Ads that make you say...whaaaaat?

Options
jennyfair24
jennyfair24 Posts: 273 Member
Sometimes these banner ads make me scratch my head :laugh: LOL. Todays ad of choice..."The New Sonoma Diet" - Pour Yourself Skinny, Drink wine, Lose Weight. "

What are some of the ads that you see here or around the web that make you just say whaaaaaat?

Replies

• KristenAnn711
    Options
    I haven't really noticed them until now. I'll keep my eye out.
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I must have different settings on my computer because I have NEVER seen any ads on MFP. Are they pop ups are in the margins somewhere?
  • Frappuzzino
    Frappuzzino Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I must have different settings on my computer because I have NEVER seen any ads on MFP. Are they pop ups are in the margins somewhere?

You must have some kind of ad blocker. They're at the top and right sides of the page.
  • liscar
    liscar Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    the HCG ones --- here we are trying to do it the healthy way and that add is always up
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    there was on for "Groupon" for several weeks that featured a big blue cupcake. Now THAT was disturbing.
  • carrieliz81
    carrieliz81 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    The Sonoma Diet one definitely had me wondering.... Pour yourself skinny.... MAN! If I knew all I had to do was increase the amount of pouring I do each day........
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    The "Size Zero Patch" with the very obviously photoshopped model. If someone really had a torso that narrow and boobs that big, her spine would snap!
  • whittrusty
    whittrusty Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Pizza Hut. Really???
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Ihop . . . .Strawberry and whipped cream pancakes. Though, at this moment I have one that says I should never eat a banana.
  • strandedeyes
    strandedeyes Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Sometimes these banner ads make me scratch my head :laugh: LOL. Todays ad of choice..."The New Sonoma Diet" - Pour Yourself Skinny, Drink wine, Lose Weight. "

What are some of the ads that you see here or around the web that make you just say whaaaaaat?

hahaha I just saw that too....

The other one I see is for groupon or living social deals for beautiful CUPCAKES...its a big tease!
  • LarryPGH
    LarryPGH Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    The "Size Zero Patch" with the very obviously photoshopped model. If someone really had a torso that narrow and boobs that big, her spine would snap!

was that the one where she was standing square to the camera in the "before" shot, and at a 45-degree angle to it in the "after" shot? I was thinking (a few things) looking at that ad, but one was "cmon, now -- an elephant would look skinnier, if you changed the angle that you looked at it!"
  • strandedeyes
    strandedeyes Posts: 392 Member
    Options

You in theory should see them as they are ads by google set up by the website itself....They are located on top or on the right margin....

don't worry though, you aren't missing much :)
  • rherrin5
    rherrin5 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    hheehe I noticed that the other day. Along with strawberry and whip pancakes! It is weird they would have those types of add for a healthy websight... Maybe they are just testing/tempting us hehehe :0)
  • corsayre8
    corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I was reading the thread which a former contestsnt exposed the tactics on the Biggest Loser. Right next to all the comments about how unethical and unhealthy the show was, was a big ad for the show.

Made me laugh.
  • Hoffmandm
    Options
    Can you drink wine and lose weight? 8-P
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    any ad that says lose weight without exercise or diet
  • Jaccilatt5
    Jaccilatt5 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I hate the 5 foods you should never eat one!!! Since when are bananas bad? They are GREAT for pre or post workout snacks! Hello.....anyone remember potassium>??? p.s. I love the sonoma diet one....drink wine and lose weight? where can I sign up? lol
  • maaalloryy
    Options
    I have one right now for "zero effort nutrition" & I always see the one about the banana! But we're smarter than those ad people so we know that banana's are good for you!
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Options
    I see the advertisements for melatonin and sound sleep and insurance...I think it's trying to tell me something. *grabs tinfoil to fashion a hat to prevent incoming signals*
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    *sigh* I never get the good ads just the weight loss surgery ones