Lossing weight but not fat.

LMPRF97
LMPRF97 Posts: 97
edited September 24 in Health and Weight Loss
Im losing weightt but now fat why is this? Is anyone else like this?

Replies

• Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Then what are you losing?
  • mlaugh
    mlaugh Posts: 30
    take measrements
  • Shaye85
    Shaye85 Posts: 107
    when i lost 60lbs my fat % was 49% i couldnt believe it, i joined a gym after that....
  • mlaugh
    mlaugh Posts: 30
    protein?
  • What are you doing to determine fat loss? If your looking in the mirror, that's not a good indicator. If your not exercising, you may want to start so you can build some muscle.
  • Levedi
    Levedi Posts: 290 Member
    Honey, you've lost 3 lbs - it's way too soon to say you aren't losing fat. You probably are losing fat, but you haven't lost enough weight in a specific area to see a change. Remember that when the fat goes away it won't disappear in one specific area. It will gradually go down all over where you have fat stored on your body. Also, are you just dieting or also exercising? If your body is soft from lack of exercise try doing some toning exercises. You'll see the results better because your posture will improve, along with the fit of your clothes even before you get to your goal weight. Finally, you're fairly light to begin with, so be sure that you tone and eat well so that you make yourself healthier, not just lighter. If you're healthy the number on the scale is largely irrelevant.
This discussion has been closed.