What's your biggest secret dieting tip

Options
Hey

I am still fresh to this community and due I have dieted last year and managed to loose 23kgs I now I lie in a situation where i would like to continue my diet as to loose the last kilos and do not have the desired motivation.

Thus, I would like few tips as to encourage me go the down the last mile.

Any Help

Thanks
Roddy

Replies

• BryanAir
    BryanAir Posts: 434
    Options
    What helped me the most is getting a food scale and weighing everything. It helped me understand what some serving sizes really are.
  • K3LLYSU3
    K3LLYSU3 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    logging in every ounce of food you eat really makes you realize how much we over eat or over ate!!
  • Dreamerlove
    Dreamerlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    RUNNING! I see changes in my body dramatically when I run about 4 times a week and stay at around 1200-1300
  • kelsully
    kelsully Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Try to savor your food. When I have enjoyed my choices throughout the day I don't get the munchies. If 8 rush through a meal or eat foods I actually dislike I want to eat all day trying to get satisfied. It helps that I enjoy almonds and raisins and fruit and veggies etc...especially when I slow down and taste what I am eating...

Don't leave the almonds near the kuerig (which I visit frequently) as it is too easy to just grab a few
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    Keeping my sodium at 1500mg (give or take 100mg) and drinking my water.
  • dieseljay74
    Options
    Excellent suggestion about the food scale. Also, when you first start out, you will see some quick results. Eventually though, everyone hits some sort of plateau. I just did myself. So I went with the same amount of calories but went low carb at the same time. More protein and fiber etc.. It resulted in 3 pounds in about a week and a half. I use it when I hit my stall periods which seems to be every other week since I only have about 10 more pounds to lose.
    Works great. Also calrie zig-zagging works well too. That is when you eat varying amounts throughout the week. Say Monday you eat 1200 calories....Tuesday maybe 1500...Wdnesday 1300 and so on. many people have had much success with little tweaks like these.
    Good luck!
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    The secret is there is no secret. Keep to tried and true principles. Eat right and exercise right and you will get results, period. Stay away from any gimmicks. Use your intuition. Keep your mind's eye on your final goal and stay disciplined.
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    Real food! It's so much more satisfying than the processed stuff. And eating intuitively, like really being in touch with your body to know when you are hungry and full.
  • campi_mama
    campi_mama Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Something that helps me is a motivational item of clothing...a pair of jeans that I can ALMOST wear comfortably, a cute top that's just a little too snug (you get the idea). Another thing I've done is set up a reward when I hit a certain weight. For example, I am not getting a pedicure till I hit my 20 lb mark. Facials are also good rewards, getting a nice haircut, massage, buying a new pair of shoes or purse. Find the "thing" that will motivate you most. Good luck!
  • portlandsundevil
    portlandsundevil Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Realize that this isn't a diet, it's a life change. That way if you have a craving or a cheat meal, you get right back on track because you know this is your life now and it's not going to de-rail all your efforts.

The 'secret' is to keep track of your food intake, drink lots of water, get your exercise in, and enough sleep. And recognize your successes, no matter how small! It keeps you motivated.

One more thing, your MFP friends will get you through a lot!!!!

Good luck on your journey!
  • Cylia
    Cylia Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Find an excerise that you love to do, so it no longer feels like work anymore.

I <3 zumba!
  • stephaniezoundi
    stephaniezoundi Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    The secret is there is no secret. Keep to tried and true principles. Eat right and exercise right and you will get results, period. Stay away from any gimmicks. Use your intuition. Keep your mind's eye on your final goal and stay disciplined.

Pretty sound advice!
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Work out. When you don't want to, when you're tired, when you're mad, when you're a little sore, when you are lazy just get up and do it.
  • sunset_twilight
    sunset_twilight Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Cutting out sooo much chocolate, crisps and sweets has helped me!
  • hemlock2010
    hemlock2010 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    logging every single calorie
    cardio, cardio, cardio
    entering my calories for supper in the morning so I know how to plan the rest of the day
    finding something other than just wanting to be thinner that makes me care about losing weight
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Don't diet. Change. You have to change your thinking on food, how much you eat of the not so good stuff, what is the good stuff, and what your body needs to function at peak performance. You don't have to give up anything. You can still have cake and cookies occasionally, you just have to modify your thinking for the day. Take it one thing at a time, make small changes every couple weeks until they are your new habits. Jumping in at the deep end will only get you wet and pizzed off and you jump out again.

Good Luck!
  • secostley
    secostley Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    The biggest dieting type is to not call it a "diet"--it's a lifestyle change. Until you position yourself mentally to accept that this is a change in your lifestyle, your "diet" will not be as effective.

God Bless!

Shawn
  • C_Bran
    C_Bran Posts: 254
    Options
    The biggest dieting type is to not call it a "diet"--it's a lifestyle change. Until you position yourself mentally to accept that this is a change in your lifestyle, your "diet" will not be as effective.

God Bless!

Shawn

I second that motion!!!!

Plus, I add a little intermittent fasting to my normal weekly schedule to help keep away the plateau demon.
  • callipygianchronicle
    Options
    I started doing this after reading it in a success story, but it really works for me: I place a bottle of water on my night stand and I drink 16 ounces before I let my feet hit the floor in the morning. It knocks out a quarter of my water needs for the day and puts something in my stomach while I prepare breakfast. I used to resist drinking water, but now I find getting it all in to be easy.

My other tip, cook things in bulk and use them throughout the week. It’s sooo much easier for me to stay on track if I access to quick healthy food. I like to make soups and freeze them or bake off several chicken breasts and incorporate them into multiple lunches and dinners.
  • spaboleo
    spaboleo Posts: 172
    Options
    The "change of mindset" tip is totally true.

PLUS: Seek for activity!
    Avoid lazy hours sitting on the couch doing nothing.
    Leave the house as often as possible and DO something :)