Good Morning MFP - 2 weeks In - New Member

Options
Morning All,

My name is Andy and I'm from the UK. I have suffered as a yo-yo dieter for over 15 years after banging on the pounds towards the end of my school years. I have tried every diet possible, from the 14 in 4 to the Cambridge, non of which have been a success.

I have been using MFP on my iPhone now for just over 2 weeks and have lost 10lb so far! I'm still eating the foods I like and it's more of a culture change this time around rather than a diet.

After ripping up all the take-away menus and deleting the numbers from my phone I have found I am eating more healthy by cooking myself and counting what’s exactly in the food I eat.

I'm looking to be in this one for the long haul as there's a lot of pounds to shed so I thought I would pop in here and say Hi.

Good luck to you all on your journeys, and keep you chin up! If not people can see you smile! :happy:

Cheers

Andy

Replies

• Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome to MFP, there are lots of us here from the UK, I'm in S. Wales. Feel free to add me as a friend if you want.
  • tinkerbell1964
    Options
    well done Andy , that's a really good start , keep up the good work , this site works :drinker:
  • welcominganewself
    Options
    Great job so far! I agree this site is not about dieting as much as it is about learning how to change your life style.
  • mightymaiden
    mightymaiden Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Welcome fella, you wont go far wrong on here lol. Well done on the loss already.
  • lisastevens27
    Options
    Hey Andy. I'm from the UK too. I actually thought I was reading about me then lol. Good Luck. This site is amazing and gets me through everyday!

Lisa