My New Baby

Options
I picked up my new bike over the weekend. I got it on the Cycle to Work scheme (it's a thing we have in the UK where we get Tax relief on bikes).

It's a Specialized Tricross (cyclo-cross) 2010 model, and it rides like a dream. I was going to go for a road bike but my route to work involves going on the pavement to get over the motorway exit so this is ideal.

And of course a great way to keep fit.

I cycled to work on it this morning for the first time, and also it's the first time i have used cleats, but i was surprised how easy it was, i managed to make it to work without falling off, always a bonus.

bike.jpg

Replies

• whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    thats a nice looking bike. you're lucky our bike to work scheme limits us to a selected range of bikes from halfords, needless to say i haven't taken them up on the idea, and am still plodding along on my 15yr old bike (well its gathering dust at the moment until storage gets sorted at home)
  • Willstephens1
    Willstephens1 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Yeah one of our directors is mad into cycling so he sorted the scheme out so we don’t go through a 3rd party, our finance department deal with it, so we can get a bike from anywhere and pay by cheque, anything up to £1000 including accessories.

My last bike was a hybrid which i had for 18 months and it was rally hard work, this is so much better.
  • lou98
    lou98 Posts: 5
    Options
    Wow great choice of bike. I currrently have a mountain bike but am getting a road bike for my 30th so I'll be able to keep up with my boyfriend on his specialized!
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    *coos*

Ooooh she's beautiful!!! :wink:

I got my Specialized Dolce Comp on the CTW scheme last year. She still makes me smile.
  • Willstephens1
    Willstephens1 Posts: 45 Member
    Options

Went for a good run home yesterday, detoured from my normal 8 miles to just short of 20

http://sportypal.com/Workouts/Details/942345?key=0de371feb36eb03ca8b324c9949bd0e66dce2707&ms=1

It was a good ride.