Pole Dancing

Options
I went to take Zumba at a place called Tease Fitness, but the teacher never showed up so they offered us either pole dancing or chair dancing instead. We decided on Pole Dancing and it sure was a work out! The class was about one hour long and I would definitely do it again since it also involves strength. However, any idea how many calories this kind of dancing would burn?

Replies

• live2smyle
    live2smyle Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I have no idea....but strippers are skinny so I am guessing a bunch :tongue:
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Depends on how hard you are workin' it!
  • kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    You would have to wear a HRM (heart rate monitor) to get an accurate count. It would all depend on how high your heart rate was and for how long. Since you are going for it again, be sure you wear one of those HRM. Have fun!! :smile:
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    You should ask a stripper. They know the answer to this and much more, I'm guessing!
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options

Strippers are skinny because they love crystal meth. I know because I sold it to 'em. At least here in Cali anyway, when I was pimpin' and panderin' my way through life. :smokin: :devil:
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    File it under dancing - aerobic. Should be pretty close. Fun way to burn the calories anyways!! Good job.
  • Still_Sossy
    Still_Sossy Posts: 868 Member
    Options

Strippers are skinny because they love crystal meth. I know because I sold it to 'em. At least here in Cali anyway, when I was pimpin' and panderin' my way through life. :smokin: :devil:

I just spit my water on the monitor! LMAO! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options

I thought you seemed familer:laugh:
  • anubis609
    Options

I just spit my water on the monitor! LMAO! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

ROFLMAO. True story, btw. When they come by and ask if I want a lap dance, I ask them in return if they'd rather "party" instead... aaaaand YUP! The majority of them do.
  • hyoung3
    hyoung3 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure about the actual burn, but it sounds like a great way to move and have fun.

Posting pics would also be fun.... lol :wink:

(typical male response) Sorry.... Good luck !!
  • anubis609
    Options

I thought you seemed familer:laugh:

Hahaha... Well, I did get around :blushing:
  • sprinkledlove
    Options
    You all are too funny! I'll be sure to wear an HRM next time and let everyone know.
  • anubis609
    Options
    You all are too funny! I'll be sure to wear an HRM next time and let everyone know.

Oh yeah... back on topic. That's probably the best way to accurately gauge stage-dancing, er.. I mean pole dancing. Just don't have a pipe attached to your G-string. It alerts authorities. Lol.
  • CalorieNinja
    CalorieNinja Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    **Disregard, I was grumpy** lol
  • live2smyle
    Options

Yes yes your right....Thinking back on it I was rather thin in the 80's thanks to a white powder substance myself....:P Damn I miss the 80's :sad:

*edit the word thanks lol
  • live2smyle
    Options
    Hmmm thinking a pole in the house would kill two birds with one stone....running to google to see where I can find a portable pole :laugh:
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I have no idea....but strippers are skinny so I am guessing a bunch

Wondering where you're strippers are, the ones here aren't so skinny.

I've done the pole dancing classes, they are a ton of fun, and you can really learn a lot of fun tricks to use on your husband. Even in the way you pick up your shoes to put them on can be done sensually....

I'd call it dancing on the MFP calculator and call it good if you don't have a HRM. I never found it to be that areobic. There are clubs here locally that have poles you can also use your new found skills and impress the crowd on the bar at .
  • sprinkledlove
    Options
    I'm still a little too young for the bars (I'm only 20 from the US lol), but in a few months I'll have perfected my beginner skills and will be sure to do so! Lol. For now I'm just logging it under dancing until I do know with an HRM.
  • live2smyle
    Options
    There are clubs here locally that have poles you can also use your new found skills and impress the crowd on the bar at .
    Ohhhh maaa gawwdd....My husband would immediatly file for divorce, he tolerates dancing on tables 2 times a year....Mardi Gras and St Patty's day...I would so be pushing it with the stripper pole in public :laugh: :laugh:
  • anubis609
    Options

Yes yes your right....Thinking back on it I was rather thin in the 80's thanks to a white powder substance myself....:P Damn I miss the 80's :sad:

*edit the word thanks lol

What's funny is that I'm skinnier now than I was when I was servin' and smokin' ice... Obviously, creating a calorie deficit by not sleeping or eating for 4 days in a row, and drinking only water and Gatorade, probably wasn't the healthy way of doing it either. Haha