Top Fitness dvds (in my opinion!)

Options
I always see people wondering which fitness dvds are the best and I will share my fitness dvd collection that I SWEAR BY! In my opinion they are probably the best ones out there. no gimmicks, no stupid "campy" type chorograhpy moves! Just an over-all great workout. The ones I stick with and swear by are:

-Jillian michaels 30 day shred (great circuit training w cardio, strength and abs) super effective

-Jillian michaels: banish fat boost metablism (great cardio w some resistance training using your own body weight)

- Jillian michaels: No more trouble zones (great strength workout while working multiple muscles at once, counting as cardio as well as it keeps your HR up)

- Bob harper inside out method: pure burn super strength (great and challenging strength dvd, also keeps your HR going)
- bob harper inside out method:Body rev cardio conditioning (great CARDIO CARDIO CARDIO as well as some strength involved)

- Jackie werner: Xtreme timsaver training (great 30 min workout combining cardio&strength) perfect for those of you that R short on time and want a quick cardio & strength workout)

- Bob harper: yoga for the warrier (great 60min yoga workout, for those who love yoga)

Those are the main ones I stick to and swear by! they are all really GREAT workouts!!!! A lot of them are circuit training and work multiple muscles at once, keeping it super effective and a great calorie burn As you see, I LOVE the jillian & bob harper workouts :) They are no joke!

Replies

• teri00
    teri00 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    P90X BABY!!!
  • Jess21684
    Jess21684 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    im sure p90 is GREAT! I wanna try INsanity as well to challenge me further. but as far as the ones you can go to walmart or a store and just pick up, that are super cheap, those are the best bang for your buck!!
  • grouch201
    grouch201 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I'm throwing Insanity in there too! The Biggest Looser trainers are great when you're starting out, but I think Beachbody takes it to another level.
  • Xave1911
    Options
    I've done a few Jillian Michaels, I used to swear by 30 day shred...but then came beachbody:)
    Now its TurboFire & Insanity and I agree w/ above I do love p90x!!!
  • asj0901
    asj0901 Posts: 141
    Options
    Thanks! I have P90X and it is Fantastic. (If you have at least 60 minutes a day) Most days I do not, or I just give up because my children like to ride me when I do push ups or play chicken by running between my legs when I do jumping jacks. So the fitness dvd's that I love are my 10 Minute solutions (I can usually do that while my kids are in the shower) and I do love my 30day shred. I am on day 17!!! Yeah. I appreciate this post because I am in the market for a new workout once I have finished my 30day shred. So Thanks Again!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    im sure p90 is GREAT! I wanna try INsanity as well to challenge me further. but as far as the ones you can go to walmart or a store and just pick up, that are super cheap, those are the best bang for your buck!!

I can respect that. The combo moves in 30 Day Shred really gets the heart rate going. Solid workout.
  • Jess21684
    Jess21684 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I also swear by jogging! & interval training with jillian and bobs workouts, i can burn up to about 700 calories for an hour, which for a fitness dvd thats pretty good
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Well I personally have some of both. I have jillian michaels, but I also have slim in 6, Turbo Jam, and Tony Hortons 10 min trainers. I also like to do Zumba on my Wii. :happy:
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    LETS throw ripped in 30 there too....you know its gonna be worth the $11 with no EXTRA advertisements of crap:laugh:
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Options
    I want to try the b90x as I have heard they produce great results.:bigsmile:
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Options
    *typo P90x:bigsmile:
  • jilld76
    jilld76 Posts: 324
    Options
    I have 30 day shred and love it for the days when I only have a little bit of time or just want something additional.

I also have turbo jam (which I'm kind of sick of, lol) and I just bought billy blanks bootcamp, cardio inferno, which is a good workout, but I don't know if I'm in love with it.

most of the time I just go to the gym but having videos to do at home on days I can't get there really helps.

I did do P90X a few summers ago and while it's a great workout, it didn't have enough cardio for me and I thought the "cardio x" video that's included was kind of cheesy and didn't really get my heart going, which is kind of the point of cardio. Kenpo was probably my favorite one in that series.

I do however really, really want to do insanity, but I think I need a few more months at the gym and a to lose more weight before I attempt insanity.
  • kylielouttit
    kylielouttit Posts: 512 Member
    Options

You CAN buy P90X and Insanity from Wal-Mart. Thats where I got mine.
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I personally can't stand 'Jillian Michaels' or her reps...

I'm all about Power90/P90X series...

Tony Horton & Beachbody all the way...! :happy:
  • ropedancer
    Options
    For circuit training- "The Firm, Bootcamp Maximun Calorie Burn." Good longer workout. Really gets your heart rate up.

For Pilates- "Pilates Quick Start for Weight Loss." Great beginner workout that I still use on my low intensity days.

For Yoga- "The Biggest Loser: Weight Loss Yoga." Currently working on this one right now. Makes me feel strong.

Will watch this thread for recommendations :)
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options

You CAN buy P90X and Insanity from Wal-Mart. Thats where I got mine.

Be careful with that...Tony Horton and Beachbody has filed suit against companies like Costco because they are not LEGALLY available in stores. The ones sold in stores are fake copies manufactured in China.

Just FYI.
  • renee_nicole
    renee_nicole Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love biggest loser boot camp I also have biggest loser last chance workout, power sculpt, cardio max the biggest loser workout 2 and bob harpers body rev cardio conditioning but boot camp is my favorite because its fun and bob isn't to bad to look at lol