Any women have only 15-20 lbs to lose? Add me!

Options

Replies

• vero_1
    vero_1 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I started with 17 lbs to lose and still have 12 to go and only see a little over a half a lb loss per week... I also have a sweet tooth that can be difficult to resist at times and if I stray at all the weight creeps right back up... and to make things worse I keep seeing people's exercise calories hiting the 500+ per workout and I have to almost drop with a heart attack for a solid hour or more and still only see about 350-400!!! It can be very discouraging at times... but I refuse to give up! This weight WILL come off!!!!
  • londoneye
    londoneye Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat - add me lovely people!
  • aimlow
    aimlow Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have only between 5 and 10 pounds left but it is taking for ever. I will send a friend request.
  • CharlieJuliette
    CharlieJuliette Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Hi! My target is to lose 20lbs, and I've shifted 5 so far. I've never been fat, but the spare tyre round my middle never used to be there either. I'm 39, work nearly full time, and have 2 small kids so trying to find time to exercise is always a challenge. I've tried to shift the extra pounds numerous times in the last few years but always lose focus before I get very far. I'm determined to reach my final goal this time! Anyone in the same boat please add me!
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    princesschikee
    The closer you are the harder you have to work. No way around it. I suggest lifting heavier weights as thats what burns fat. I make sure also to fuel the muscles with plenty of protein.

Macronutrients 40-30-30/1500 cals a day

this is really the (secret) way to drop those lbs...and cutting out the crap, we all know that means take-out, non-diet drinks, and high fats/sodium...

Personally, it hasn't been a "harder" workout. Just different in that I shifted most of that wasted time on the elliptical/dreadmill to BodyPump/Attack, BootCamp, and Power Yoga.
    princesschikee is absolutely right when she says "heavier weights"

:devil: ask a trainer at the gym...gotta "tear that muscle" to build it up and put it to work to burn fat ~ imo
  • Lanfear
    Lanfear Posts: 524
    Options
    Me too, I'm trying to lose 14lbs in total, so I'm there with you all!!!

Sorry, as I'm editing I can't find the name - to whoever mentioned the 30 day shred, go for it - I have just done Day 6 of Level 1, it's a good 20 minute workout and you will know you've worked when you've finished!!!!!! I thought I was fit-ish and I was sweating buckets! :laugh:
  • Lanfear
    Lanfear Posts: 524
    Options
    I also started MFP in mid-to-late November with a goal of losing at least 22 lbs. Starting weight was 152 lbs., ballpark goal is 125-130 lbs. I'm 5'6". I weighed myself yesterday (every Friday) and I was pleasantly shocked to be down to 133 lbs. My weight does creep up every now and then but usually only by 2-3 lbs.

MFP set my net calories to 1200 and for the most part I have stuck to that. A few slip-ups along the way due to liquor consumption.:drinker: I'm not a heavy exerciser but I try to get in a 30 minute workout 3 times per week. I totally cut out all processed foods, increased my water intake to 8-11 glasses every day, reduced my sodium, and started eating 3-5 servings of vegetables every day.

I will send you a friend request.

LOL your stats are pretty much identical to mine (other than the fact that I'm definitely not at 133lbs!!). :smile:
  • chocolatnoir
    chocolatnoir Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I've been there. I posted previously in this thread. The last 10-15 lbs are going to be the hardest because our bodies want to hold on to as much fat as it can for survival reasons. I have found that choosing a final goal weight did not work. It was a good gauge, but I chose a body fat percentage instead (and a lot of clean eating and cutting out sugar). I won't go into too much detail why, unless people are interested in my technique.
    Losing body fat is different than losing weight and to lose that last bit of weight, you need to lose body fat.
    Also, sometimes when we lose a lot of weight it stretches our skin so much that the skin can not go back to its normal state therefore you have excess skin. The only way to get rid of it is to have surgery. Some people are lucky in that they don't need to, but the older you are the harder it is for your skin to get back to normal.
    I hope this helps. I'm sure there are other ways to get rid of those last stubborn pounds, but that worked for me.
    Good luck you guys.
    Clean eating and cutting out sugar sounds like a sensible way to go. Thank you for the input!
  • chocolatnoir
    Options
    I think someone that has succeeded in losing those last 10 pounds should share her secret so we can all follow ;)

I'm considering starting the 30 day shred tomorrow. Either that or... getting a gym subscription finally.

Good luck!!! I am doing a 30 day no chocolate challenge for March(which will be HELL) and going to add Bikram yoga to my routine. Just have to drastically reduce my sugar intake, stop eating white rice (I'm Indian- it happens), and EXERCISE.
  • chocolatnoir
    Options
    Well, ladies, let's do this!

My plan for March: No chocolate (I'm usually a fan of everything in moderation but chocolate is like crack to me- so a big NO). One of my New Years resolutions was to eat veggies at every meal, even breakfast so I am continuing with that (unless it is the rare day I eat cereal in which case I do not sprinkle my grape nuts with peas...rather I go for berries or banana slices;)). I am going to try to stay under on my sugar (which is so, so hard). And to MOVE. Bikram yoga, running, and cardio kick boxing.

I have to keep at it even if life gets in the way, and stress sucks everything out of me.

I'm sure most of you can relate to this- but I feel I've just crossed over the line from sexy to the girl with the pretty face. I have lovely curves and long legs....yet the fat is making me look frumpy. At least, that is how I feel- and if I feel frumpy I'm sure that is what I am giving off- frumpy girl vibes. :) I have no interest in being "skinny" I just want to be at the size where I feel strong, confident, and hot!!

