Fiber One help!

Options
So I have known for a while that Fiber One has aspartame in it (yes, I know that will be a big shock to some of you), but I have continued eating it once or twice a day because it tastes so good, and because it provides so much fiber!

Are there any other low calorie/low sugar cereals out there that have a lot of fiber?

Replies

• rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    All Bran Original, All Bran Buds are two.
  • KrystalLight03
    Options
    What kind of Fiber One cereal are you referring to? I just checked the label on my Honey Clusters and I didn't see aspartame anywhere.
  • JenBrown0210
    JenBrown0210 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    Wow I didn't realize that! Thanks for the heads up, ill be looking for something different

Edit to say: my fiber one bars oats & chocolate do not have aspartame it say sugar. My fiber one cereal (just the plain fiber one) say aspartame as the last ingredient and has a asteric to say "phenylketonurics contains phenylalanine". No clue what that is. Hope this helps
  • spennato
    spennato Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    So I have known for a while that Fiber One has aspartame in it (yes, I know that will be a big shock to some of you), but I have continued eating it once or twice a day because it tastes so good, and because it provides so much fiber!

Are there any other low calorie/low sugar cereals out there that have a lot of fiber?

Sorry this is really No help to your question, but I just wanted to ask you how you think that stuff tastes good, I bought it once and threw it away it was sooo horrible........:noway:
  • Katherine912
    Katherine912 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Special K Protein Plus! Only 2 grams a sugar, 10 grams of protein and 5 grams of fiber per serving. Super yummy with raisins or banana slices and skim milk!
  • eating4balance
    eating4balance Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    What kind of Fiber One cereal are you referring to? I just checked the label on my Honey Clusters and I didn't see aspartame anywhere.

Original Fiber One Cereal- the weird shaped kind has aspartame in it. Every other kind of fiber one just has a lot of sugar, which I also don't want to eat :) Lol.. I know I am being difficult!
  • eating4balance
    Options

Sorry this is really No help to your question, but I just wanted to ask you how you think that stuff tastes good, I bought it once and threw it away it was sooo horrible........:noway:

I really liked it because it was mildly sweet. It took some getting used to, but now it is my staple cereal and I have it everyday.

No one else in my family likes it though, so I think I'm the weird one here :)
  • SarahR1984
    Options
    I too love fiber one! all bran is good too! My kiddies (2 and 4) eat it and love it! lol, those are the only ones I know of for a lot of fiber...
  • mislove68
    Options
    Oh geez I almost bought some fiber one last week but decided not to. I am allergic to Aspartame.

here is a link to the ingredients:
    http://www.zeer.com/Food-Products/Fiber-One-Bran-Cereal/000007477
  • Brannyrocks
    Options
    Kellogs fiber plus has two different cereals, one like cherrios, which I've tried pretty good tasting and no fake sugars. I can't have that stuff and recently bought a generic to try and had to toss it out when I realized it had the fake stuff in it.
  • 60HzShuffle
    Options
    I would lay off those things, the fiber comes from chicory root.

Just sayin...

http://www.urbanmonarch.com/fiber-one-chewy-bars-stomach-problems-gas/

You can get plenty of fiber from fruit and vegetables. Try Clif bars. Not as much fiber but I would say they are better for you :)
  • JenBrown0210
    Options

I really liked it because it was mildly sweet. It took some getting used to, but now it is my staple cereal and I have it everyday.

I love the fiber one bran cereal. Taste good, I find it mildy sweet. I also do half a bar of the oats and chocolate usualy. There is 10 grams of sugar per bar, but I do not eat a lot of things with sugar so I'm ok with it.

No one else in my family likes it though, so I think I'm the weird one here :)
  • JenBrown0210
    Options
    I would lay off those things, the fiber comes from chicory root.

Just sayin...

http://www.urbanmonarch.com/fiber-one-chewy-bars-stomach-problems-gas/

You can get plenty of fiber from fruit and vegetables. Try Clif bars. Not as much fiber but I would say they are better for you :)

We love Cliff bars! Yummy. I get them at sams club a great big box. My girls love them too.
  • eating4balance
    Options
    All Bran Original, All Bran Buds are two.

Thanks, but those both have high fructose corn syrup in them... I guess you just have to pick your poison. :sad:
  • TBirdGirl
    TBirdGirl Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Kashi Go Lean cereal. It's my fav! I love it on greek yogurt.
    * 13g Protein
    * 10g fiber
    * Low in Fat—1g
    * 8g of whole grains
  • anorton45
    Options
    Raisin Bran?

Kashi go lean?

Wheat Chex?
  • eating4balance
    Options
    Raisin Bran?

Kashi go lean?

Wheat Chex?

Thank you, I have heard a lot about Kashi go lean, and I will check that out.
  • nkteach
    Options
    I would suggest Kashi go lean too. Tastes great!
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I love my Fiber One Original Bran cereal, I'd even just take a servings worth in a baggie to work as one of mid-day snacks. So I was crushed to find out it had aspartame in it.

But now I get the Trader Joe's version of the original bran. It's also a "twiggy" bran cereal, tastes just as good and has no HFCS or aspartame.
  • eating4balance
    Options
    I love my Fiber One Original Bran cereal, I'd even just take a servings worth in a baggie to work as one of mid-day snacks. So I was crushed to find out it had aspartame in it.

But now I get the Trader Joe's version of the original bran. It's also a "twiggy" bran cereal, tastes just as good and has no HFCS or aspartame.

I only wish that I lived near a Trader Joe's or a Whole Foods Market :(

Do you know anywhere that you can buy Trader Joe's food online.