I can't give up but I'm just so upset

Options
I'm just very upset to the point of tears. Why can't this weight come off? after 2 months nothing has changed!!! I've tried everything. from 1200 calories to 1750 recently. I work out on average 6 tmes a week and sometimes twice a week. I eat my calories back. I mean seriously after a while something's gotta give but is NOT. I know i can't give up because i just can't. But I need some help and guideness :sad:

this is always my issue regardless of what I do I can't get down and this has been going on for 3 to 4 years now.

Replies

• ashers1819
    Options
    Are there any changes in your measurements? Are you eating the correct amount of iron? You might want to go to the Doctor's and make sure that your thyroid is functioning regularly.

Good luck to you and I am sure you will start to feel better soon.

x
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Have you talked to your doctor about this? If you have thyroid or certain other health issues, it can cause you to not be able to lose.

Don't give up hope! You'll find the answers. Just keep at it. *hugs*
  • debhobbs
    Options
    Don't get disheartened. Have you lost inches from your hips or waist? What are you doing when you work out and for how long?
  • MissTomGettingThin
    MissTomGettingThin Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I took a look at your diary and maybe carbs is an issue for you?
    I read somewhere on here today about some people being more sensitive to carbs than others.
    Might be worth looking into?
    I'd also speak to my doctor in case it's hormonal or thyroid or something.
    Best of luck.
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I'm just very upset to the point of tears. Why can't this weight come off? after 2 months nothing has changed!!! I've tried everything. from 1200 calories to 1750 recently. I work out on average 6 tmes a week and sometimes twice a week. I eat my calories back. I mean seriously after a while something's gotta give but is NOT. I know i can't give up because i just can't. But I need some help and guideness :sad:

this is always my issue regardless of what I do I can't get down and this has been going on for 3 to 4 years now.

You might want to start tracking sodium..often times we don't realize how much we are consuming and that can definitely hinder weight loss..
  • Pineapples
    Pineapples Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Are there any changes in your measurements? Are you eating the correct amount of iron? You might want to go to the Doctor's and make sure that your thyroid is functioning regularly.

Good luck to you and I am sure you will start to feel better soon.

x
    you are a doll, thank you. yes I have gone to the doc. and apparently everything is fine. I do take multi vitamins and fish oil. I have also taken measurements and I even gained 1cm. That's why is so upsetting
  • Pineapples
    Options
    Don't get disheartened. Have you lost inches from your hips or waist? What are you doing when you work out and for how long?

I am trying not to though.. and no I haven't lost anything. I am doing live boot camp twice a week for an hr, I do chalean 3x a week, lifting fairly heavy, I also do 40min of either interval jogging or elleptical when I do strength training, play badminton once a week.
  • Pineapples
    Options
    I read somewhere on here today about some people being more sensitive to carbs than others.
    Best of luck.

Thank you for taking the time. I just decreased my carb % by 10%. Let's see what happens
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Do you have a HRM? I know you recently increased your caloric intake, but maybe you're a slower or faster burner than other people, so maybe the numbers MFP gives you aren't accurate. I would see about getting a HRM so you can accurately track how many cals you're burning and how many you need to eat.
  • cakeyrach
    Options
    Don't be upset. I am having problems too where I think I'm doing everything right and it just won't shift, I know how it feels.

Have you tried recalculating your BMR to get the right calorie limit and then restart, doing moderate amounts of exercise instead of going in too hard

As someone else mentioned it might be worth getting your thyroid checked out too. I have an underactive thyroid and am on medication but it does make things harder.

Don't give up and remember there are a lot of good people on here to help support you.

Rachel
    x
  • Pineapples
    Options
    Have you talked to your doctor about this? If you have thyroid or certain other health issues, it can cause you to not be able to lose.

Don't give up hope! You'll find the answers. Just keep at it. *hugs*

I think I will have to talk more seriously about it with him. Thank you for the hugs
  • Pineapples
    Options
    Do you have a HRM? I know you recently increased your caloric intake, but maybe you're a slower or faster burner than other people, so maybe the numbers MFP gives you aren't accurate. I would see about getting a HRM so you can accurately track how many cals you're burning and how many you need to eat.

