Replies

• Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    How about FREE DAY! Or free meal, whichever applies!:bigsmile:
  • GinaKurtz
    GinaKurtz Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I have splurges...not a whole day though, just a meal here & there. I'm trying to change my way of thinking so that I stay away from the bad things.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I use "splurge." I splurged last night at the Chinese Buffet. :smile:

I like the term "maintenance day."
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    How about "treat day" instead!?! ;)

love it!
  • slangford1
    Options
    I tend to think of them as "reward days." I've done so well for however long, so I'm going to reward myself by not being so stringent in what I eat.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    Why sweet talk it? You cheat on your diet, that's what you do. If you don't like the "term", don't do the "crime".
    This is so "differently abled"

Since you are on a diet and you are trying to stick to a meal plan, if you don't, you cheat. If you want to do it on a regular base, incorporate it into your meal plan and call it a "day".

I am not on a "diet" it is a lifestyle.

if you think of it as a diet, it will always feel like cheating to be like a real human being with flaws. at least thats how i see it!
  • twinwolf
    twinwolf Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Splurge day?

I like this one.. It says, this is the exception, not the rule!
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I call it the "I ran 10 miles dammit" day! :)
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Seems like for me it's called "Saturday and Sunday" otherwise known as "The Weekend" :blushing:
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    When I eat sweets it makes me crave them for days....I'm better off just passing on them. No cheat days for me : )
  • mountainwoman98
    mountainwoman98 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I call it my comfie day cause its usually a comfort food I splurge on if I do.
  • Sharont213
    Sharont213 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Hmmm.. I call "a day" .. it's not a cheat, it's not a splurge.. it's a day.. I know that I am making a lifestyle change and that some will be better than others.. It's not a single day that will make or break it .. string too many high days together, I won't be sucessful. But enjoying it once in awhile, that's called living.
  • liscar
    liscar Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I have one day a week I just eat at my maintenance calorie level ---- that's a 500 calorie bonus, but I don't go crazy with bad choices, I just get to eat more. This day is always on the day that I don't exercise as well to let the body recover.
  • Wolffeathers
    Options
    I just call them cheat days. Even though, on days that I "cheat", I end up below my recommendations (not tonight though, that whiskey is calling me :) )
  • te2mi4jo
    Options
    I call it my "free day". I'm super strict during the week, and allow myself to have a nice dinner night on Saturdays. That way, sucking it up during the week isn't so bad knowing I have something to look forward to!
  • AEB_WV
    AEB_WV Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    It's not cheating if you plan for it. Not sure what you would call it....Allowance Day? That's the day you get rewarded for working hard!
  • imperfectlyhere
    Options
    free day...
  • charityateet
    charityateet Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I call it the "I ran 10 miles dammit" day! :)

You rock!!!

My husband calls it my day off. I like that. I make good chioces still but might indulge a little bit. Mostly, I don't stick to my 5-6 meals a day - it's more snacking through the day and bigger main meals.
  • stacy7533
    stacy7533 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Seems like for me it's called "Saturday and Sunday" otherwise known as "The Weekend" :blushing:

Me too! Friday night thru Sunday night. LOL.
  • SortaBadass
    SortaBadass Posts: 46 Member
    Options

Hehe, I love this!

I tend to approach this by asking if I'm on track for the week, not for the day. If I've been good all week then I'll eat what I want, whether it's Friday night or Tuesday afternoon. If not, then I've already been living pretty large and probably don't need more. I just call it life. :)