Where to get body fat % measured?

Options
Where should I go to get my body fat index done accurately? My WW scale gives a value of 19.6% but I'd like to find out what it really is and then I can use that to get an idea of how accurate my scale is and to readjust my weight goals. Is immersion the best method and how much should I expect to pay? I'd prefer to go somewhere that won't bombard me with a sales pitch to join their program but I can fend it off if I need to.

Replies

• BunnyDVP
    BunnyDVP Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    My doctor's office weighs me and calculates my BMI. You might be able to get that done without making an appointment to see the doctor.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    You might want to contact the Y in your area...I had an underwater weight test for a reasonable price when I started out...The current considered-accurate is something called a "bod pod". If you google it, I think their website has a locator feature.

HTH.
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    bump
  • peteyTwang
    Options
    I can't find the manual for my WW scale (WW70WC) that measures it -- even online...
    in the meantime if you don't mind using a tape measure there are three tools here:
    http://www.fat2fitradio.com
    for Military Body Fat Calculation, Covert Bailey and Custom Body Fat Calculation at the top right corner ...under "TOOLS"
    http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/
  • MomOfMikeAndLiam
    Options
    You anywhere near a military base, and do you have a friend that can get you on base? Both the bases I've been on have had a healthy center, (not the gym, but the building they do physical therapy and health assessments in) equiped with a BodPod. It is an amazing contraption. You enter in your age, height, and gender, strip down to your undergarments, and stand on the scale. Then, you climb inside, close the door, and let it do it's calculations. Then you recieve a read-out which tells you how much of your weight is lean weight, and how much of your weight is fat.
  • kmeekhof
    kmeekhof Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Where should I go to get my body fat index done accurately? My WW scale gives a value of 19.6% but I'd like to find out what it really is and then I can use that to get an idea of how accurate my scale is and to readjust my weight goals. Is immersion the best method and how much should I expect to pay? I'd prefer to go somewhere that won't bombard me with a sales pitch to join their program but I can fend it off if I need to.

Not really sure where to get it done, but the bod pod and under water weighing are the "gold" standards.