Like minded lushes -Februay 2011

Options

Replies

• JaimeLaRae
    JaimeLaRae Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Hahaha...I think I just found my friends... I know a huge part of my weight gain has been due to drinking. But i really don't like to think about not having my vino either! LOL
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Ok, I have to set a goal for the week. I know, Wednesday will be a bottle of wine. Then, I will contend with the weekend. I am in a contest that weighs in every Monday. When I get knocked out, I lose my chance at $100.00. So, I at least have to maintain.

Problems, problems, problems

Here is the plan for the week:

Monday, 0 drinks
    Tuesday, 0 drinks
    Wednesday, bottle of wine (that's like, 5, right?)
    Thursday, 0 drinks
    Friday, skinny margaritas 600 cals for the whole bottle
    Saturday, 0 drinks
    Sunday, guzzle water like a mo fo

Goal <12...wiggle room for an extra one:bigsmile:
  • ripple64
    Options
    Yes, home for me too!! I live in a resort town, my boyfriend is a bartender, and I looooove wine! I'd rather not eat dinner if I can't have a glass of wine or two with my dinner. Then there are the big party nights too. I know that makes a huge difference in my health and fitness level, and I struggle with it every day.

Goal is needed! :)
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Ok, I have to set a goal for the week. I know, Wednesday will be a bottle of wine. Then, I will contend with the weekend. I am in a contest that weighs in every Monday. When I get knocked out, I lose my chance at $100.00. So, I at least have to maintain.

Problems, problems, problems

Here is the plan for the week:

Monday, 0 drinks
    Tuesday, 0 drinks
    Wednesday, bottle of wine (that's like, 5, right?)
    Thursday, 0 drinks
    Friday, skinny margaritas 600 cals for the whole bottle
    Saturday, 0 drinks
    Sunday, guzzle water like a mo fo

Goal <12...wiggle room for an extra one:bigsmile:
    Good luck, you can do it and win the $$!!

PS I am pretty blind, 1 bottle in, 1 to go. :laugh: and still under cals so far.....LOL :drinker:
  • faithikins
    Options
    OMG I love sparkling wine and music. Hahaahhaa. :drinker: Best part of my long s**t week with abusive people. *dances*
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Yesterday,
    Kaluha with coffee in the morning.
    Champagne around 10 AM
    Bottle of Kendall Jacskson for lunch (we had steak and lobster)
    a few cherry rums in the afternoon

Burnt the SHlT out of my hand fixing the pulled pork, was crying a lot (it really hurt) DH gave me a Vicodin to help ease some pain.

I still feel a little funny this morning.
  • faithikins
    Options
    I hope your hand feels better soon :(

Lobster YUM.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Robin, OUCH, that smarts...I'm telling you, right?
    Ripple, good luck with the goals. They are NO fun.
    Faith, hope you enjoyed your evening...bottoms up

OK, My official weight loss for this month is 4.4 lbs...now, I just have to keep this up for a year:frown: I think that might constitute a lifestyle change.
  • 008Lizzy
    008Lizzy Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Got as far as buying some lemonade for my spritzer today, no soda in the shop..but here I am, in my kitchen, long hard day, and glass of sauvignon in hand :drinker: Ocht sod it!! :bigsmile:
  • faithikins
    Options
    I really want a big mac meal for lunch today :grumble:
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Have to get back onto this thread..terrible weekend..think I drank close to 600 calories in red wine on Saturday. Ughh!!!!
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Glass of red wine again tonight, oh well :ohwell:
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Do eeet Faith! I am so glad I had a couple weekends ago...I had a craving, I ate it, loved it, and moved on. I probably won't want another one for months.

I am struggling today. I'm physically and mentally exhausted...I did some yoga during my planning period, but had to quit because I was all shaky from hunger. (My "lunch" was about an hour later than normal due to testing.) Then, after school, I've tried to do two different Turbo Fire workouts and quit both. I. Just. Couldn't. Do. It.

^That^ being said, I'm definitely abstaining tonight, going to be early, and try to remember that tomorrow is a new day. (How's that for cliched?)
  • charityateet
    charityateet Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I don't plan on drinking tonight - It's Monday and I don't really have a reason - plus I drank last night and I try not to drink on Sundays but if it happens, so be it.

Hope everyone is doing good with their goals.

I do have to say, after drinking every single night for the past at least year - it has been easier to quit than I thought it'd be....I think it was just a bad habbit that I had to break. Saying that, I do have to say that I look forward to the weekend much more now!!!!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    going to Parisi for dinner tonight and I think I will have a glass of red wine. I tend to be able to stick to a glass of red wine whereas I cannot stick to a single beer or marg or vodka drink.
  • delilah514
    delilah514 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I really want a big mac meal for lunch today :grumble:

Did you end up getting a Big Mac?

I was a bit hungover yesterday. Not to bad considering I drank like 11 beers the day before (LOL I think it was that many could have been more). I was so bad. Mighty McMuffin for breakfast on the way home from friends house. Then for lunch we went back out and I got a Strawberry Thick Shake from Maccas & then went to Hungry Jacks for a Whopper & Onion Rings. My boyfriend made a stop at Red Rooster for his hang over meal. So bad we actually stopped at 3 fast food places on one food run! They were all right next door to each other so we did not have to go far.

Good news after all that drinking & the food only up 1.5 pounds this morning. That is just amazing to me. Should have it off soon I am being so good today :)
  • biggiej1960
    Options
    I drank 4 or 5 days a week for the last 35 years, exclussively beer but with a tremendous tolerance this is where all of my weight problems stem from. When i started my weightloss journey in June I told my buddies I was taking the first 60 days with no beer. i did it and lost almost 50 pounds. I now reserve 1 afternoon a week for hanging out with buddies and drinking beer. I build it into my exercise program so that I do not go over my calorie limit. This seems to be working for me. I started June 12th at 486 and weighed 353 on Sat.
  • charityateet
    charityateet Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I drank 4 or 5 days a week for the last 35 years, exclussively beer but with a tremendous tolerance this is where all of my weight problems stem from. When i started my weightloss journey in June I told my buddies I was taking the first 60 days with no beer. i did it and lost almost 50 pounds. I now reserve 1 afternoon a week for hanging out with buddies and drinking beer. I build it into my exercise program so that I do not go over my calorie limit. This seems to be working for me. I started June 12th at 486 and weighed 353 on Sat.

That totally ROCKS dude!!!!
  • jae6704
    jae6704 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    i really enjoy having a few glasses of wine a week, but now because of calories I am switching to select 55. Not the same, but it works while being around my family anyways.
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Amy, I'm the same way with wine...I should probably stock some in the house. I'm so jealous that you're doing the 5280 Week. I used to do it before the kids...now it's my parents going every other night. :laugh:

I am weak. I'm drinking a vodka soda right now. :embarassed: Oh well.