? on 30 Day Shred - Success? Schedule?

Options
I've keep seeing the topic of the 30 Day Shred, so I went out and bought the DVD this morning. Just wondering, if you've have done this....were you successful? Did you do it for 30 days straight, or have days off in between? Did you do other cardio/strength in addition to the DVD? Just trying to get an idea of how it worked for others before I open the DVD. If you have them, it'd be great to see some before and after pics for some extra motivation for us beginners!

Replies

• bballgrrl34
    bballgrrl34 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I would to hear what people have to say. I am about to start it on Monday.
  • kanakike8
    kanakike8 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I just started myself. But i do know that you are supposed to do it for 30 days straight, no days off. I am also doing wii fit, yoga, just dance, and/or stationary bike as well (not all of those every day, just whatever i'm in the mood for that day). Good luck!
  • babieo4
    Options
    Just started too. Seems to be working so far, as long as I eat right too. I read on some other websites, the reviews, people say that they didn't notice a dramatic weight loss, but they did notice toning and shaping with a little weight loss. I think it all depends on the person. Best of luck
  • CassieH818
    CassieH818 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Im on day 10 and have lost about 3 pounds but have noticed a HUGE difference in the way my clothes fit, so inches lost is amazing. Unfortunately I didnt measure at the start of 30DS, but i can tell you it works! I have taken a rest day twice so far but if I will do it twice the next day. I love it so far!

Good luck to you!!!
  • heyme27
    Options
    I started it last monday, today will be my 6th day in a row, I'm going to take Sunday's off. So far I've gained 2 pounds, but my legs look trimmer, and my butt is already more toned, lol. I love it so far :)
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    I started the 30 day shred Jan 1st. I did level 1 for ten days straight...then moved to level 2 for ten days without a rest day....then to level 3 for 10 days.
    When I first started I was sore for 3 or four days...so I didn't do anything else but the shred. After about the 4 or 5 day I started doing my treadmill or elliptical for 30-50 mins a day 6 days a week. I lost 5 inches in my waist during this time.

I still do the shred different levels along with the dvd trouble zone. I also workout with weights now.
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Ive done it twice I always used treadmill before
    , took 1-2 days off a week
    I blooged about my journey
    Shreddingandlosing.blogspot.com
  • shanna5
    Options
    shreddingit - I am starting to read your blog...(great pics by the way). Am I reading your blog right - you did each level for 30 days?
  • sarahlasvegas
    sarahlasvegas Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Do i need weights to start with? (not excercised for a loooong time)
  • jeanaustin
    Options
    WOW, shreddingit! Those pics on your blog look great. I can't believe you did that in such a short amount of time. I just started the 30 day shred this morning. You are definitely an inspiration! Hopefully I've see results soon.
  • jeanaustin
    Options
    Sarahlasvegas, I found this link about the program: http://www.ehow.com/how_5363883_do-jillian-michaels-day-shred.html

Says to start with 3 lb weights.
  • LG61820
    LG61820 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I did each level for 10 days. I also walked/jogged almost every morning. The scale did not change during that 30 days - I blame sodium, BUT. . . I lost 2 inches off my midriff! That was worth all the tears to me. I started for a 2nd 30DS, but had a grandchild come to visit for several days and got all off my stride.

I have now started a different program, but would consider the 30DS and 30DS w/weights at some point in the future. I don't really care for Jillian, but I am happy with my results.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Yes...2 or 3 pounds to start. Then later you can use 5 pounds weights
  • 123nikki123
    Options
    I started the Shred! I was on Day 4 and got sick and I just started up again, this time I combined Level 1 and Level 2 on the same day just because I wanted to know what Level 2 was like...lol...LOVE the Shred and will continue to do it! I too take days off...your body does need it! I would say it's more strength training if anything so I also and extra cardio. I have also done the 6 Weeks to 6 Pack video and I love that too! Man did my abs hurt:) You won't regret opening the package...that's for sure!
  • Taras630
    Options
    I've read a lot about the 30 day shred. I'm going to start it. Either tomorrow or Monday. I can't wait to start!
  • Bmorrow
    Bmorrow Posts: 169
    Options
    Ive done it twice I always used treadmill before
    , took 1-2 days off a week
    I blooged about my journey
    Shreddingandlosing.blogspot.com
    WOW...That's fantastic! I was doing the shred too, but alternating days, then got sick with the flu and haven't gotten brave enought to get back in the program. It's very hard on bad knees, but with a break I can do it!...After seeing your response, I'm back in the game. I love the idea of blogging your journey with the program. I too lost
    1 inch in my waist after 1 week. IT WORKS!
    Thanks for sharing your success!
  • 0flynnstone0
    Options
    I wanna try this too, but at home I have a very small space to work out, so I was wondering if it was something where I would need a lot of room, or if I could do it in my tiny bedroom or cramped living room without running into walls/furniture?
  • shanna5
    Options
    I wanna try this too, but at home I have a very small space to work out, so I was wondering if it was something where I would need a lot of room, or if I could do it in my tiny bedroom or cramped living room without running into walls/furniture?

Well, I havent tried it yet, but from a preview that I saw, you didn't need a whole lot of space - at least for Level 1
  • shanna5
    Options
    Thanks everyone who has replied! I'm excited to try this, and there's been a lot of encouraging posts. I'm OK w/ not losing a whole lot of weight (even though that would be ideal), inches off would be just as good! Can't wait to see what happens...just hope I'm not disappointed in 30 days!
  • ms_erica
    ms_erica Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    i just started it on thursday so tomorrow will be day 4 level 1 and let me tell u how shore i am, especially since im using 5 lb weights. on top of that i take anywhere from 20-45 minute walks around my neighbor hood. so far i've lost 5 lbs and i been making healthier eating choices. i love the dvd and i can feel like its working.