Thats IT! No more whiskey...vent

Options
2»

Replies

• soup78
    soup78 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Okay, I confess......Went grocery shopping yesterday, always start in the produce section and end in liquor aisle......Picked up a 24 pack of MGD 64, which is goooood! And 2 bottles of wine......This should last about a week for me and my SO. Then again, his parents are coming to visit for the weekend.....maybe we'll hit the store again. :tongue:

Bottoms up, my friends! :drinker:
  • chilli
    chilli Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I cut my drinking back to "weekends", 1 bottle of wine over 3 nights ...but as I do a lot of exercising on the weekend it sort of allows for it! Generally healthier for it ....one of my main weight gain issues was daily alcohol intake in the first place!!
  • mholmes
    mholmes Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I think one day a week is a good plan. I used to drink every night and now it's probably less than one day a week.

This is a good opportunity to explore other things you can do with your husband after the kids are in bed that's even more relaxing. See how many calories to add for sex topic.

Sometimes I'd rather have the stiff drink instead of the stiff hubby. hush.gif

snicker.gif
  • sabes2631
    Options
    LOL.....
    but enough stiff drinks and you have nothin stiff at all...
  • mholmes
    mholmes Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    LOL.....

:explode: must resist the urge...... must....resist.... :laugh:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    LOL.....

dew it......dew it.......{muahahahahaha!!} :devil:
  • Juliebean
    Options
    LOL.....

It's hard, I know! Take comfort in the fact that I'm thinking it too, even if you can't say it! :laugh:
  • sabes2631
    Options
    what did I miss? say it!!!!!!!
  • runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    OK ladies!
    To get back to the serious topic:tongue:
    QUOTE:

One thing to remeber is that typically after two drinks or more your body releases an enzyme call acetate (Spelling may be off). When this enzy is released your body stops breaking down fat and stores it.

A doctor who specializes in Bariatrics actually teaches this in a weight loss class.

This is actually true, the calories in alcohol are preferentially stored as fat, so 100 calories of beer /wine is worse than 100 calories of chicken, or whole wheat pasta, dark chocolate whatever.
    Tom
  • sabes2631
    Options
    lol.

I have chosen to pass on my glass of wine tonight :)
    so far anyway.
  • punka274
    Options
    I think one day a week is a good plan. I used to drink every night and now it's probably less than one day a week.

This is a good opportunity to explore other things you can do with your husband after the kids are in bed that's even more relaxing. See how many calories to add for sex topic.

Sometimes I'd rather have the stiff drink instead of the stiff hubby. hush.gif

LMAO....that was a good one!
  • PSUgrl921
    PSUgrl921 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I'm a college student so ... that being said I drink quite a bit. I was a freshman last year and gained the freshman 25 ... mainly from that Natty Light and Milwaukees Best Light. This year I have been doing so much better for 2 reasons ...

1. I realized that I don't really like either of those beers ... lol.
    2. I actually have work to do.

I typically drink 1-2 nights a week now. Last night I went a little overboard ... well a lot overboard so when I do that I try to take it easy the other day or two I go out. My other problem is I get the munchies when I drink and every pizza place is open in State College till 3am... doesn't help at all.
  • Wynnie
    Wynnie Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I'll have a glass of wine when we go out to a nice dinner. At home, I put Baily's in my coffee sometimes. But alas - I am taking a blood thinner for 3-6 months to treat a blood clot, so I was told by the doc NO booze whatsoever. Kinda a bummer, but I'm managing.

Maybe next time you do have a nightcap, raise a glass for your poor MFP who can't have one right now. And when I get my "clean bill of health", I'll raise one for my awesome, supportive MFP friends!

But seriously, once you find the right limit for you, we're all behind you!!!

:drinker:
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Like you, I have to limit it to one night a week, and even then, I have to further limit to no more than 2-3 ounces. :grumble:

Unlike you, I'm finding that I've been dangling here at 158.5lbs for going on 3 weeks now, and it's making me crazy. The drinking or failure to drink doesn't seem to matter a jot. I just have to wait for something to give.

Uggh... someone else feels my pain I have been hovering over -154-156 for a month or so... uggh and nothing changes it.

I do find that alcohol will put a hold on any movement and possibly upwards so I try to drink very moderately. One drink maybe once a week. I know, no more partying!! No true just have to weight consequences.
  • sarakenna1
    Options
    I'm a booze hound! When I'm not dieting, I'll drink 1-2 glasses of wine or a couple vodka-fresca's 3-4 times a week. However, drinking makes my weight loss plateau, so I've cut back to 2 drinks on Saturday only. (Until I get stressed out at work again, I'm sure). When I drink, I find that the following day I am less able to keep my food intake on track. I think that alcohol makes my blood sugar spike, so the next day my body is all out of whack and I crave greasy or sugary foods.
  • sabes2631
    Options
    yes... i feeel the same way... even 1 or 2 glasses of wine makes me grave bad food...
    when i am tired i crave junk too...
    which makes sense... i skipped the gym every day this week. i am tired!