Carbonation?

Options
I have officially given up pop all of all kinds but I love carbonated water. I have heard from several sources that carbonation hinders weight lose. Is this true?

Replies

• _CowgirlUp_
    _CowgirlUp_ Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I would be interested to see the answer to this question too. I don't know if it hinders weight loss or not but I know when I drink pop or other carbonated beverages (beer!) my stomach bloats to the point where I couldn't hold my belly in if I HAD to!! Therefore, I try to limit my carbonated beverages as well.
  • danielleeeee
    Options
    I did a quick google search... and it seems that carbonated water does not contribute to weight gain, and that drinking it can actually assist in weight loss since the gases can make you feel fuller. Other carbonated drinks (ones with sugar and other additives), however, can contribute to weight gain.

http://www.sophisticatededge.com/does-carbonated-water-cause-weight-gain.html
  • ms_erica
    ms_erica Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    i gave carbonated drinks up because i has been one of the main reason why my stomach was excessively bloated...to the point that people thought i was pregnant :explode: its been 2 weeks and my stomach has gone down a lot
  • Sams111
    Sams111 Posts: 7
    Options
    Well I don't usually have bloating problems so I am highly considering adding back in carbonated water to my diet. (Especially if it makes me feel fuller!) =) Thanks for the advice!