30 Day Shred Challenge - Week 3 - September 15 to 21

Options

Replies

• AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    I am so happy some of you are double shredding with me tomorrow!!!! :drinker: :drinker: You can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will be doing levels 2 and 3 because I already did a week of 1 and 2 and another week of 1 and 3. But you can do whichever combo you'd like. If you feel like you are dying :laugh: remember that you can modify the movements and even pause the tape and rest for a few seconds...I really don't do that but I do switch back and forth from Natalee to Anita. I can't wait to hear from you tomorrow. And yes, if you double shred tomorrow, please rest on Thursday, at least from shredding. I workout 6-7 days a week but do the shred every other day only. I did circuit/interval on my stationary bike and treadmill today. Have a great day!!! :flowerforyou:

Alf - you are amazing! You are my inspiration! What's going to be left of you if you keep losing weight though!?
    :wink:
  • AJCM
    Options
    is anyone else knees hurting them? I had a previous minor injury when I use to lift weights and was in shape (yeah - 8 years ago) and are only bothered when I try to do leg lifts - seems my potential is more than the old knees can handel.
    Going back to my origional sentence previous to babbling... every since L2 my knees are taking a beating. I took Fri - Sat and Sun off :sick: and an advil before working out tonight, helped.

What else can I do to help with the pressure on the knees? Doing the low impact portion...:blushing:

Will do stats tomorrow

Toby and everyone having knee troubles - sorry to hear this! Tile floors are killer (as are cement, etc).... hardwood or carpeting would be better if you can.

Also, I often forget this myself, but if you are a daily runner / exerciser, you need to replace your shoes every 3 months or so - there is some formula of miles that the running room recommends, and I worked it out to be about every 3 or 4 months for me. They start to lose their sponginess/ shock absorption (not to mention their support - but that occurs much later on).

I know it sounds like a lot of shoes, but I rotate them so that newest are for indoor workouts, then the next pair for outdoor running, then the next pair for kicking around, and the rest go to Good Will. Just an idea!
    :flowerforyou:
  • emibmas
    emibmas Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I totally forgot to weigh in this morning. duh.:embarassed:
    I will take measurements and weigh in tomorrow am!

Will double shred tomorrow too.....Oh boy.:ohwell:

I am happy that I am shredding, and when I do an hour on the treadmill, I feel good, but I feel so much better after 20 mins with Jillian! Keep it up ladies, you are awesome!
  • AJCM
    Options
    I totally forgot to weigh in this morning. duh.:embarassed:
    I will take measurements and weigh in tomorrow am!

Will double shred tomorrow too.....Oh boy.:ohwell:

I am happy that I am shredding, and when I do an hour on the treadmill, I feel good, but I feel so much better after 20 mins with Jillian! Keep it up ladies, you are awesome!

You can do it!!! Doubles are killer - but I DRIP with sweat!!! You are doing so great with the Shred!!! (isn't it true that a 20 minute shred seems more productive than an hour long run!?!?!?!?)

Have a good day!
  • mamakitty
    Options
    I have been doing shred 4-5 times a week along with my regular exercise routine and I think it is really helping. I did level 3 tonight and it was a killer. I have also been doing Jillian's kickboxing dvd. I like that one too. I can feel it working in my abs and arms a lot.
    Keep shreding everyone!
  • Sexythighz
    Sexythighz Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I am not a part of the challenge however have been doing SHred as a bonus workout during the week. I did Shred level 1 on Sunday and also this evening. I would love to join yall for Shred 2-3 on Wednesday.

Steph:wink:

Welcome Steph! I was thinking of starting P90X with my hubby - didn't you do that one?

Thanks for the welcome! Im currently doing P 90Master Series. It was made after P90X. Its really good. Not as intense as the X but definately gets the job done! I am still thinking about trying the X not sure yet. My Hubby is doing the workouts with me and we shall see what happens after the 90 days are up! See ya for Shred tomorrow.:glasses:

Steph
  • alisha123
    Options
    I have no stats to share as my weight did not change. I didn't shred 3 days this last week (Fri, Sat, or Sun-theres just something about the weekends that make me feel lazy :ohwell: ) , but I am going to join you all who are shredding 2x on Wednesday. That'll at least make me feel a little better for missing 3 days. Good luck! and I want to hear how everyone felt after shredding 2 times in a row! I know some of you have already done it and that's amazing, I hope I can keep up!
  • emibmas
    Options
    OK....So, this week, I have lost 1 lb and 1 inch off my hips. Better than nothing, I guess.:ohwell:

Keep it up!:flowerforyou:
    Here's to a double day!:drinker:
  • AJCM
    Options
    OK....So, this week, I have lost 1 lb and 1 inch off my hips. Better than nothing, I guess.:ohwell:

Keep it up!:flowerforyou:
    Here's to a double day!:drinker:

Better than nothing?!?!?!?!?!

