HI EVERYONE!

Options
I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH DIABETES 2 YEARS AGO. I HAD TO LOOSE WEIGHT AND I DID, DOWN TO 175 BUT I HAVE GAINED IT BACK. I HAVE TRIED TO LOOSE WEIGHT BUT MY SUCCESS RATE THIS TIME STINKS!!! SO I AM HERE TO BE MOTIVATED AND HELP MOTIVATE. SO MOTIVATE ME!!!!!!

Replies

• bluerose1025
    Options
    Hello, I was diagnosed 3.5 years ago with type 2 Diabetes. I have not lossed the weight nor have I gotten my A1C lowered now is time for me to stop playing with my health and do it. Can you give me any advice or help on how you lossed weight and lower my A1C?
  • chynapassion
    chynapassion Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    IN THE MORNINGS I WOULD TAKE MULTIPLE FRUIT CHUNKS ,ICE, CRYSTAL LIGHT, POWDERED MILK AND PUT IN THE BLENDER AND THAT WAS MY BREAKFAST. 2 HOURS LATER I WOULD EAT A PIECE OF FRUIT. LUNCH WAS A TURKEY SANDWICH, BOTTLE OF WATER SOMETIME WITH CRYSTAL LIGHT OR A SALAD WITH CRANBERRIES, TOMATOES, CELERY, ONIONS CUCUMBERS A LIL SHARP CHEEDAR CHEESE AND SOME CRUTONS WITH A SMALL PIECE OF FISH OR CHICKEN AND I WOULD REPEAT THE SAME FOR DINNER WITH THE SALAD. I WALKED EVERYDAY WITH MY DOG AND EXERCISED ON THE TREADMILL, STEPPER, AND BIKE CUT GRASS AT THE HOTTEST TIME OF THE DAY NONSTOP TIL I FINISHED AND THATS HOW I DID IT. BUT RT NOW I JUST CANT GET MOTIVATED TO DO IT AGAIN. I STARTED AT 220 AND MADE IT TO 176 THAT YEAR. SO GOOD LUCK. MAYBE YOU CAN MOTIVATE ME TO GET BACK ON TRACK!
  • ckaone1013
    ckaone1013 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I feel the fact that you recognize you need to do something about it is a great thing and you should pat yourself on the back for that. Staying motivated is very hard for me too. I do well one day and do horrible the next. I am trying to set mini goals for myself. My goal for today and the rest of the week is to post everything I eat regardless of how bad it is. We can do it, one day at time!:smile:
  • chynapassion
    chynapassion Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I AM GOING TO TRY THE MINI GOALS AND INPUTTING ALL FOODS I EAT EVERY DAY. MAYBE THATS WHAT I NEED INSTEAD OF TRYING SO HARD! THANKS!:happy:
  • northernpie
    Options
    G'day Chyna,

I am in basically the same position as you. 2 Years ago I was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes and High Cholesterol (both were at levels so dangerous I should have been in a coma) I started out at 185 kgs (yep 407lbs). I changed my life completely and after around 12 months I had gotten down to 128kg (282lbs) My sugar levels and Cholesterol were all back to normal as well..I was feeling awesome. I was exercising daily and feeling fantastic when I was struck down with severe chest pains. over the last 8 months I have had 2 stints in hospital (one in the ICU). I have been cleared of heart problems but I still experience pain in my chest when I exercise, so basically I have been able to do very, very little. I am an emotional eater and when I could not exercise without pain I rapidly became really depressed and fell back into some (not all) of my old eating habits, adding to that is that I seem to be one of those people where Diet alone is not enough for me to lose weight, I need to exercise. I am now at 147kgs (324 pounds) *sigh.....I am determined not to put back on 20kgs though and luckily a friend of mine was giving her Iphone away and I found this App.

I Turn 40 in around 27 weeks and I determined to get my weight down as low as possible in that time, but by doing it the healthy way. I look forward to following your progression and gaining some inspiration along the way :)

Cheers
  • dwinny
    dwinny Posts: 10
    Options
    Welcome! I can relate to the fluctuating weight loss! We're all here to help! Wanting it is the first step.
  • blittle40
    blittle40 Posts: 31
    Options
    Hey guys, don't lose hope...just take it day by day and small steps..each day you add on...its not a change that can be made in a week or month...eat small amounts throughout the day so your levels stay consistent. If you need anything just let me know and I will do what I can...I am a fitness professional and I love helping ppl...
  • bluerose1025
    Options
    Thanks I am new to the site and I would like to add you as a friend but I do not know how?
    Thanks for offering your help it will be needed.