Logging weird measurements...

Options
Like a bite. I know that's silly but last night I only had a bite of stuffed chicken and several bites of salad and several bites of pasta.
Should I even count it??

And what about slivers? Like I went to an Italian restaurant and they had antipasto with olives, different meats, cheeses. I had two medallions of mozzarella, two slivers of prosciutto crudo and some other sort of ham. Three small pieces of bruccetta(?) and olive oil vinegar and herb dip.

How on earth do I log things like that? Do I not log it? Or is logging things this minute just being ridiculous?

Thanks in advance. I want to log everything I eat and not cheat myself.

Replies

• Jbonar
    Jbonar Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I would at least try to estimate some calories for those. I call them BLT's (bites, licks, and tastes). Over the course of a day, they can add up.
  • dlj1970
    dlj1970 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    yeh, you can use the 'quick add' calorie option. they do add up.
  • khk2010
    khk2010 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    That is a tough one for me too. I also tend to take a bite here and there. Sometimes such a small amount is hard to measure so I will make my best guess and enter as quick calories.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,238 Member
    Options
    Those things you mention probably added together have a lot more calories than you might imagine. I would suggest logging them, but I don't have suggestions on how. I know when I go to Costco and try the samples I estimate what I think they all added up to and quick enter the calories. When I am really not sure I guess and add 50 calories to it and quick add the the calories.
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I'd track them, as best as you can, and then would use the "hassle" of tracking them to avoid the sampling, I don't eat anything that I don't log, though my water is a free for all, I adjust water as my body needs it, it's getting good at telling me... Or I'm just getting better at listening to it and realizing that hey that's THIRST not hunger...