Exercise Calories

Options
I know there has been much ado about this, but can you tell me if you have lost weight eating your exercise calories or not? I need to know it works, for one, I don't want to bust my rear end off, and eat them for it not to work. This program is the only place I have ever seen where they have told you to eat the calories from your exercise.

Thanks for your help!

Replies

• taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Yes still losing. They tell you to eat them because your calorie deficit is factored in. If you're aiming for a 500 calorie deficit and then work out 500 calories and don't eat them, then you've given yourself a 1000 calorie deficit. Stick to the plan....
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    It's worked for me! There is some info in the links in my signature that is so helpful and informative! Good luck!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    both work but not eating them may lead to you burning muscle not just fat, which is not what you want. to meet your goal you must eat them if not you may lose more or you may not lose at all as you metabolism can slow down.
  • susioryan
    Options
    Yes, I eat them almost all and have lost.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    I do, BUT only with conservative figures burned. I don't burn nearly as much as the machines/MFP tell me. So now I eat only part of them (about 1/2).
  • jrt9999
    jrt9999 Posts: 114
    Options
    Works for me but I do try to accurately gauge my true calorie counts in and out.
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    ive been on this site for about 2 1/2 weeks and ive lost 6 pounds so far eating back my calories *for the most part* ill be off by about 100 or less.
  • zoibas
    zoibas Posts: 31
    Options
    i have been on this for about 10 days or so. i have hight everything in my blood, cholesterol, sugar, pressure.... i programmed an aggresive weight loss for 30 days of 2 lbs a week then i will dial it down to 1 lb a week until i am in the mid to high 160s then level calories to a sustain weight. so far this thing is keeping me on track and on schedule. i have been eating my exercise calories. i hurt my back somehow and i am bummed that i cant do my minimal 10 minute jog today ha..... next all on should be jillian popping up and yelling at you ;-)