Any turkey burger recipes?

Options
I LOVE the turkey burger minis at Ruby Tuesday, and I just bought some ground turkey breast at the market. Does anyone have any good recipes for a turkey burger on the grill?

Replies

• krissyklutz
    Options
    Best one I've ever made was the Donald Trump Turkey Burger Recipe. That's not exactly what it was called, but if you'll google it, you can find it. An Oprah favorite!
  • arsenal45
    arsenal45 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I love turkey burgers frsh off the grill with just a little montreal steak seasoning.

PS I tried your crock pot BBQ chicken recipe today and it was awesome!
  • EdgeChic
    Options
    My all time favorite is:

1 package Extra Lean Ground Turkey (20 oz)
    1/2 package of taco seasoning (you can do mild or hot, however you prefer)
    1 small can of diced chiles

Mix all together and make 4 patties. Grill or cook in a pan.

Put on a whole wheat bun, top with baby spinach, tomatoes and avacado. You can even top with 1 slice of pepper jack cheese, or whatever.

It's tasty. My husband, Mr. I Don't Think Turkey Burgers Are Good, devoured 2 of them.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I know you already have you ground turkey, buuuut

1 box Jennie O Turkey patties, no seasoning
    throw it on the George Foreman. Serve on Sara Lee 80 cal buns. Voila! Turkey burgers
  • rymattsmom
    rymattsmom Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    hey darci, i posted a question about your cp bbq chix today, let me know!

btw love these turkey burger ideas!
  • elmct57
    elmct57 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    1-1/2 pounds ground turkey
    2 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
    2 tablespoons finely diced onion
    1 egg whites, lightly beaten
    2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
    1/2 clove garlic, peeled and minced
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper

Directions

In a large bowl, mix ground turkey, seasoned bread crumbs, onion, egg whites, parsley, garlic, salt, and pepper. Form into 12 patties.
    Cook the patties in a medium skillet over medium heat, turning once, to an internal temperature of 180 degrees F.

Servings Per Recipe: 6
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories: 183
    Total Fat: 9.5g
    Cholesterol: 90mg
    Sodium: 354mg
    Total Carbs: 2.3g
    Dietary Fiber: 0.2g
    Protein: 20.9g
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    I like to cook ground turkey in a skillet with taco seasoning , salt and pepper, then add chicken broth, kidney beans, corn, green chilies, stewed tomatoes you can also add zucchini if you want. I also add a little cumin, salt, pepper and garlic powder,. serve the soup in a bowl. it is really good

also I like to cook the turkey with taco seasoning then put it in a pita pocket with lettuce, tomatoe and salsa, YUM
  • chezkie
    chezkie Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    This is a really simple one but it's soooooo tasty and so good for you:

500g Turkey mince (don't know how much this is in oz - I'm English - your pounds and ounces are equally as confusing to me!!)
    2 courgettes (I think you call them Zucchini), grated
    1 carrot, grated
    1 large onion, finely chopped
    1 egg
    Pinch of salt and pepper

Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl, mould into 8 burger patties and place on a non-stick baking tray. Stick under the grill on a high heat and cook for 8-10 minutes (or until just golden) on each side. Delicious!!

I like to wrap my turkey burger in a lettuce leaf and have it with ketchup, tomatoes and cucumber, but it's whatever floats your boat I suppose. My family, who are slightly less conscientious when it comes to their waistlines, love this with potato wedges, salad and lashings of ketchup. Whatever way you have it, the ketchup is strongly recommended, really adds to it!! :smile:
  • gingermoon
    gingermoon Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I LOVE these!!

Mini Ranch Turkey Burgers
    Makes 12
    1 1/4 pound(s) (ground) turkey
    1 medium carrot, shredded, about 1/2 cup
    1 green onion, chopped
    1/4 cup(s) fat free ranch salad dressing, plus extra for topping
    teaspoon(s) pepper
    12 (mini ) potato rolls or other small buns, split
    lettuce, tomato and/or red onion, for garnish, optional

Directions
    Preheat grill. Combine ground turkey in a bowl with shredded carrot, green onion and dressing until blended, but don’t overmix.
    Shape turkey mixture into twelve 1/2-inch-thick mini burgers; sprinkle on both sides with pepper. Mist both sides of burgers with nonstick cooking spray.
    Place burgers on hot grill rack over medium heat; cook for 6 to 7 minutes, or until they reach desired doneness, turning once. If you like, toast rolls on grill during the last 2 minutes of cooking. Serve burgers on buns. Top with more ranch dressing, lettuce, tomato and/or red onion, if you like.
    Calories 142
    Total Fat 7g
    Saturated Fat 1g
    Cholesterol 38mg
    Sodium 158mg
    Total Carbohydrate 10g
    Dietary Fiber 1g
    Protein 10g
  • elainegsd
    elainegsd Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Yum! BUMP!
  • maryrunslikeafox
    maryrunslikeafox Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    bump
  • apfeiff
    Options
    I haven't cooked this yet, but the picture of it looked DELICIOUS! (I don't know how to post the pic)

