The alphabet

So my co-worker told me about this exercise she saw on Oprah or something. Basically, you spell out the alphabet a letter at a time. For example. For the letter A, you would stand straight, then entend your arms and go all the way down to the floor on the right hand side (keeping legs straight), come up, then down to the other side, then across. This is supposed to help with your core and is good for stretching. It is hard to explain, but easy to do.. I actually could feel it the next day! If you have any questions, let me know!

Have fun!

Replies

• kimford28
    kimford28 Posts: 320
    So my co-worker told me about this exercise she saw on Oprah or something. Basically, you spell out the alphabet a letter at a time. For example. For the letter A, you would stand straight, then entend your arms and go all the way down to the floor on the right hand side (keeping legs straight), come up, then down to the other side, then across. This is supposed to help with your core and is good for stretching. It is hard to explain, but easy to do.. I actually could feel it the next day! If you have any questions, let me know!

Have fun!
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Hmm, I bet that is on OPRAH.com!
    it sounds great!
    :bigsmile:
    --Diann...
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Neat, I can picture some very intersting stretch positions as you move through the alphabet, I'll try, just to see.....hope I don't get stuck on one of the letter.s...".Pls., someone help me I'm stuck in W " LOL

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    I get it!
    You "write" the alphabets with your arms while your legs stay put.
    I'll try that.... sounds fun.
    I'll have the girls join in.

Thanks Kimbo!

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • GinaB30
    GinaB30 Posts: 725 Member
    To add to this, I used to do the one where you lay flat on your back and your leg is straight up and you *write* the alphabet out with your leg in the air, bending and arching the leg as you go, it really helped my abs now that I think about it...lol might have to start that again!
  • filergirl
    filergirl Posts: 240
    Thank god Oprah uses her vast influence for (mostly?) good things . . .

For some reason I now have this image of her crashing through a wall like that Kool-Aid guy:

OH YEAH!

And that becoming the normal way to enter a room.
  • GinaB30
    GinaB30 Posts: 725 Member
    LOL Thank heavens I don't listen to everything Oprah says! =oP
    You know, when she has people on showing *affordable* $500 jeans =oP
  • kasuki
    kasuki Posts: 74 Member
    The alphabet exercise was on Live with Regis and Kelly. You can also add a weighted ball in your arms for more of a work out. I can tell you I tried this the same day I saw the show and man did my muscles feel it the next day. It is a good way to workout at home
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Thank god Oprah uses her vast influence for (mostly?) good things . . .

For some reason I now have this image of her crashing through a wall like that Kool-Aid guy:

OH YEAH!

And that becoming the normal way to enter a room.

LMAO, she is the kool aid man, you never see them in the same place at the same time! ha ha

and yes, thank god Oprah usually uses her powers for good because there are a lot of people out there that just follow Oprah blindly, like Jim Jones, hopefully someday she doesn't ask everyone to drink the "special" kool aid!!!