GiniN
    GiniN Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    My scale is packed away. I've resolved to weigh just once a week at the gym.

Previously, I got into some weird behaviors with the scale...weighing several times a day, weighing before and after going to the bathroom (!), weighing with and without clothes and comparing the difference, etc. Seemed like this wasn't a healthy behavior, and I would get discouraged if my efforts did not immediately pay off with a decrease on the scale.

After a lot of self-talk, I have come to accept that if I do everything that I know is effective, I will lose weight. Small day-to-day fluctuations are meaningless, and more likely due to factors other than my behaviors...water retention, hormones, etc. I haven't missed the scale, and now I don't focus so much on my sacrifices and the "reward" of weight loss. At my weight (100+ lbs to lose), I notice that I feel better and can engage in more activity even though I have only been dieting and exercising only 2 weeks. That's more motivating than any number on a scale.

I did weigh in yesterday, as I needed a baseline at the start of my food journaling. It showed I had lost 8 lbs over the last 2 weeks, but I know that is the usually higher initial weight loss and I don't expect it to continue. The scale is a poor measure of progress in my view, so once a week is plenty,
  • Sumo813
    Sumo813 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I keep mine in the laundry room. It's the only place that has enough uncarpeted floor to make sure it's accurate. But first thing I do in the morning is make sure I pee (sorry if that's TMI lol), and then stumble out to the scale. There isn't a day I dont step on it. And I'm so anal about it that sometimes I step on it 2 or 3 times a day, as if there is going to be a major swing in weight.
  • LovelySnugs
    Options
    mine is right there in front of my refrigerator, making me feel bad for everything i take out.
  • purple1butterfly
    purple1butterfly Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    mine is right there in front of my refrigerator, making me feel bad for everything i take out.

Mine has to be hidden as i have 4 children & i don't want them to become obsessed with jumping on the scale. Mine is hidden behind the washing basket in the bathroom.
  • missduffbug
    Options
    I dont have scales at home - I go into town and weigh myself in boots as it gives you BMI and Body Fat percentage also.
    It means that I am not tempted to step on them everyday - it could become obsessive if I had them here.
    It also means I look forward to going to town every week because I cant waitt o read the little print out that I get.
    I go with my mum and sister and we always wait until we have all weighed ourselves before looking - then we all get excited together or give words of encouragement if someone hasnt lost as much as they liked :0)