Turkey Pesto Burgers

Ingredients:
    1lb ground turkey
    3 TBS basil pesto
    4 cloves garlic
    1/2 cup bread crumbs
    4 sliced Pepper Jack cheese
    4 Ciabatta rolls
    Cooking spray

Directions:
    1. Mince garlic.
    2. In a large bowl mix together turkey, pesto, garlic and bread crumbs.
    3. After ingredients are mixed well form the mixture into 4 patties. Preheat a large skillet to medium-high heat.
    5. Next turn the broiler in your oven on Low. Place the rolls on a cookie sheet and spray them with cooking spray. Place them in the broiler until the tops are golden brown.
    6. Place patties in the skillet. Cook for about 3 min on each side. When they are almost done place the cheese on top of the patties and cook until it is slightly melted.
    7. Spread a thin layer of pesto on the ciabatta roll and then place the patty on top.
    8. Serve and enjoy!

.... and it IS missing #4. The maker may have simply numbered these wrong. Sorry.
  • DHalaby73
    DHalaby73 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Mediterranean Turkey Burgers

Serve a light-and-fresh turkey burger flavored with pesto and feta cheese. Prepare a spicy and creamy tzatziki sauce to spread on the burgers or to serve on the side for dipping.

Prep Time: 30 minutes

Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 stuffed pita half)

Ingredients
    1/2 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
    1/4 cup (1 ounce) crumbled feta cheese
    1 tablespoon minced red onion
    2 tablespoons commercial pesto
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    1 pound ground turkey breast
    1 garlic clove, minced
    Cooking spray
    2 cups arugula
    2 (6-inch) whole-wheat pitas, toasted and halved
    Preparation
    1. Combine first 8 ingredients in a bowl; mix until combined. Divide panko mixture into 4 portions, shaping each into a 1/2-inch-thick oval patty.

2. Heat a nonstick grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add patties to pan; cook 6 minutes on each side or until done. Place 1 patty and 1/2 cup arugula in each pita half.

Tzatziki sauce: Combine 1/2 cup plain low-fat, Greek-style yogurt; 1/4 cup finely chopped seeded cucumber; 1/4 teaspoon salt; and 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper. Serve with sliced bell pepper and celery sticks.

Nutritional Information
    Calories:
    Fat:
    8.8g (sat 2.9g,mono 4.1g,poly 0.8g)
    Protein:
    33g
    Carbohydrate:
    24.3g
    Fiber:
    3g
    Cholesterol:
    56mg
    Iron:
    1.9mg
    Sodium:
    595mg
    Calcium:
    101mg
  • DHalaby73
    Options
    Turkey Burger Pitas with Tahini Sauce

Although many cooks consider sauce a condiment or an afterthought, Lisa Richardson developed this recipe around her homemade sauce based on store-bought tahini. Richardson enjoys creating recipes and encourages her 8-year-old daughter to get involved in cooking. "She has her own recipe cards on which she jots down her new dishes," she says.

Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 filled pita half)

Ingredients
    1/2 cup plain 2% Greek-style yogurt
    1 tablespoon tahini (sesame seed paste)
    1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
    1 garlic clove, minced
    Dash of salt
    1/4 cup chopped green onions
    3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon onion powder
    1 pound ground turkey
    Cooking spray
    2 (6-inch) whole-wheat pitas, cut in half
    4 green leaf lettuce leaves
    4 (1/4-inch) tomato slices
    Preparation
    1. Combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl.

2. Combine onions, parsley, 1/2 teaspoon salt, onion powder, and turkey in a large bowl. Divide mixture into 4 equal portions, shaping each into a 1/2-inch-thick patty.

3. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add patties to pan, and cook for 4 minutes on each side or until done.

4. Line each pita half with 1 lettuce leaf; add 1 patty, 1 tomato slice, and 2 tablespoons tahini sauce to each pita half.

Nutritional Information
    Calories:
    Fat:
    11.9g (sat 3.5g,mono 3.9g,poly 3.3g)
    Protein:
    30.6g
    Carbohydrate:
    21.1g
    Fiber:
    2.8g
    Cholesterol:
    73mg
    Iron:
    2.7mg
    Sodium:
    599mg
    Calcium:
    93mg
  • DHalaby73
    Options
    Mini Turkey Burgers with Gorgonzola

Try on toasted potato rolls. Make it a meal with oven-baked French fries and a salad.