That is GREAT!!!!!!
    Good work! I would be thrilled with a lost inch and pound!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Good morning!!!!! How is everyone?? How are the double shredders??? I did levels 2 and 3 this morning again!!! It feels great. I listened to my Ipod while doing it. So while Jillian is running her mouth I am dancing around the room :laugh: :laugh: :flowerforyou: Oh Amanda, thank you for the compliments!! You are so sweet!! :flowerforyou:
  • AJCM
    Options
    Good morning!!!!! How is everyone?? How are the double shredders??? I did levels 2 and 3 this morning again!!! It feels great. I listened to my Ipod while doing it. So while Jillian is running her mouth I am dancing around the room :laugh: :laugh: :flowerforyou: Oh Amanda, thank you for the compliments!! You are so sweet!! :flowerforyou:

Hahaha! Yeah, I had to turn the iPod on a few sessions in - she gets a little annoying after all "If I 300 lb people can do jumping jacks, so can you..." - ugh...
    :tongue:
  • allisgood
    allisgood Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I hate to admit it but I didn't double shred....I wasn't willing to get up before 5 am.....sorry folks.....however, I wil shred tomorrow....i took my meaurements today...i was so surprised that I actually went up on some....i am hoping i mismeasured at some point because my clothes are fitting better and my husband and kids have noticed a difference. Hope to report some positive news soon but overall, I am satisfied with the amount of output I have noticed for the amount of input!
  • alisha123
    Options
    Anyone else double shred, how did it go? I gotta say I felt like I was going to die :tongue: How do you guys do it? I have only done level 1 up till today... I did 1 then right into level 2. I am so proud of myself for finishing it. I was sweating bullets! I hope level 2 gets easier, which I'm sure it will just like level 1 did. And I'll see how my wrist feels tomorrow cause there was a lot more ground work in L2. I did all those exercises on my fists so my wrist didn't bend and so far so good.
  • AJCM
    Options
    Anyone else double shred, how did it go? I gotta say I felt like I was going to die :tongue: How do you guys do it? I have only done level 1 up till today... I did 1 then right into level 2. I am so proud of myself for finishing it. I was sweating bullets! I hope level 2 gets easier, which I'm sure it will just like level 1 did. And I'll see how my wrist feels tomorrow cause there was a lot more ground work in L2. I did all those exercises on my fists so my wrist didn't bend and so far so good.

Awesome work!!! I often have to skip parts (such as the push ups) and I just sub in some more abs or cardio, if I'm doing a double, or following up a run - but as long as my heart rate stays up, all is well!

Keep up the amazing work!
  • emibmas
    Options
    I just finished double duty. I survived. I modify what I cannot do on L2, but mostly I can follow Natalie, so I was proud of myself. I think making sure I have proper form is the biggest hurdle for me, I want to do it RIGHT.

GREAT JOB EVERYONE!:flowerforyou: You ladies ROCK!:heart:
  • Toby
    Toby Posts: 17
    Options
    Hello not excercising like i should - Best friend is having a baby, so I have been at the hospital supporting her. Here are my measurements

Start 146
    Belly 37
    Bum 42.5

Week 1 - 147
    Belly 36.5
    Bum 42

Week 2 -146.5
    Belly 35.9
    Bum 42 (will i ever loose this bum?)

In a wedding on 10/18 - I want to loose much more to look sexy in my bridesmaid dress - eating good so need to work out more!
  • MPenner
    Options
    Is it too late to join? I'm totally bummed about not being able to afford a treadmill this winter, so I'm tempted to try this. Going to check out Walmart tomorrow.
  • momandwife
    momandwife Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join? I'm totally bummed about not being able to afford a treadmill this winter, so I'm tempted to try this. Going to check out Walmart tomorrow.

Never too late - welcome aboard!!! There has been a few people talking about doing this again during the month of October too!! Jillian is a killer ..... but, oh so worth it!!! Hope you find it tomorrow!! :flowerforyou:
  • Sexythighz
    Sexythighz Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Ok so I was so beat this evening! I so wanted to just lay in my bed. I had to push myself with the helpof Hubby to get the job done. We did Shred 2 and only circuit 1 of Level 3. We decided not to push our luck. We were both tired and had the look of like what the heck are we doing. Im just so glad I had him to push me. HAPPY I DID IT!!!!!!:bigsmile:

Steph
  • Joselem
    Options
    End of Week 2 Check In: So far so good.... trying hard to shred and powerwalk each day off...

Weight Loss Goal: 5-8 lbs / 1-2 lbs per week

Weight Lost This Week: 0.5 lb (too much sodium)

Starting Bust: 50 Waist: 43.5 hips 47
    End of week 1: 49 -43 - hips 46
    End of week 2: 48-41 -45.5 total inches lost 4 total pounds 4.5
    End of week 3:
    End of week 4: