30 Day Shred Challenge

Options

Replies

• wondergirl1003
    wondergirl1003 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I finally opened the DVD and decided to check out what we're in store for tomorrow. That twenty minutes goes by quickly. I'm sure I won't be thinking that in the morning though! Good luck ladies, can't wait to see how everyone changes over the next month. Didn't someone say something about a pledge?
  • 123nikki123
    Options
    I finally opened the DVD and decided to check out what we're in store for tomorrow. That twenty minutes goes by quickly. I'm sure I won't be thinking that in the morning though! Good luck ladies, can't wait to see how everyone changes over the next month. Didn't someone say something about a pledge?

Oh you'll be sweating...lol...yes, I created a pledge!
  • brittanymonster
    Options
    I'm in the last challenge, I think I'll try this one as well. :D

"brittanymonster"
  • lizzyb0601
    lizzyb0601 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm here... I will measure myself tonight :)
  • wondergirl1003
    Options
    Day one of the shred, done. Pretty good burn for 20 minutes. I'm using 5 lb weights and I feel like my arms are going to fall off. As for measurements, I took them this morning, but forgot to bring the paper with me, so I'll post those later tonight. Happy shredding!
  • ct1986
    ct1986 Posts: 200
    Options
    Alright so since my normal weigh in day is Friday we'll go with that but I'll do all of the measurements on Mondays.

Stats 2/28/11
    Weight: 216.4 lbs.
    Chest: 43"
    Waist: 40"
    Hips: 51.25"
    Upper arm: 16.25"
    Upper Thigh: 27.75"

Off to get moving. Have a great day guys.
  • melanie76
    melanie76 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have been reading this site for about 2 months and just this morning finally found my motivation and I am ready!!!!!!! Is it too late to join this? I have the shred (just need to find it, lol). I can get you my measurements, where do I send them. I havent used this site much, just love everyone's stories, now I want my own!
  • m0_0m
    m0_0m Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    So far this is the list I've come up with for participants:
    123Nikki123
    redpiggy
    bballgrrl34
    tiger87lilly
    canucklove
    tanniew78
    ronnieabc
    wondergirl1003
    mommyrobot
    shanna5
    shannonshock13
    aysegril2
    merrillfoster
    ciatyb14
    rtmpmm
    rosieg
    jessielg
    juliemval

If I missed someone please add your name as a reply with qoutes to e added to the spread sheet.

I would like to join too! "m0_0m"
  • m0_0m
    m0_0m Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Also, I wanted to add..
    Those who don't own 30 day shred, if you have Comcast cable TV it is pretty much always on demand for free. That's how I use it.
    AND
    those who don't have a tape measure, just use string and a ruler for now. ;)

Lets do this!
  • lizzyb0601
    lizzyb0601 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Just wondering how everyone is logging this into their journal.
  • wondergirl1003
    Options
    Just wondering how everyone is logging this into their journal.

I have a HRM watch that I bought for around 50 bucks at a sporting goods store. I know you can get them cheaper than I did, I got one that measures all kinds of stuff. I created my own exercise "30day shred (lvl 1)" and this morning the HRM said I burned 377 calories. That kinda seems like a lot, but if it's consistent per day, I'll take it.
  • stephcorona
    stephcorona Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    hey ill join the challenge. I am on day 5 right now and so far am doing it every day. I would love the extra motivation!
  • stephcorona
    stephcorona Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    can you add me to the list "stephcorona"
  • ct1986
    ct1986 Posts: 200
    Options
    So far this is the list I've come up with for participants:
    123Nikki123
    redpiggy
    bballgrrl34
    tiger87lilly
    canucklove
    tanniew78
    ronnieabc
    wondergirl1003
    mommyrobot
    shanna5
    shannonshock13
    aysegril2
    merrillfoster
    ciatyb14
    rtmpmm
    rosieg
    jessielg
    juliemval
    ct1986

If I missed someone please add your name as a reply with qoutes to e added to the spread sheet.

I would like to join too! "m0_0m"
  • dnpamorgan
    dnpamorgan Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Is there anyway I can be added? dnpamorgan :)
  • tanniew78
    tanniew78 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    So, dont boot me out, but I only managed 5 minutes of Shred. I am not going to say I just cant do it... Because I CAN. However, I can tell right now its going to be a process. Im going to try to increase my time by 1 minute a day. By the end of this challenge its my goal to do the whole thing. LOVED moving though, Ill definitely be doing this. Even if Im booted for not completing the whole 25 minutes.
  • tanniew78
    tanniew78 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Ok, got my 6 minutes in today already. Beating my 5 for yesterday. Which just means I made it to the second round of push ups. Its embarrassing to be this out of shape. I also have to do my C25K training later. Joy. My body hurts from all that bouncing around I did. lol. Its not pleasant to do jumping jacks at 385lbs. However, I got to move. Im determined to do this.
  • TabbyJustice
    TabbyJustice Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Ok, got my 6 minutes in today already. Beating my 5 for yesterday. Which just means I made it to the second round of push ups. Its embarrassing to be this out of shape. I also have to do my C25K training later. Joy. My body hurts from all that bouncing around I did. lol. Its not pleasant to do jumping jacks at 385lbs. However, I got to move. Im determined to do this.

I just wanted to say great job at your attempt. It's okay if you cannot do the whole thing (I still have to catch my breath in parts of the beginning). I admire you for pushing yourself and keeping a positive outlook!
  • brittanymonster
    Options
    Ugh, day 2 done and I feel like I'm gonna throw up.
  • ronnieabc
    ronnieabc Posts: 23
    Options
    Ok everyone hope you are all surviving! Some parts are harder than heck and others I am surprising myself on! I have a group of myself and 4 other friends doing this with me a few days at work and I will continue to do the other days at home on my own. I am really liking this challenge. I can tell it is going to make me stronger both in muscle strength as well as endurance! I also asked a friend of mine who has been "talking" about needing to add working out to her routine and she is stepping up to it as well. I am so excited.

If your having trouble with parts or all of the video just keep moving. Take breaks when you absolutely need to but try to take smaller and shorter breaks each day!

This is just the beginning but what a happy ending it will have! 30 day challenge - 2 down and 28 to go!