Yield: 12 servings (serving size: 1 burger)

Ingredients
    1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    1 1/4 pounds ground turkey breast
    1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
    Cooking spray
    1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
    2 tablespoons minced sweet gherkin pickle (about 2 small)
    1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    12 (1-ounce) dinner rolls
    6 curly leaf lettuce leaves, torn in half
    Preparation
    Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Add cheese, stirring with a fork just until combined. Divide turkey mixture into 12 equal portions, shaping each into a 1/4-inch-thick patty.

Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add 4 patties; cook 2 minutes. Carefully turn patties over; cook 2 minutes or until done. Place patties on a large baking sheet in a single layer. Repeat procedure with remaining patties. Cool patties to room temperature. Cover with plastic wrap; freeze until firm. Place in a single layer in zip-top plastic bags; freeze up to 3 months.

Thaw patties overnight in refrigerator.

Preheat oven to 400º.

Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray. Place patties on baking sheet in a single layer; cover with foil. Bake 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Keep warm.

Combine mayonnaise, pickle, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl. Cut rolls in half horizontally. Spread about 1 teaspoon mayonnaise mixture on bottom half of each roll; top each with 1 turkey patty and 1 piece lettuce. Cover with tops of rolls. Serve immediately.

Nutritional Information
    Calories:
    169 (26% from fat)
    Fat:
    4.9g (sat 1.9g,mono 1.1g,poly 0.4g)
    Protein:
    14.5g
    Carbohydrate:
    17.1g
    Fiber:
    0.9g
    Cholesterol:
    23mg
    Iron:
    1.3mg
    Sodium:
    374mg
    Calcium:
    62mg
  • DHalaby73
    Options
    Sate Burgers

Peanuts, cilantro, brown sugar, lime juice, and fish sauce create the flavors of the Indonesian meat skewers called saté. Using equal amounts of ground turkey and pork keeps these burgers lean. Serve on a bed of brown rice with spinach and lime wedges.

Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 patty)

Ingredients
    1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
    1/4 cup finely chopped unsalted dry-roasted peanuts
    1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
    2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
    1 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce
    1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco)
    3 garlic cloves, minced
    3/4 pound ground pork
    3/4 pound ground turkey breast
    Cooking spray
    Preparation
    Prepare grill.

Combine first 11 ingredients. Divide mixture into 6 equal portions, shaping each into a 1/2-inch-thick patty.

Place patties on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer registers 165°. Remove from grill; let stand 5 minutes.

Nutritional Information
    Calories:
    166 (41% from fat)
    Fat:
    7.5g (sat 2.1g,mono 3.1g,poly 1.3g)
    Protein:
    20.1g
    Carbohydrate:
    4.9g
    Fiber:
    0.8g
    Cholesterol:
    49mg
    Iron:
    0.7mg
    Sodium:
    599mg
    Calcium:
    16mg
  • DHalaby73
    Options
    Quick and Easy Turkey Burgers

Serve these turkey burgers for a family-friendly weeknight meal. Teriyaki sauce and onions add just the right pizazz to this low-calorie main dish.

Yield: 4 servings
    1 burger

Ingredients
    1 pound ground turkey breast
    2 teaspoons garlic powder
    1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
    1/4 teaspoon black pepper
    3 tablespoons light teriyaki sauce
    1 tablespoon water
    Cooking spray
    1 large onion, cut into (1/4-inch-thick) slices (about 2 cups)
    1 teaspoon olive oil
    4 (1 1/2-ounce) hamburger buns
    8 (1/4-inch-thick) slices tomato
    4 curly leaf lettuce leaves
    Preparation
    Combine the first 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Divide the turkey mixture into 4 equal portions, shaping each portion into a 1/2-inch-thick patty. Combine the teriyaki sauce and water in a small bowl.

Place a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat until hot. Add the onion slices; cover and cook 10 minutes or until onion is golden brown, stirring frequently. Stir in 1 tablespoon teriyaki mixture. Remove onion from pan, and keep warm. Add olive oil to pan. Add patties, and cook 5 minutes over medium heat. Add 3 tablespoons teriyaki mixture to pan. Carefully turn patties over, and cook for 3 minutes or until golden. Place 1 patty on bottom half of each bun, and top each patty with 1/4 cup onion, 2 tomato slices, and 1 lettuce leaf. Top with remaining bun halves.

Note: You can freeze any uncooked turkey patties for up to 1 month. To freeze, separate the patties with wax paper; place them in a heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag, remove excess air, seal, and freeze. Thaw in the refrigerator.

Nutritional Information
    Calories:
    278 (15% from fat)
    Fat:
    4.7g (sat 1.2g,mono 1.3g,poly 1.4g)
    Protein:
    30g
    Carbohydrate:
    28.9g
    Fiber:
    2.4g
    Cholesterol: