Exercise for the face!

Options
You are all going to think I'm crazy but I was watching a program and it was all about wellness. They showed an exercise for the face, to help make it look younger and toned and release tension. Tension and stress builds alot in our faces. Don't laugh now:laugh: , ok maybe a little:happy: , you stick your tongue out and in to stretch and tone those facial muscles:tongue: . Now I've been doing it for a while now and it really does work. When I'm sitting watching TV (alone so my husband and daughter don't think I've finally lost it). Just make sure nobody is standing in viewing distance they either think you are nuts or sticking your tongue out at them and can be offended LOL!:laugh:

Replies

• Cloe
    Cloe Posts: 435
    Options
    You are all going to think I'm crazy but I was watching a program and it was all about wellness. They showed an exercise for the face, to help make it look younger and toned and release tension. Tension and stress builds alot in our faces. Don't laugh now:laugh: , ok maybe a little:happy: , you stick your tongue out and in to stretch and tone those facial muscles:tongue: . Now I've been doing it for a while now and it really does work. When I'm sitting watching TV (alone so my husband and daughter don't think I've finally lost it). Just make sure nobody is standing in viewing distance they either think you are nuts or sticking your tongue out at them and can be offended LOL!:laugh:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I saw something like that on the Ellen DeGeneres(sp?) show.
    She started showing web clips of funny shows and she showed a really old exercise show of a woman(with an over teased hair) doing facial exercises. She hissed like a cat... not cute!

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • MissMe9669
    Options
    Yah... it's funny... :tongue: but not when you have to do them because half of your face is paralyzed....:cry: That happened to me... and I had to do all sorts of face exercises!!! and it did look silly!! lol
  • CamCam
    CamCam Posts: 43
    Options
    maybe I should try that. my face always looks like it has tension. the worst part is its natural for me to look that way. I guess because Im always having a conversation with myself
  • kimford28
    kimford28 Posts: 320
    Options
    I'm totally trying this:tongue:
  • karilynn
    Options
    lol, i'm trying this as i'm reading it!! geat advice..thanks!
  • rhondababy
    Options
    Mouth closed around tongue, or open like when the doctor looks at your throat?
  • mrsjo79
    mrsjo79 Posts: 123
    Options
    Now I imagine everyone doing this while they're posting!:laugh:
  • filergirl
    filergirl Posts: 240
    Options
    How's that saying go . . . by the age of 40, everyone has the face that he or she deserves.
  • BUNNYB
    BUNNYB Posts: 91
    Options
    lol... I started doing it right away as i was reading...
    defiantly something I would do when the hubby's at work :tongue:
  • filergirl
    filergirl Posts: 240
    Options
    Okay, I hate to be the big downer here, but wrinkles are the result of the breakdown of underlying structure of the skin (collagen depletion, damage caused by free radicals and UVA / UVB rays). A facial exercise cannot undo this damage; if anything it will only serve to deepen existing lines by repeated use of these muscles. The whole reason botox is so popular is that it freezes these very contractions, and voila, wrinkles disappear. Ever notice the lines that smokers often get? That's from repeated pursing of the lips and contraction of the muscles around the mouth . . .

If facial exercises could help anything, the entire cosmeticeuticals industry would go bankrupt, plastic surgeons would be looking for work, and Liz Taylor and Lindsay Lohan would look like sisters.
  • cmserati
    Options
    There are actually exercises you can use for the entire face...ones to reduce double chins (you actually pull your chin down towards your neck and chest area and make like triple chins)...ones to reduce your neck if that's a problem (just basically grint your teeth to where the sides of your neck kinda stick out)...ok i sound like an idiot now. hope it helps!