Jillian Michaels- Fad or Fabulous?

Options
Hi everyone! Considering buying the 30 day shred. I've heard a lot of good things about her in general but I know she's pretty popular right now. I would love to hear from you if you've completed the 30DS and saw the results you were looking for OR if you did the 30DS and weren't so impressed. I'm pretty busy so I'm looking for something that will give me the best results for the shortest amount of time I'm able to dedicate to exercising (1-2 hours/day). Thanks so much! :)

Replies

• Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I loved loved loved the shred! I never completed the full 30 days straight, but I saw great results. I didn't lose much in weight (maybe 3-5 pounds) but I lost about 6 inches off my waist. I'd say go for it!
  • kmeekhof
    kmeekhof Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Considering buying the 30 day shred. I've heard a lot of good things about her in general but I know she's pretty popular right now. I would love to hear from you if you've completed the 30DS and saw the results you were looking for OR if you did the 30DS and weren't so impressed. I'm pretty busy so I'm looking for something that will give me the best results for the shortest amount of time I'm able to dedicate to exercising (1-2 hours/day). Thanks so much! :)

I have 4 of JM videos. I wanted to try P90x, but 1. It scares me and 2. too expensive.
    I incorporate all of JM videos into my workout and her NMTZ is one of the hardest workouts I've done in a long time. It really works every single area of your body!
  • krisvtx8777
    krisvtx8777 Posts: 163
    Options
    Currently I'm in my 3rd week of 30 day shred but still alternating levels one and two. I'm also trying to fit in walks when I can.
    So far I've lost an inch in my waist, each thigh, each arm and hips! I'd say it's working! It did also get the scale moving again for me but not by a whole lot....for $8 that the DVD cost, its WORTH it.
  • JenHollandsworth
    JenHollandsworth Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Jillian! I did the 30DS (but not everyday because it was hard on my knees) and have seen great results. I've lost 10 lbs and 6 inches from my waist. I just recently bought Jillian's 6 week Six Pack and Yoga Meltdown...both are great. It think they are more than worth the money.

Good luck! :)
  • smc1277
    smc1277 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I am currently doing the 30 day shred now and love it. I did it a year ago and toned up some. I just started it Saturday so I am hoping it will tone me up again. It is defintely worth the money.
  • punkrawkcutie
    punkrawkcutie Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    She is the devil and I spend alot of time screaming at my TV... but that's the type of person I need to get me going... And i have to say I have incorporated alot of JM speak into my world... trust me you will learn to love/hate "phoneing in" a work out....
    TOTALLY worth the $10
  • ShannonWinger
    ShannonWinger Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Awesome, awesome workouts! If you ever feel like it's not hard enough (takes a while to get there) then up your weights. Then you'll feel it for sure.
  • goohan
    goohan Posts: 155
    Options
    apart from the occasional walk or bike, I have never done exercies, I brought 30ds and its really really good work out for me I don't do it every day, I'm not fit enough but it has really helped my body so much
  • cgavin77
    cgavin77 Posts: 219
    Options
    Where can you get the 30dayshred? Target...or is it something you have to get online?
  • RachelleStarson
    RachelleStarson Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    30day shred is what I started out with 3-4yrs ago when I 1st started to change my life and workout everyday. I <3 Jillian and her no nonsense attitude. Jackie Warner is another good one. Jillian's 30 Day Shred is good but her No More Trouble Zones and Banish Fat Boost Metabolism are the BEST. Her Shred it with weights and yoga workout aren't bad either but the 2 I mentioned are total body killer workouts :). If you have Time Warner Cable you have a channel called Exercise on Demand and can use these for free :)
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Where can you get the 30dayshred? Target...or is it something you have to get online?
    Target, Walmart pretty much any store like that and it'll run you less than $10 if you buy it locally. Online you'll have to pay postage and have that dreaded wait time. You know how it is, when you're excited about getting your purchase the last thing you want to do is wait for the mailman. :noway: :laugh:

Call a couple places up first and make sure they have it in stock and get the best deal but most places carry it for $8.99-$10.:flowerforyou:
  • cgavin77
    cgavin77 Posts: 219
    Options
    GREAT THANKS!!
  • kpower1983
    kpower1983 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Just completed day 1 and I am sore today... apparently that is supposed to happen (according to JM)!!

Loved it though and am actually excited about going home and doing it for the second time so that's got to be a positive!

:drinker:
  • lizzyb0601
    lizzyb0601 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I love her. I have most of her DVDs and am doing the Shred right now. Once my muscles adjust to the work outs a bit more I will be adding a couple more in.
  • Jessibear2854
    Jessibear2854 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I have been doing 30DS noncommittally since the end of December and am still only on level 1 (several bouts of sickness have kept me from really going after it) but just last night, I noticed that I can see muscles! I have chest muscles now :) I can only imagine what I might look like after completing all the levels. It's under $10 and I say worth every penny!
  • smc1277
    smc1277 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I do have to admit though I turn the sound off and turn the my radio up, I need the music to motivate me and I found myself wanting to quit if I had to listen to her.
  • hamppy1
    hamppy1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am doing the 30DS. Yesterday I completed the first day of level 2 and it was really hard. I have done it every day so far - 10 days level 1 and hope to do 10 days level 2. Last week I only lost 1 pound, but hopefully this gets me moving in the right direction. Also, Jillian is coming out with a new video today.
  • meg811
    meg811 Posts: 49
    Options
    I did day 10 of the shred yesterday, and can already see changes. I haven't measured again yet, but my jeans that were just kinda loose before are FALLING off of me... I had my hands full Saturday and had to have my husband pull them up for me before they fell all the way to the ground. It is definitely hard at first, and I could barely walk the first two days, but I definitely noticed it getting "easier" a few days into it (not EASY by any means... but I could do more of the reps and had more endurance for sure). Totally worth the $10 (plus hand weights)! I'm actually looking forward to moving on to level 2 today :)
  • Smokenmirrors
    Smokenmirrors Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    She's no joke but like she says...If you want results you have to bust A#$ for 20 minutes. Her workouts are quite effective. I bought 42/30 jeans yesterday and an xl shirt. Havent worn that in over 5 years. I did the shred for 12 days straight (stopped because I got sick). Back to it. Just got the Banish fat Boost metabolism and my wife and I will do it every night(one or the other). Highly recommended.)

Hard to even think of it as a fad when it is so effective.
  • nannabur4
    nannabur4 Posts: 24
    Options

I got mine from Target, they also have it at good old Walmart too