Like minded lushes -Februay 2011

Options
1171819202123»

Replies

• missy0404
    missy0404 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    glad i found this thread! My weakness is red wine and bud light! and mostly just on the weekends! Can't give it up so I will just have to count the calories and workout like a mad woman
  • jschwarz3531
    Options
    I really want a big mac meal for lunch today :grumble:

Did you end up getting a Big Mac?

I was a bit hungover yesterday. Not to bad considering I drank like 11 beers the day before (LOL I think it was that many could have been more). I was so bad. Mighty McMuffin for breakfast on the way home from friends house. Then for lunch we went back out and I got a Strawberry Thick Shake from Maccas & then went to Hungry Jacks for a Whopper & Onion Rings. My boyfriend made a stop at Red Rooster for his hang over meal. So bad we actually stopped at 3 fast food places on one food run! They were all right next door to each other so we did not have to go far.

Good news after all that drinking & the food only up 1.5 pounds this morning. That is just amazing to me. Should have it off soon I am being so good today :)

i love this post for its pure honesty haha! i have days like this and find myself just saying things like "I was lushy this weekend" and always wondering if anyone else drinks a 12 pack and eats a whole pizza every once in a while LOL.

Monday= 4 drinks for me, wine with dinner and 3 beers at darts tonight.

Hopefully it will be a good week. Back to work (groan) so at least it will be better than last week by default!!

Happy Monday lushes :)
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I didn't have the big mac meal, and made 2 chicken burgers at home which cut about 400 cals compared to a big mac meal. Feeling very ugh today especially with the heat here. :frown:
  • amydcarlson
    amydcarlson Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hello again, fellow lushes! A special thanks to Soccerdot for alerting me to this thread (I didn't know it had rolled over). I've been taking it easy on the drinking for the last couple of weeks because I'm trying to adjust to some new antidepressants, and I want to know what effects are actually from the meds, but I had a couple of shots the other night, and boy....my tolerance has gone down! I'm not sure whether it is due to the weight I have lost, or the the new meds, or a combination, but WOAH! I had a good night that night, and felt great the next day, but OMG: I was eating like a human garbage disposal the next day! I went over by almost 1,000 calories. Thank God for MFP, because I never would have thought twice about the food I put into my mouth, but now I am aware, and it's a bit scary sometimes, lol! Anyway, I swam for an hour the day after and burned most of those calories off, but the lesson is: PACE YOURSELF! I think this is especially important since we are literally shrinking. :happy:
    Happy weight-loss, and a big "cheers" to my drinking MFP buddies! :drinker:

~Amy
  • SmellyMelly13
    Options
    Hello lushes! Learned some painful lessons about my apparently much lower alchohol tolerance now... From now on no more trying to keep up with my bigger friends and the boys...

EPIC blackout, I wish I even knew how many shots I did. Sunday morning was me being the broken record of "I'm NEVER doing that again.."

I figure the thought of how drunk and stupid I was being during that blackout should keep me booze free atleast until the weekend... I may even skip a dinner out tomorrow night for a bootcamp class. Although the jury is still out on that one :D
  • MsKittyCAT
    MsKittyCAT Posts: 217
    Options
    I'm gonna have to keep checking in here. In the past I've sworn off alcohol when I'm really serious about losing weight but there is just too much stress in my life right now for that to be a real option. When I get the rare night out I'm just gonna have a drink and not beat myself up over it dammit!
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Ok I indulged and had the big mac meal plus a cheeseburger. My belly is already in slight pain etc and I know I am seriously going to pay for it later (as I have IBS). It was nice though to have a bit of a splurge, as I know I'll be back into it tomorrow. :happy:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
  • PamDW
    PamDW Posts: 246
    Options
    For those of us that like to drink red wine... here are some articles that will make you go "Cheer!"
    http://circ.ahajournals.org/cgi/content/full/111/2/e10

http://juvenon.com/jhj/vol4no11.htm
  • MsKittyCAT
    MsKittyCAT Posts: 217
    Options
    I have avoided alcohol since I started calorie counting/food diary. Is there a good reference for alcohol calories? I know I'm going to want to drink at a party on Saturday so need to know what I can get away with and plan accordingly. Do you save up calories through the week and splurge in one drunken binge? Or just drink when you want and feel guilty? I'm barely making progress with weight loss and don't wanna drink it all away but I need some liquid fun to combat all the stress in my life!
  • Froggy1976
    Froggy1976 Posts: 472
    Options
    This is just the forum for me. Wine is my weakness and not only that, I LOVE the wine that is probably the worst for you. Moscato! I could drink a whole bottle or more in one evening. I am doing good this week though. I haven't bought a bottle and have been instead drinking green tea (it's just not the same but it definitely fits better with my goals. Weekends are a different story. We shall see, thanks for starting this group. I now know I am not the only one struggling with alcoholic calories!
  • amccabe110
    amccabe110 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm working with a personal trainer for the first time ever & I'm really enjoying it.....but.....she keeps telling me that I need to stop drinking-that I should have one small (6oz) glass of wine for the weekend! Needless to say, I just keep telling her that it's not gonna happen....I'll just have to compensate in some other way!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options