hello out there!!

Options
hi my name is Josie, and im 34 years old with diabetes, trying to do this health thing:happy: its really hard but slowly im doing it, my weakness is nighttime eating, i do good in the daytime but once it hits primetime, i just want to shove food down my throat like theres no tomorrow lol. im trying different things to keep myself distracted but nothing has worked so far,so i went to the library today and got some books, maybe reading will distract me. sooo anyway, hope to meet some new friends along the way to weight loss.:happy:

Replies

• Nanadena
    Nanadena Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    This is the place to get support and info. Welcome!
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Josie do you have type I or type 2?
  • celebrityami
    celebrityami Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello Josie,
    This site will really help you if you are looking for distractions. You can communicate with people who have a common interest as you, find tips and vent when you need to. I am at the beginning of my journal and I feel that this site has helped a lot. I know you can do it and get your self in great health for your family. Good Luck! :happy:
  • Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This site has some great tools and also there's a great community here as well.
  • Harrison21
    Options
    Thank you for ur support. I am looking forward to this next 30 days.
  • countrymom75
    countrymom75 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    HI JOSIE,
    HAVING DIABETES IS EVEN A BIGGER REASON TO GET HEALTHY. MY DAD HAS IT AND I KNOW IT IS HARD ON HIM. HE LIKES TO SNACK TOO. WELL I DO TOO. I FOUND IF I EAT DINNER JUST A LITTLE LATER IT HELPS. WE USE TO EAT AT 5ISH NOW I AIM FOR 6 OR SO. BUT STILL HAVE TIME TO HAVE A SMALL SNACK AFTER DINNER IF IT DIDNT' FILL ME UP. BUT I TRY NOT TO EAT AT ALL AFTER DINNER. YOUR BODY SLOWS DOWN AT NIGHT SO THE MORE YOU EAT THE LESS IT HAS A CHANCE TO BREAK DOWN, WHICH TURNS INTO FAT. :( I DO EXERCISING IN THE EVENING SOMETIMES WHICH MEANS I AM NOT SITTING WATHING TV WITH MY HUSBAND AND HAVING A DESIRE TO EAT.
    ANYWAY, WELCOME TO THE SIGHT AND I AM SURE YOU WILL GET OTHER HELP FROM THE GREAT PEOPLE ON HERE. LOOKING FORWARD TO HEARING YOUR SUCCESSES AND ENCOURAGING YOU WHEN YOU NEED IT.
    HAVE A GREAT WEEK.
    PS. IT IS PROVEN THAT IF YOU DO SOMETHING FOR 21 DAYS STRAIGHT IT WILL BECOME A HABIT. SO TRY NOT EATING OR REDUCE WHAT YOU EAT AFTER DINNER FOR 21 DAYS AND SEE IF IT WORKS? WORTH A TRY.
  • jbslatina
    Options
    Its hard to diet but its harder to stay focus...but its time to take control
  • atlraine
    atlraine Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hello & Welcome aboard! You will LOVE the motivation and encouragement here. It does help knowing others are struggling in teh same things you are. If you stick to it, it works. I left for a few months, kept the weight off, but now I'm back and I've lost 8lbs since January (I've been a member since 2010).

Feel free to add me as a friend and I will help encourage you to a HEALTHIER YOU!!

By the way, diabetes runs in my family history and aside from being overweight, I have been blessed at being healthy on the inside. My first cousin who only weighs 114lbs tries hard to control her sugar levels/diabetes. I feel for both of you and know your struggles because I see her struggle. Keep trudging along!
  • atlraine
    atlraine Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This site has some great tools and also there's a great community here as well.

Panda Jack,
    I love your signature line! I use it all the time when people say, 'Should you be eating that?' My response is usually, 'I exercise to eat what I love!'
  • Silver0713
    Silver0713 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    i am type 2, i am hoping if i get straight on my eating and keep exercising i wont have to stay on my medicine :)
  • Silver0713
    Silver0713 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    wow, all of you sound amaaazing, i feel like this is the first time i might actually be able to do this, yaaay!!!
    4955319.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter