Brides on a Mission: Week 8

Options
1235»

Replies

• NurseNatalie2011
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: once again...nothing. second week straight.

That must be frustrating. At least you are not gaining anything. Maybe trying changing up your workout a little, that has helped for me in the past. Let's hope for a loss next week!
  • EaglesFan521
    EaglesFan521 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    So, I'll be out with it....because I don't need anyone to make me feel bad about something that I can't control.

My fiance's father and step-mom are paying for 90% of our wedding. Our wedding will cost, with honeymoon, about $12,000.

My parents own two houses; they rent one out....and my two older brothers (27 and 25) plus siser (10) all live at home and don't pay bills. One of my brothers filed bankruptcy...etc. His life is a mess....and my mom works a full time job, plus three teaching jobs to pay for everything.

My fiance's mother lives by herself with his sister (23) ...his sister works full time but doesn't pay any bills.

My fiance and I love together; monthly, we bring home about $2200 (which, might I add...is NOTHING) and pay about $1700 in bills a month between mortgage, utilities, phones, etc. Add in taking care of our two dogs, groceries and the obscene cost of gas....we don't have a lot of extra money.

I am currently in grad school, working on two master's programs. I honestly don't have a whole lot of job experience in my field (psychology)....so I work part-time as a nanny....trying to find a full time job, or at least another part-time job, to help ease the burden.

So, when I say that my family is paying for the wedding.... Do I feel shame? Some....but my fiance and I are doing all that we can with the limited funds that we have to pay for our wedding. We wanted something incredibly simple....and his father and step-mom have so graciously offered any monetary support that we need in order to make it a special day (some things I never considered, but they think we need it....so they are paying for it).

Yes, this gets me down. I feel like I should be doing more. No, I know I should be doing more. But I'm making huge efforts and there's only so much I can do.

Since we do not all know the personal life stories of everyone that is a part of this WONDERFUL support and motivation group, I think we should keep "blanket statements" to ourselves.

Have a good weekend ladies!

there is nothing shameful about having family that can help with the wedding, You are lucky and if my family could I would take that up in a heartbeat!!!!
  • NurseNatalie2011
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/182289-brides-on-a-mission-week-9

Posted it early because I will be watching the Oscars later tonight and dont want to forget!