No More Diet Soda for Me!!

Options
So I have been free of diet soda for a while (est January 2011 that is a while for Aimee time) But on Monday my boss gave me a 24pack of diet coke left over from a party. Okay so I took it home and of course my husband and I drank it. Well here is what I have learned

1. I didn't realize I hadn't had a headache in a while until I got one suspiciously after drinking diet soda. Hmmm???
2. I have not been snacking lately but for some reason this week I felt an incredible urge to snack.... popcorn, cereal, snack snack snack. I normally have a snack in the afternoon dont get me wrong but this was an URGE to bring my hand full of food to my mouth. Hmmm??
3. Bloated!!!!

I talked to my hubby and he said he felt the same way. The only new addition this week was DIET COKE! So we decided since we experienced first hand how we felt. Under no circumstances is it allowed in our home. YEAH!!!

Replies

• McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    That's pretty good that you had the wherewithal to attribute it to the soda. Good call on not having it around! I just read that diet soda can cause bone loss, as well. I think that has something to do with the carbonation. But still!

Good call!
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    I ued to drink 5-6 of the 20 ounce bottles of Diet Coke every day. I cannot remember when I last had one. Posts like yours remind me why I DON'T want to ever go down that road again.
    :flowerforyou: Thanks for sharing!!
  • Nigel99
    Nigel99 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    That is great!

I was a die-hard soda drinker (regular sodas), but gave it up when I started exercising and eating better. After 30 days, I told myself I would try one again just to see what I thought after going without. It was a lot sweeter than I remembered, and I found out I didn't miss it that much. A week later, I just poured out the sodas I had left in the basement as I didn't intend to drink them any more.

No headaches or such in my case, but I've just decided not to make that choice. It is great that you both are doing well with going without, too. Congrats!
  • Teebowen
    Teebowen Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    that explains alot..... had not thought about it like that... I will try to go diet soda-less this next week and note them improvements... thanks for the post!!!
  • kouzzzz
    kouzzzz Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Eventhough diet sodas have 0 calories, they make you gain weight. Diet sodas increases your appetite. Check the youtube clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpoAtwVyzZI
  • Scarletblue
    Options
    That's great that you both agree. it is sodas in a can that give me headaches.