Yes I've had one since a 1.5 years ago.
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    i agree with some of the others. if your measurements are not changing and you are within the guidelines, check with your doctor just to make sure.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Some ppl it just takes longer to see the results. What type of exercises are you doing? If you weight train and do cardio 6 times a week and try to do alot of weight training like an hours worth then you should see some kind of results rather it be inch loss or toning. Plus cardio doin HIIT for at least 30 minutes a day should also help. I do chest and back twice a week, legs twice a week and shoulders, arms and biceps twice a week and cardio everyday of the week. I no longer see weightloss however the definition in my biceps are nice! So go by your clothes the way they fit and don't watch the scale, I weigh myself bout once a month. Don't stress out over the numbers. Plus, weightloss is 10% gentics, 10% exercise and 80% diet. So, check out what's on the menu and see if anything could be changed. Yea, yea, I know, diet is the biggest issue in my life. Nom Nom I love certain bad foods that I can't go without eatin and omg gotta do a sheetz run, yea, my diet sucks. I got skin to tighten up and I get upset over it. But I don't have anyone else to blame but myself on that one. So just keep that in mind, look at what's really goin into your mouth.
    Hope I could be of some help. Good luck.
  • Pineapples
    Options
    Don't be upset. I am having problems too where I think I'm doing everything right and it just won't shift, I know how it feels.

Have you tried recalculating your BMR to get the right calorie limit and then restart, doing moderate amounts of exercise instead of going in too hard

As someone else mentioned it might be worth getting your thyroid checked out too. I have an underactive thyroid and am on medication but it does make things harder.

Don't give up and remember there are a lot of good people on here to help support you.

Rachel
    x

Thank you, you are right. I seriously need to address this issue with my doctor.
  • JillyCornwall
    JillyCornwall Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Best of luck.

Thank you for taking the time. I just decreased my carb % by 10%. Let's see what happens

I have to agree with this poster, your carbs are quite high, I think I would up my protein & reduce the carbs..also bear in mind that when you eat all your cals every day..and eat your exercise calories back there is little room for error, so when you go way over on cals on one day..you need to peg those calories back on the next few...perhaps a week or two of zig zagging your calories might shake things up a bit.
  • kasmir8199
    kasmir8199 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    You may have been asked this already by someone, but have you changed your routine at all in the last few weeks? If not, you could be at a plateau. Even if you're working your tail off (no pun intended) and doing very extreme workouts, our bodies are amazing and will adapt to whatever stressors we put it through. Switching things up every now and then will shock it and will cause it change further. I know you can do it. I know you WILL do it! Stay encourage and remember, nothing that you do for your body is a waste of time. You're phenomenal!
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    Had a quick look at your diary, your cals arent set low and you eat the majority of your exercise cals so its not undereating BUT i'd suggest a HRM and only eating back some of them unless you know your true BMR or V02 max.

MFP says I burn x amount of calories on a 20 minute walk but using a HRM (very basic but beats per minute were spot on) and KNOWING my V02 max i only burn a quarter of what MFP and most other site say I would. Imagine if I ate all my exercise calories!
  • ❤B☩❤
    Options
    Sodium and calories are the 2 sneakiest elements that we encounter. I will assume that you are drinking your water, with all the working out that you do. Do you have a rest day where you don't exercise? The body needs that to re-group. Also, what about TOM? Do you find that you retain water during "that time"?

I feel for you right now, but hang in there (it's better than hanging OUT!!) I am sending *HUGS* your way! Good luck and DON'T give up! :drinker:
  • hchristine
    Options
    I agree with the comment about lowering your carbs...If I eat too many even if I am staying within my calories I don't lose weight. I am on a low carb diet...which I know isn't for everyone...but it's definitely something that should be monitored...at least it's working for me :) You look great...so don't worry, you will figure it out!