Thank you for all the support!!

Vanity pounds be gone!
  • Leela30
    Leela30 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and currently 143. When I started in July I weighed 155, but I've been stuck at 143 since November. I just want to lose 10 more pounds, but after 4 months, my weight has not budged. I know how you feel. I'd love to be part of a group that just has those last few to lose. As we all know, the fat that has been on you the longest is the hardest to lose. And I think these last 10 have been on there since I was 5 lol.
  • FitJ1210
    FitJ1210 Posts: 754
    Options
    Hello

I am back in the same boat but not only do I have the last 10 lbs to lose but I have regained and now its 22 lbs.

I did make my goal 2 yrs ago and I felt fabulous!!

This is what worked for me,
    I drank 100 oz a day up to 128 of water, if I needed.
    COUNTING MY CALORIES and staying with in 200 of my BMR ( Basal Metabolic Rate) calories.
    Worked out 200 mins a week doing what I enjoyed, Yoga and Pilates at the time.
    Aimed for 80 grams of protein a day.
    Ate 1-2 apple a day and ate as close to CLEAN as possible, limiting the processed food and crappy carbs.. my down fall.

I struggled for years trying to lose the last 10, I never knew how many calories to eat until I read Jillian Michaels, Making The Cut. Losing is all science. I did not follow it to the t, but it was a good base and gave me something to follow.

Seems so simple , but its so hard. As everyone says "consistency is the key"... its true!

Please add me, and I would love to join the last 10- 20 lb thread is one starts.

Good luck everyone. You can do it!! :flowerforyou:
  • amandarusco
    Options
    Im in a similar boat. I will add you! I have lost 10 so far and have about 15-20 to go!
  • bambinoblue
    Options
    I've joined up today and am in the same boat!

I'm only 5'3" and am currently 131 pounds. I've lost 30 pounds over the past two years and have been my current weight, give or take a pound or two, for at least the last six months. As I'm only small I don't carry it as well, so my target weight is 119 pounds... 12 to lose.

Whenever I discuss this with others who are trying to lose weight I usually get "12 pounds is hardly anything", "131 pounds is perfectly fine for you", etc etc... but it's about what makes you feel healthy and happy, right? I run regularly and have done for the past two years, and I'm usually fairly healthy with my food but I do like treats. I think my problem is that the weight that's left is totally stubborn. It ain't going anywhere!! Maybe I need to shake my diet and exercise plan up a little?

I have just found out I'm intolerant to wheat and sugar... so perhaps now that I have to cut those out I will lose the rest...

Any tips anyone?

x
  • jodie_t
    jodie_t Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    >>chocolate is like crack to me-<<

Me too!! but I find if I give it up I end up overdoing on loads of other high cal foods - and do far worse damage than if I'd stuck with a couple of squares of good choc a day. I've decided to give choc drinks a go instead - get some organic cocoa powder - then I can control the amount of sugar and use low fat milk - its the cocoa I'm addicted to, not the sugar - and cocoa is actually a very healthy food, there's loads of research into it. Just need to cut down on the fat and sugar - too much even in the high cocoa content choccie bars.
  • khrys1
    khrys1 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I've lost almost 30 and have 20 more to go- feel free to add me!
  • 123nikki123
    Options
    If you are a woman with 15-20 lbs to lose please add me! My body is not giving up weight easily. I've been on MFP since late November and my weight keeps going up and down. I know I don't have a ton to lose so I'm being careful about eating the right number of calories (generally around 1500), eating lots of fresh foods, and exercising, and have no health problems But I find that if I ever slip up, the weight crawls back up (sweets are a weakness- even if I stay within my calories I suspect I need to get rid of them). Especially with it being winter it is easy for me to slip up- at least when it is warm I am very very good about exercising a lot and being active outdoors. Anyway I'm 31, 5'7 and trapped at 153-156 (which is my highest lifetime weight). I need to bring my weight down to 140. Would love support from gals in a similar situation! My friends on here who are heavier seem to have an easy time losing weekly and I understand it is harder when you don't have a lot to lose. I refuse to give up but need to be more disciplined. It is a daily struggle for me! I've never been "fat", but this chubbiness is not making me happy!! Ultimately it is in my control, though, and need to just work at it every day.
    So anyway- add me if you like! We can support each other!

I have 19 pounds to lose...my weight goes up then down then up again! Very frustrating:( I was eating around 1200 to lose 2 pounds a week but just ended up starving and would eat anything in site (which is probably why I gained back) so now I just adjusted my weight loss goals to 1 pound a week in hopes that this makes it easier for me lose! I have read on here that 2 pounds a week is for obese people and those of us trying to lose a small amount of wiehgt should stick to a smaller goal. Sweets are my weakness to:( BIG TIME! lol I will friend you:) I could use all of the support I can get!
  • cris12
    cris12 Posts: 90
    Options
    have any ladies in here started to strength train? (not for bodybuilding) if so, what sorts of exercises do you do?
  • jaccismith
    Options
    I just started today and boy does your post sound JUST LIKE ME!! I will add you!
  • Aelyta_Spirit
    Aelyta_Spirit Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sent a request! I'm right in the demographic you're asking for there, 15-20 ish!

Wow, you are gorgeous. I just looked at a few of your photos, chica. I also love that you love languages. I'm currently learning Russian, but have learned some basic Spanish in the past too. You sound totally awesome!!!