March Calorie Marathan - Stay under cal goal every day!

Johnnygirl777
Johnnygirl777 Posts: 142
edited September 24 in Fitness and Exercise
After giving into pizza last night I realized that I don't want to have calorie overage days, for awhile. I really feel like buckling down and thought the month of march is the perfect month to do it and gear up for summer.

I'm going to even take before and after photos because we can get a lot done in a month of really sticking to our calorie and fitness goasl.

Who's with me!?

Amy

Replies

• That sounds like a good idea!!

Please count me in to your challenge ;-)
  • pftjill
    pftjill Posts: 488
    I don't know what your calorie goal is, but it is there to show you what you would need to lose the weight you want. It is taking into account your BMR-what your body needs. So how about you goal be to stay near it and not go above it, instead of staying under-that sounds scary. Just be healthy!!
  • EFF yah Amykins. I am down. Let's do dis.
  • Barelmy
    Barelmy Posts: 590 Member
    I'm in.:)
  • Barelmy
    I'm going to go ahead and post my before stats. Anyone is welcome to copy my style, though they don't have to.:)

28th February 2011;

Weight: 129lbs
    Neck: 12
    Waist: 27.5
    Hips: 35.9
    BMI/Body Fat Percentage: 21.1/22.9%

Photos:

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j99/Yunalookalike/MMBefore001.jpg
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j99/Yunalookalike/MMBefore002.jpg
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j99/Yunalookalike/MMBefore003.jpg

Goals for the Month:

* Carry on with Cto5k - I'm just starting week 2, and it's going better than I'd hoped!
    * Drink enough water.
    * Increase lean muscle mass, and drop my body fat percentage to 22.5%. I don't so much mind what my weight and BMI do.
    * Get that waist measurement down to 27.
    * Practice kicking at head hight until I can reliably and efficiently break an attackers nose.:D
    * See a firmer, flatter, stomach.
    * Eat better when I'm with my boyfriend. At the moment, because I'm a vegan, he doesn't know what to feed me, and I really don't want to buy food to keep at his place, carry food over from my place, or ask him to buy food for me (it's a new relationship). So we end up grabbing snacks, and food from the McDonalds next door.
    * Try to up my protein consumption.
    * Run an entire mile!
    - In under eight minutes!
  • Yay to all of your joining!! I love the support this is great!

pftjill - Let me clarify what I mean by staying under your calorie goal... basically not going over it. So if you're calorie goal is 1,200 for the day, meaning 1,197 or 1,205 is great, just not rocketing over it like I did last night with my pizza.

To see where we all get in one straight month of sticking to our goals and really getting focused :)
  • Count me in!! I'm looking for a little challenge this month because last month I didn't do so good.
  • Barelmy - Love your goals!

My goal is to stick close to my calorie goal, within 25 cals below or above.
    6 days a week working out
    Lower my body fat
    Get up to 3+ ab workouts a week (currently slacking at 1-3)
    Start running and utilizing my apartment gym
    Move up into a whole new level of weights
    See new definition in my body, especially my legs
  • Welcome naturalbeauty47! I too didn't do great last month, my workouts were better but eating got worse.
  • hungrymarathongirl
    hungrymarathongirl Posts: 444 Member
    Great idea! During the week, I have no problems staying under. It's the weekends that kill me. Count me in too!
  • mom2jh - Same, I'm practically an angel at work, weekends are just terrible so that will be the tough part!

Glad to have you join :)
  • Count me in too! I've been off this past week and was over my cal. count a couple of times. I go back to work tomorrow, going back to a normal schedule will be nice for everyone :happy:
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    I'm in! What a great idea...and SOOOO attainable! Thanks for the post and the idea!
  • Roleigh & wriglucy - WELCOME!!

Alright everyone, today is day one! What's everyone's workout plans & calorie goals for tonight?

My goal is:

Do an hour of kickboxing & stay at 1,450 calories :)
  • RichB77
    RichB77 Posts: 88
    Oooh measurements (!!!!!!)
    Aaarrgggh!
    I don't like giving these as i'm not where i wanna be!!! However, in the spirit of things, and in the hope that by the end of March there is a marked improvement, i'll put mine on once i've fininshed work.
    And i feel everyone's pain about the weekends!!!
    :drinker:
  • Rich - I don't blame you, I don't want to post my measurements either :)

Last night I worked out, ate well and came under my calorie goal! Tonight I will be doing weight lifting and abs and going to the grocery to store to make sure I have some healthy options :)
  • Barelmy
    Personally, I find I keep myself more accountable if I know I have public stats to update.:) Doesn't work for everyone.
  • Barelmy - You're brave, I respect it for sure!

Alright everyone... tell me what you're doing today.

Day 3 - March Challenge - Tonight I'm doing an hour of cardio and abs, taking a break from the weights for a day to get my sweat on. Yesterday I was under my calorie goal again :) What are you doing today?
  • RichB77
    RichB77 Posts: 88
    I'll compromise on the stats:- i'll report them at the END of March, that gives me even more focus and i wanna be proud of what i've accomplished!
    The reason i'm here at all is to lose weight and be in better shape for summer.
    Oh, and most importantly:
    March Challenge Day 3: Goal Calories: 1690, actual: 1617.
    Thanks for the motivation peeps, keep burning those calories!

:flowerforyou:
  • Barelmy
    I did my regular two hours of krav maga training.

I was supposed to be doing a mystery shopping assignment for lunch today, but I moved it to another time. I needed to order certain things, which I already had down in my diary. I'd also been letting myself get a bit hungry, so I could really appreciate it. If I'm going to eat a high calorie meal, I am damn well going to enjoy it!

But, yeah, once I moved it, I stopped by Cranberry, a little stall which sells lots of 'healthy' snacks, ie, vegan sweeties. Things like dried cherries, and flavoured cashews, and dark chocolate covered almonds. Heaven tastes like chocolate covered almonds. And real turkish delight, which is the perfect vegan sweetie - pure sugar! Some of it with coconut and walnuts and yummy yum yum yum.

Then, because my timing was all messed up, I didn't have time to eat properly before training. So, after training, I stopped for chips and a scallop (deep fried battered potato). I could afford the calories and saturated fat, but it's really done a number on my nutrients. I usually only get one of those at a time. I'd already earmarked a big vegan bacon sarnie as my treat/protein, so I was a tad disappointed. Plus, that would have gotten me so much more of my nutrients.
This discussion has been closed.